Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2018, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by txpenny
The link you quoted still works.
Not for everyone.
Old May 19, 2018, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PlatinumScum
Anyone able to see their lifetime point total? It seems to have vanished from the web site, and the app is showing 0.
Try the 4-step procedure in the wikipost atop this thread. It takes you from the web site that doesn't show to a website that does show it. You have to re-log-in during the process.
Old May 20, 2018, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Try the 4-step procedure in the wikipost atop this thread. It takes you from the web site that doesn't show to a website that does show it. You have to re-log-in during the process.
It does work for me but my points stopped increasing a couple months ago. It is a pain as I’m within sight of 2 million.

Last edited by jztelemark; May 20, 2018 at 10:04 am Reason: spelling
Old May 20, 2018, 10:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Try the 4-step procedure in the wikipost atop this thread.
Impossible. There is no link called "Night Detail" on that page.
Old May 20, 2018, 5:36 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Impossible.
No, it's very possible.

Platinum Lifetime Status
Nights 2232
Points 4,343,712

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
There is no link called "Night Detail" on that page.
After signing in (on three different browsers), there is a "NIGHTS" link on the third banner line. Clicking it opens a "Nights Detail" popup.
Old May 20, 2018, 5:58 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by dayone
No, it's very possible.

Platinum Lifetime Status
Nights 2232
Points 4,343,712

After signing in (on three different browsers), there is a "NIGHTS" link on the third banner line. Clicking it opens a "Nights Detail" popup.
That did not work for me when I tried it right now but the link did. I'm using a MacBook Air with Chrome.
Old May 20, 2018, 7:42 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by CJKatl
That did not work for me when I tried it right now but the link did.
Yes, using the posted link.
Old May 20, 2018, 8:44 pm

Calculating years Marriott elite

I was having a conversation with a friend today, and an interesting question came up--will Marriott count as "years of elite status" for the years which they matched SPG status. I have 3 years of platinum status with Marriott before 2015, 5 years of platinum status with SPG. However, I've had Marriott platinum status the last two years (2017 and 2018) due to matching my spg status.

I'm about 700 nights combined and could easily get 50 night additional this year. What do you all think? Do I get 2017 and 2018 credit for Marriott?
Old May 20, 2018, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by laxff03
...will Marriott count as "years of elite status" for the years which they matched SPG status...
That is one of the questions that has been clearly answered: No.
Old May 20, 2018, 9:44 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Ord Liza
That is one of the questions that has been clearly answered: No.
Funnyli enough when I asked MR customer service via Email AND twitter to send me the details of which elite years I had with MR that wpuld qualify for LT status year they sent me a list of years I was matched from SPG, so while it may be clear at some level it seems they aree confused about that at many levels
​​​​​
no I am not counting on those counting but it seems that they are not all that well versersed in the situation 😁😁😁
Old May 20, 2018, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by kauppias
Funnyli enough when I asked MR customer service via Email AND twitter to send me the details of which elite years I had with MR that wpuld qualify for LT status year they sent me a list of years I was matched from SPG, so while it may be clear at some level it seems they aree confused about that at many levels
​​​​​
no I am not counting on those counting but it seems that they are not all that well versersed in the situation 😁😁😁
Bang head against the wall. Repeat.
Old May 20, 2018, 10:57 pm

Programs: Delta, Southwest, Marriott, Hertz
My lifetime nights show up by not my lifetime points.
Old May 21, 2018, 5:02 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Originally Posted by getagb
if I transfer chase points to Marriott will they count towards lifetime status?
Did we ever get an answer to this one?
Old May 21, 2018, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ellinj
I thought the answer was "any transfers, save for those from SPG, count towards lifetime..."
Old May 21, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, RR A-List
Originally Posted by ellinj
They do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.