Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2016, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by hhoope01
Marriott Execs have already stated that SPG accounts will be merged with Marriott accounts. So that is almost certainly going to happen. The real question is at what transfer ratio will the merge be. Most of the speculation has been between 1 SPG to 2 MR and up to 1 SPG to 5 MR points. I think most tend to think it will be around 1 to 3.
We know the points will transfer over. How will lifetime points be affected? Best case is SPG lifetime points also transfer and convert; more likely, current SPG points as transferred count as lifetime, previously-spent SPG points don't.

That does affect the value of spending SPG points this year.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 7:24 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sethb
We know the points will transfer over. How will lifetime points be affected? Best case is SPG lifetime points also transfer and convert; more likely, current SPG points as transferred count as lifetime, previously-spent SPG points don't.
In the paragraph above what you quoted, I mentioned this issue and noted that AFAIK, SPG doesn't track lifetime points. If they don't, it will be very interesting to see if or how Marriott would transfer over someone's LT point total if it was never tracked.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
In the paragraph above what you quoted, I mentioned this issue and noted that AFAIK, SPG doesn't track lifetime points. If they don't, it will be very interesting to see if or how Marriott would transfer over someone's LT point total if it was never tracked.
I seem to recall SPG does have a lot more data they track than what they show on the web for your account. I wouldn't be surprised if they do have a LT point/spend counter they can view when deciding how generous to be when dealing with issues. Just a faint memory from a chat a long time ago in a galaxy far away (back in my business travels days).
Old Jan 6, 2016, 3:59 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by jjmoore
Anyone know roughly what the criteria is to qualify for Plat Premier?
I qualified via 3 years of 125+ nights consecutively. But there are other, unpublished criteria that others have experienced.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 7:19 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by RogerD408
I seem to recall SPG does have a lot more data they track than what they show on the web for your account. I wouldn't be surprised if they do have a LT point/spend counter they can view when deciding how generous to be when dealing with issues. Just a faint memory from a chat a long time ago in a galaxy far away (back in my business travels days).
I wish they would do it sooner than later. I only have 85 SPG LT nights, but that would put me at LTP on Marriott. A 2 to 1 points transfer would put me there as well.. lol. Guess I'll keep trudging along with normal stays and CC spend.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tanic
What's the chance of the lifetime programs of both SPG and MR surviving the merger intact, or would the goalposts be moved?

Much like all my miles from AA, HP, AL, US, TW now residing in my AAdvantage account, but AA changed the criteria for lifetime status before the final merger.
Huh? What change to AA lifetime status are you referring to? The only one I know of came way back in Dec 2011, when no one was even envisioning AA and US merging. There was I think more talk of AA merging with JetBlue than with US at that time!

So that change had nothing to do with the final merger. It simply had to do with them finally getting the IT needed to implement something they'd been thinking about (but unable to do) for many many years before that. (The change that happened in Dec 2011 had been "threatened" several times in previous years, but it wasn't until 2011 that AA actually acted.)

So blaming the AA/US merger for the Dec 2011 "Million Miler" change at AA would be like blaming the upcoming Marriott/SPG merger for the changes Marriott made to lifetime status a couple years ago (like dropping the years requirement, which btw SPG does have). I see no parallel with anything that Marriott and SPG may decide about lifetime status in the future.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
So blaming the AA/US merger for the Dec 2011 "Million Miler" change at AA would be like blaming the upcoming Marriott/SPG merger for the changes Marriott made to lifetime status a couple years ago (like dropping the years requirement, which btw SPG does have). I see no parallel with anything that Marriott and SPG may decide about lifetime status in the future.
I agree with your assertion that the AA/US merger had nothing to do with AA's LT program changes. But while a "stretch" I could see a possible relation to Marriott's previous change to its LT requirements with the upcoming Starwood/Marriott merge.

If I remember correctly, Marriott changed their LT status requirements around the same time Starwood added SPG LT benefits. So Starwood adding LT benefits to SPG might have had something to do with Marriotts change. And now with the upcoming merger there will no longer be an SPG LT status out there. So while I don't think it will really cause Marriott to make yet another LT status change, there might be a remote possibility of it.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 7:45 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Huh? What change to AA lifetime status are you referring to? The only one I know of came way back in Dec 2011, when no one was even envisioning AA and US merging. There was I think more talk of AA merging with JetBlue than with US at that time!
Dec 2011. The same month AMR filed for bankruptcy. And the corporate merger closed over two years ago. Parker was already measuring the drapes in HDQ1 while there was rumoring about B6.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
They most definitely do. I just got a 2,000+ line Excel file from SPG with every single point posting back to 2008. They have it all recorded. Have earned a bit over 1MM in total the past 6 years it looks like.

I'm more confident now that once they figure the conversion rate for existing points, they can go back and do a multiplier for past points.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
I will be very amused if they do something like "Current SPG points convert to Marriott points and Marriott Lifetime Points at a ratio of X; Other lifetime SPG points convert to Marriott lifetime points at a ratio of Y."

I just wish they'd say; I have a couple of stays coming up where I have to decide whether or not to spend points, and if SPG lifetime points don't end up counting towards MR lifetime points (but current ones do), the scale shifts against spending points.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
They most definitely do. I just got a 2,000+ line Excel file from SPG with every single point posting back to 2008.
That is definitely good news for the SPG elites. ^

I will be very amused if they do something like "Current SPG points convert to Marriott points and Marriott Lifetime Points at a ratio of X; Other lifetime SPG points convert to Marriott lifetime points at a ratio of Y."

I just wish they'd say...
I wouldn't think they would have 2 different conversion ratios as I would think that might be more complicated to create and manage.

As for wishing they'd say something, since I don't think the merger has even gone through all the approval processes yet, it would probably look pretty bad for MR management to be talking or even thinking much about the FF program mergers (other than maybe saying, yes the programs will be merged). They have many other things to keep them busy at the moment. I would be very surprised to hear anything definitive on point conversion rates and combined LT statuses before the later end of this year.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP

I just wish they'd say; I have a couple of stays coming up where I have to decide whether or not to spend points, and if SPG lifetime points don't end up counting towards MR lifetime points (but current ones do), the scale shifts against spending points.
This is why many such actions are done in secret. As soon as a company mentions a pending action, be it a merger or new product, the customers want immediate resolution of all issues. There are many steps that still need to be completed before they can even begin working on the loyalty programs. Didn't it take them a while to bring the MR and RC programs together, maybe SPG will remain separate for quite some time.

If your decisions today have to based upon the future status of the programs, just like global thermonuclear war, the only winning solution is to not play. The programs will all be going away at some point in time. Your best solution is to plan your travels based upon what we know today and hope you have a chance to use your points before they go away.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Just saw my status change today to Platinum Premier. Next stop... LT PT. Sitting on 1.75MM points and 840 nights lifetime. Stayed 181 paid nights in 2015.... Looking like 2016 will be a repeat.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That is definitely good news for the SPG elites. ^

I wouldn't think they would have 2 different conversion ratios as I would think that might be more complicated to create and manage.

As for wishing they'd say something, since I don't think the merger has even gone through all the approval processes yet, it would probably look pretty bad for MR management to be talking or even thinking much about the FF program mergers (other than maybe saying, yes the programs will be merged). They have many other things to keep them busy at the moment. I would be very surprised to hear anything definitive on point conversion rates and combined LT statuses before the later end of this year.
The merger isn't final yet. But it's close enough that people believe it will happen, and are starting to base decisions on it happening. That said, it would make sense for MR management to publish their tentative plans, if nothing else so they could get feedback and adjust them as necessary.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The merger isn't final yet. But it's close enough that people believe it will happen, and are starting to base decisions on it happening. That said, it would make sense for MR management to publish their tentative plans, if nothing else so they could get feedback and adjust them as necessary.
Not at all... Our desires will have zero impact on what MR will do, just like all the past program changes. When they are ready to put resources on working out the details, their staff will probably go quiet until they have ironed out the important points and we will get to decide if we want to stay or go. It is their operation and not ours.

Been through enough mergers to see this time and time again.

Last edited by RogerD408; Jan 10, 2016 at 7:12 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.