Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2018, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Thank you. When reading the T&Cs it does indeed sound like 1 transfer FROM an account per year but there's no wording on limitations into an account.
There is a limitation if the points are purchased:

Purchasing Points

1. A Member may purchase or receive Points purchased by another Member a combined maximum of 50,000 Points per calendar year.
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/ter....mi#purchasing
Old Jun 10, 2018, 8:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Perhaps I should have been more clear in my post: all of the bits about booking the hotel stay first and attaching the hotel cert in the same phone call as the transfer were solely because I was going over the 50k.

If you are doing 50k or less, you don't need to have any reason or any award booking at all. The person transferring just has to call with your Marriott number.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by blackhat_3_6
There is a limitation if the points are purchased:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/ter....mi#purchasing
That's well and good but not necessarily relevant to the question at hand. When transferring points:

Immediately prior to Reward Redemption and only once per calendar year, a Member may authorize the transfer of the necessary number of Points into the Rewards Program account of a friend or family member, in order to qualify for a specific Reward. This transfer may exceed the 50,000 Point maximum per calendar year.
And that T&C except you gave actually sounds to me as a limitation of being gifted points.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 9:56 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG
Lifetime status confusion

I’m confused about lifetime status after speaking to a MR rep. I’ve been hoping to achieve MR lifetime gold status (old program) and should reach the 500 nights by year end (or Aug), been MR gold for 10 years, but the points will take me longer to achieve the 1.6 million points and thought I’d reach that amount ultimately.

Current Stats:
MR - 493 Lifetime Nights, 1,068,443 Lifetime Points, & 10 years Gold Status
SPG - 55 Lifetime Nights , 122,965 current points, & 2 Gold Elite Years

I valued the old MR program gold status for the Concierge Lounge access & breakfast. When speaking with the MR rep, she said I would qualify for the New Program Gold Lifetime but it would not include these 2 items…. the ‘new gold” is like the ‘old silver”? She said I need to earn 1.6 points by Aug to get these 2 benefits via the new program platinum lifetime status.
Unless I did that by Aug, I’d never get it via lifetime status because I’d have to achieve 10 years of platinum under the new program.

Would that be like starting over for the 10 years of new program platinum status? Or would I already have met the 10 years requirement and now only need to achieve a combined total of 600 nights at some point in the future to achieve the new program lifetime platinum status?

Part of the confusion may be that the new gold is like the old MR silver and the new platinum is like the old gold.

Or......have I already met the new program 10 years of platinum status, because I currently have 10 years of old program MR gold status (50 nights/yr)? And I only need to reach 600 nights at some point, even if it's after 12/31/18?

Is there anything in the rules that would get me new program lifetime platinum status once my MR & SPG stats are combined? Based on combined 2018 year end results?

The more I spoke with her, the more confused I got. She didn't seem too sure of her answers, changing the answers as we spoke, and said they were still learning the new program too. Thanks in advance for any insight and advice.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 11:40 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by cmh flyer
I’m confused about lifetime status after speaking to a MR rep. I’ve been hoping to achieve MR lifetime gold status (old program) and should reach the 500 nights by year end (or Aug), been MR gold for 10 years, but the points will take me longer to achieve the 1.6 million points and thought I’d reach that amount ultimately.

Current Stats:
MR - 493 Lifetime Nights, 1,068,443 Lifetime Points, & 10 years Gold Status
SPG - 55 Lifetime Nights , 122,965 current points, & 2 Gold Elite Years
Let's try to simplify this...

Old Program
To reach LTG under the legacy MR program you would need to have 500 nights and 1.6m points in the legacy MR program by the end of 2018. You cannot combine MR and SPG to receive LTG under the legacy programs, so unless you get 500k MR points by the end of the year you will not qualify. Years at status do not matter for Legacy MR LTG. Legacy MR LTG will become LTP under the new program and will include lifetime lounge access and the ability to choose the breakfast amenity where there is not lounge breakfast.

New Program
If you combine nights you will have to qualify for LTG under the new rules, which require 400 nights and seven years at Gold. The numbers you posted would indicate you would be LTG under the new combined program. The new LTG does not include lounge access nor the ability to choose the breakfast amenity. You would need to be LTP for lounge access or the breakfast amenity choice, which you will hit at 600 nights and ten years at status, or in about fifty more nights.

Hope that helps clarify the situation.

Oh, and your ten years at Gold under the old program will count towards the ten years of Plat needed for LTP under the new program. The legacy MR Gold was the fifty night level, which will be the new program's Plat. From the Starwood Board's Official Announcement Wiki:
B10. Do years of Gold in the legacy MR program count as a year of Platinum in the calculation for LTPP?
Yes, your previous years in the Marriott Rewards Program that were Gold Elite will be counted as years at Platinum Elite in the new program. These years are your Lifetime years and will be counted towards any of the lifetime requirements, ... <further clarified by Starwood Lurker 06Jun18>

Last edited by CJKatl; Jun 11, 2018 at 12:20 am
Old Jun 11, 2018, 12:32 am

Programs: United 1K 1MM, Marriott LTT
@swag, thank you.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by CJKatl
Let's try to simplify this...

Oh, and your ten years at Gold under the old program will count towards the ten years of Plat needed for LTP under the new program. The legacy MR Gold was the fifty night level, which will be the new program's Plat. From the Starwood Board's Official Announcement Wiki:
Under the new program, will I achieve LTP when I achieve 10 years at 50 nights/yr and a total of 600 nights? I currently have the 10 years and a total of 548 nights (493 MR & 55 SP). Does that meant that under the new program, I'll achieve LTP once I have 52 more nights?

Thanks for your help!
Old Jun 11, 2018, 7:18 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Under the new program, will I achieve LTP when I achieve 10 years at 50 nights/yr and a total of 600 nights? I currently have the 10 years and a total of 548 nights (493 MR & 55 SP). Does that meant that under the new program, I'll achieve LTP once I have 52 more nights?

Thanks for your help!
Yes
cmh flyer likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 7:21 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier
current gold. 1020 lifetime nights. 1,963,000 lifetime points.
BUT no idea on how many years in programme - any way to find out?

I'm hoping for a Lifetime PP - but actually those 37k points to reach 2m may be tricky to come by at moment.... will i default to Lifetime PP if I have 10 years?

i might buy the points if that is gonna be the deal breaker - or get the SPG UK Amex and transfer....

thx in advance...

edit I also have 2 years SPG status matched at Gold - but never made a single stay.... does this accrue to build up 10 years? (i would be confident in 10 year threshold if this the case)
Old Jun 11, 2018, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by yorkshire exile
current gold. 1020 lifetime nights. 1,963,000 lifetime points.
BUT no idea on how many years in programme - any way to find out?

I'm hoping for a Lifetime PP - but actually those 37k points to reach 2m may be tricky to come by at moment.... will i default to Lifetime PP if I have 10 years?

i might buy the points if that is gonna be the deal breaker - or get the SPG UK Amex and transfer....

thx in advance...

edit I also have 2 years SPG status matched at Gold - but never made a single stay.... does this accrue to build up 10 years? (i would be confident in 10 year threshold if this the case)
Status from matching between the two programs doesn't count.

They've said you have until 12/31 to achieve lifetime status under the old program rules. And they've said that in August you'll be able to see how many years of status you have. So in your case I'd wait until then. If you have the required 10+ years of old-gold, you're all set. If not, you still have ~5 months from then to get the last 37K points.
yorkshire exile likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 10:26 am

yorkshire, I found my SPG elite years online and for MR, I learned the results by calling MR.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I’ve been hoping to achieve MR lifetime gold status (old program) and should reach the 500 nights by year end (or Aug), been MR gold for 10 years,
Make sure you're counting correctly. You'd have to have not earned much more than exactly 50 nights each and every year to have "only" almost 500 nights but already 10 years of earned Gold Status. (In my case, I've certainly "overshot" in some years and thus I'm close to 700 lifetime nights despite only 7 years of earned Platinum and 1 year of earned Gold.)

Only years in which you earned Gold status count.

In case you alternated between years you qualified (with more than 50 nights) and years you didn't re-qualify (less than 50 nights), the years you didn't re-qualify (but were still Gold due to qualifying the previous year) wouldn't could as years of Gold Status.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I found my SPG elite years online
Where online? My SPG Account Summary shows my lifetime SPG nights, but says nothing about lifetime SPG elite years (yet I earned SPG Platinum at least one year, though through a challnage, not counting the couple years I had SPG Plat from linking my Marriott Plat to SPG). Currently I have a request in for a Lifetime SPG Master Statement to find that out.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Where online? My SPG Account Summary shows my lifetime SPG nights, but says nothing about lifetime SPG elite years (yet I earned SPG Platinum at least one year, though through a challnage, not counting the couple years I had SPG Plat from linking my Marriott Plat to SPG). Currently I have a request in for a Lifetime SPG Master Statement to find that out.
​​
https://www.spgpromos.com/dashboard/

Login into the website above and click on Lifetime Tab (the middle of the page).
Old Jun 11, 2018, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by yorkshire exile
Transferring SPG points doesn't affect your lifetime total (or I'd just transfer all of mine and hit 2 million).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.