Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2015, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by jjmoore

Anyone know roughly what the criteria is to qualify for Plat Premier?
You can read the threads about PP status, but in summary there is not a set criteria you can match. They claim PPs make up the top 3% of their members, how they compute that percentage is unknown (stays, points, $s, number of execs they know, how well they tip the property staff).
Old Dec 29, 2015, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by RogerD408
You can read the threads about PP status, but in summary there is not a set criteria you can match. They claim PPs make up the top 3% of their members, how they compute that percentage is unknown (stays, points, $s, number of execs they know, how well they tip the property staff).
Not sure where these threads exist... do you have links so I can add to my subscriptions?

I stayed 181 paid nights this year at an average cost of $160 base per night. Not sure if that's enough to qualify for it, especially since last year's 145 paid nights didn't get it for me.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 5:13 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Not sure where these threads exist... do you have links so I can add to my subscriptions?
Look in the FAQ sticky thread. There is a link to the main PP discussion thread.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 5:59 pm
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver

I stayed 181 paid nights this year at an average cost of $160 base per night. Not sure if that's enough to qualify for it, especially since last year's 145 paid nights didn't get it for me.
Don't bother trying to figure it out. I have heard all kinds of different spend and stay levels making it. I have had only 70 paid nights, but my average nightly room rate is more than double yours; I also spent about $130,000 on Marriott and Ritz credit cards this year and do a lot of room charges for food. I had 3 small events also. I won't make the status
Old Dec 29, 2015, 6:06 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by NDN
Quote:

Don't bother trying to figure it out. I have heard all kinds of different spend and stay levels making it. I have had only 70 paid nights, but my average nightly room rate is more than double yours; I also spent about $130,000 on Marriott and Ritz credit cards this year and do a lot of room charges for food. I had 3 small events also. I won't make the status
From the discussions you aren't missing much. A regular plat staying at the same hotel repeatedly and treating the staff right probably gets better benefits.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Chewie
Once you obtain a LT level, you always keep it, regardless of current balance.
Well, as long as your account remains open, yes.

But it's theoretically possible to get to an LT level, then disappear from Marriott (including closing the email address you left on file with Marriott) so that Marriott cannot contact you, cannot find any trace of you, and eventually closes your Marriott account.

Now, why anyone would want to get to a Marriott LT level and then switch to totally disappearing from Marriott, and yet care about that Marriott LT level, I don't know, but at least theoretically it seems possible.

(And I think of this because I did see a post from someone in the AA forum who was furious at the fact that his US lifetime status didn't transfer to AA, simply because he had no miles activity at all in the US account for years and years before the merger after attaining US lifetime status, and his US account finally got deleted for inactivity right around the time of the merger [but not related to the merger].)
Old Dec 30, 2015, 12:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bigshooter
From the discussions you aren't missing much. A regular plat staying at the same hotel repeatedly and treating the staff right probably gets better benefits.
This. At the end of the day, repeat guests trump status.

I'd say that hosting an event with catering probably trumps all else for getting a *large* suite, but being a repeat guest trumps almost everything else when it comes to the day-to-day upgrades and random little perks/extras.

Especially if you're nice to both the FD clerks and the bartenders. @:-)

Originally Posted by sdsearch
(And I think of this because I did see a post from someone in the AA forum who was furious at the fact that his US lifetime status didn't transfer to AA, simply because he had no miles activity at all in the US account for years and years before the merger after attaining US lifetime status, and his US account finally got deleted for inactivity right around the time of the merger [but not related to the merger].)
Ooouuuuuch!!! That's brutal. How does any Flyertalker let that happen? On a US carrier with a bazillion easy earning/redeeming options, no less...
Old Dec 30, 2015, 1:10 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by pinniped
This. At the end of the day, repeat guests trump status.

I'd say that hosting an event with catering probably trumps all else for getting a *large* suite, but being a repeat guest trumps almost everything else when it comes to the day-to-day upgrades and random little perks/extras.
When we host events at hotels, the suite is often written into the contract. It's not really a perk as much as a necessity. The event planner is often holding meetings at odd hours, storing sensitive materials and the like. I'm never the one getting the suite, but the meeting planner actually uses the space for work.

My previous boss was a Top Fifty at the Ren near our head office, back when that was being pushed as an important thing. She would get better rooms than me, despite her being Gold and me being Plat Prem.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I did see a post from someone in the AA forum who was furious at the fact that his US lifetime status didn't transfer to AA, simply because he had no miles activity at all in the US account for years and years before the merger after attaining US lifetime status, and his US account finally got deleted for inactivity right around the time of the merger [but not related to the merger].)
Yup, happened to my father, who isn't a FTer. Broke my heart.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by mooper
Yup, happened to my father, who isn't a FTer. Broke my heart.
Happened to me too... lost approximately 300,000 LT miles with US.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 7:31 am

I'm very interested to find out if this is actually true. It sounds like Michilander is the test case for it and we'll know in a few days, if he does indeed go through with the transfer.

If Marriott is guarding against an exploitable loophole, then he'll drop to LT Gold or "regular" Plat, depending on 2015 activity. However, it's a really niche case and some code to write and test, so who knows if they bothered with it...
This will be interesting to see what happens. I just received my "kit" in the mail yesterday for next year. I say kit but it's only a brochure. Anyway, what is interesting is if they drop a LT Platinum to LT Gold, it goes against their advertisement. In this, it states "Once you reach a milestone, you can attain a higher level - but your lifetime status if yours forever." To me, that is stating once you earn it, you can't go back or drop. This would lead me to believe, or I would at least fight, that I've earned the status and it's lifetime and you can't drop back. I guess Marriott could do what UA does to their million milers
Old Dec 31, 2015, 7:56 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
I'm very interested to find out if this is actually true. It sounds like Michilander is the test case for it and we'll know in a few days, if he does indeed go through with the transfer.
Well, I am down to just over the 2M LT points. Transferred 50K to my wife and my LT points did indeed go down by 50K.

Will probably wait until Monday to try the second transfer. Will post the results.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 11:10 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT Diamond, AA LT Platinum
I read that Marriott points transferred between accounts show up in both person's lifetime point balances. So if a friend transfers 50,000 points to my account, for example, $10 is charged and the 50,000 points will increase my lifetime balance by 50,000. Correct?
Old Dec 31, 2015, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by HookEm
I read that Marriott points transferred between accounts show up in both person's lifetime point balances. So if a friend transfers 50,000 points to my account, for example, $10 is charged and the 50,000 points will increase my lifetime balance by 50,000. Correct?
That's cool if it's true. A nice way to increase the lifetime points total. That's my current problem. Good on nights but need points.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by HookEm
According to a number of posts on this thread, no. They get deducted from the lifetime balance of the person who transfers them out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.