Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2018, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
My history with trusting CSR's to be right when their facts are at odds with everything else isn't positive.

But I guess we'll see. Perhaps all the SPG lobbying broke them, to the point they didn't even bother with 750/667K, but just said "this isn't worth the hassle, just throw them all a bone, it's not really worth much anyway".
Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: MAR TE ... UA PS
Originally Posted by jeanie
At this point, Marriott seems to be saying lots of different things to a lot of different people. I called and spoke to an agent this morning, and he said a lot of things that I know to be wrong. For example, he said all points are lifetime points. So he told me that if I transferred SPG points into my MR account right now, they would count towards lifetime status.

My advice is to get it in writing when possible. I'm not even going to try to call them now. I have a feeling that there will be a lot of promises broken because of the mis-information given by agents.
I tried this recently and although the points showed up in my Marriott account, my lifetime points count did not change. Will points in each account may be combined for lifetime status on July 31st - I hope ?.?.?

Last edited by thinze3; Apr 19, 2018 at 8:48 am
Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:07 am

Programs: MAR TE ... UA PS
Need 200k to LTG (new LTP). Before July 31st or Dec 31st ?

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Nobody knows for sure! Agents are not a reliable source of information on this. That's why we keeping seeing conflicting information about things like this that have not been officially spelled out clearly.
Yes, I think you are correct. I've spoken to 2 agents and each seemed to be clueless and would say what you wanted to hear until pressed. The second agent said they would be learning more and to call back in July. Well, July will be too late for me. I need 200K points and should have them by October but not but July unless I pull a rabbit out of a hat.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:09 am

At this point I would bet money on December 31 for current lifetime gold/future platinum, but July 31 for lifetime platinum/grandfathered platinum premier
Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by davidsc111
I would say if you have 750 SPG nights and the equivalent (before 3:1 ratio) of 2m points then you might have an argument. But combining the two programs nights and points to get there doesn't make sense. Frankly, I don't blame Marriott for only rewarding the people who LTP with Marriott. When AA and US merged they didn't go back to my US history and add up all of the credit card and bonus points I earned and add them to my Lifetime status (even though until like 2010 they counted that for AA). I kind of got the shaft...and US was the one taking over AA. That's how the cookie crumbles. But if I was SPG LTP and my nights/points equalled the LTP Marriott #'s I would try like heck to get them to make me LTPP...
My understanding of the AA/US merger is that US truly didn't keep old data for calculating the historical miles. US was also big on purging account data for accounts that were dormant (no activity for several years). UA and CO had all the data needed to recalculate. That is why there was a discussion on the other thread about whether SPG actually has all the old earnings data in order to calculate lifetime points.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:14 am

Has anyone called MR and/or SPG to see if they can tell you the number of years that you have achieved status (and what status you achieved)?
Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Originally Posted by tods27
Has anyone called MR and/or SPG to see if they can tell you the number of years that you have achieved status (and what status you achieved)?
Yes, SPG took two minutes.

MR took 30 minutes and could only go back to 2015.

Just one more example of how much better SPG is (was) than MR; and I have more lifetime MR nights than SPG. I calls them as I sees them.

I think MR Gold years should count towards LT Plat since 50 is the number. (old Gold is new Plat). Someone on FT says they were told that by a MR exec, but that is not how the document reads (Plat 75 years only). Yet Plat SPG 50 years do count - how does that make sense?

I am quite happy with the path to LT Plat since I have the nights but would never have had the points. But I sure wish I could tell how many years I have, I don't have enough with SPG only. I'm sure that will happen eventually once they get their act together.

Last edited by dilbertsdaddy; Apr 19, 2018 at 8:27 am
Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
Yes, SPG took two minutes.

MR took 30 minutes and could only go back to 2015.

Just one more example of how much better SPG is (was) than MR; and I have more lifetime MR than SPG. I calls them as I sees them,

I think MR Gold years should count towards LT Plat since 50 is the number. (old Gold is new Plat). Someone on FT says they were told that by a MR exec however, that is not what the document reads (Plat 75 years only). Yet Plat SPG 50 years do count - how does that make sense?

I am quite happy with the path to LT Plat since I have the nights but would never have had the points. But I sure wish I could tell how many years I have. I'm sure that will happen eventually once they get their act together.
I probably should have been more specific about MR years as SPG was tracking this as part of LTG/LTP before. I don't really see the value of 30 minutes to go back 3 years . I'm close to having the SPG Plat and MR Plat years for the new LTP (I'll have 1000 nights in the combined programs, so nights aren't a problem), but, like you, my points were way short of LTG in MR.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: United/Marriott/Chase
I'm working toward Marriott Lifetime Platinum (50 nights) in the new system starting August 1st, and I'd really like to know how many years of Platinum status I already have.

I matched my United Gold to Marriott Gold in 2016, then matched Marriott Gold to SPG Gold in 2017.

The new Marriott Elite program requires 10 years of Platinum (50 nights) to achieve Lifetime Platinum. So I wonder how many years of Platinum I already have toward these 10 years?
Outcome 1 : I don't have any Platinum years at all because I never stayed 50 nights at Marriott.
Outcome 2: I have 3 years of Platinum because I have Marriott current Gold (50 nights) for 2016/2017/2018 achieved from a United RewardsPlus match.
Outcome 3 : I have 5 years of Platinum because I have Marriott current Gold (50 nights) for 2016/2017/2018 and SPG Gold (2017/2018).

I'm leaning toward Outcome 2, I predict they will give me 3 years of Platinum Elite credit. Then I can achieve Lifetime Platinum 7 years from now by accumulating 600 stays total. It's also possible they don't consider the United Gold status match important enough and I'll have 0 years of Platinum credit. Hmmm . . .
Old Apr 19, 2018, 9:26 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by mikeef
5. Marriott representatives will break out in a virtual fist fight on FT, a la the red zone/white zone debate.
I was on board with you until this one. MR reps don't post on FT anymore

Originally Posted by crimsona
At this point I would bet money on December 31 for current lifetime gold/future platinum, but July 31 for lifetime platinum/grandfathered platinum premier
I'm not sure why we need to keep making things up here when Marriott has published this information already (as I've previously posted):

Members will have until year-end 2018 to complete stays in order to achieve the Lifetime Elite status thresholds to be grandfathered in at the previous thresholds for Rewards or SPG.
Maybe we should update the wikipost.

Last edited by bennos; Apr 19, 2018 at 9:34 am
Old Apr 19, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Originally Posted by BurbankTesla
I'm working toward Marriott Lifetime Platinum (50 nights) in the new system starting August 1st, and I'd really like to know how many years of Platinum status I already have.

I matched my United Gold to Marriott Gold in 2016, then matched Marriott Gold to SPG Gold in 2017.

The new Marriott Elite program requires 10 years of Platinum (50 nights) to achieve Lifetime Platinum. So I wonder how many years of Platinum I already have toward these 10 years?
Outcome 1 : I don't have any Platinum years at all because I never stayed 50 nights at Marriott.
Outcome 2: I have 3 years of Platinum because I have Marriott current Gold (50 nights) for 2016/2017/2018 achieved from a United RewardsPlus match.
Outcome 3 : I have 5 years of Platinum because I have Marriott current Gold (50 nights) for 2016/2017/2018 and SPG Gold (2017/2018).

I'm leaning toward Outcome 2, I predict they will give me 3 years of Platinum Elite credit. Then I can achieve Lifetime Platinum 7 years from now by accumulating 600 stays total. It's also possible they don't consider the United Gold status match important enough and I'll have 0 years of Platinum credit. Hmmm . . .
Marriott Plat was 75 nights, SPG was 50

I hope that MR Gold will count as they are 50 nights but the document reads that it must be Plat

Hopefully we will get a clarification or reconsideration but the way I read it you would have zero Plat years but some towards LT Gold (although the bar has been raised)

SPG Gold years will definitely not count as they are only 25 nights

Don't know if they would count status match years
Old Apr 19, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy

I think MR Gold years should count towards LT Plat since 50 is the number. (old Gold is new Plat). Someone on FT says they were told that by a MR exec, but that is not how the document reads (Plat 75 years only). Yet Plat SPG 50 years do count - how does that make sense?
I completely agree, and to me this is the one aspect of the new program that isn't clear at this point. Basically for a current Marriott Gold, the new Plat level gives the same benefits they have today. Let's say someone was Gold for the last 10 years. So now that person has to do another 10 years at 50 nights to get the LT Plat (same as current Gold benefits)? While SPG's who stayed 50 nights for 10 years gets LT Plat immediately? It doesn't add up.

I don't know my years for sure, but I'm currently MR Plat (1 yr) and have somewhere around 7-10 years at Gold, so I'm anxiously awaiting clarification.

The other thing I'll say about LT benefits is the removal of the points requirement is going to create a LOT more LT'ers at most if not all levels. Not that I'm complaining.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by kaizen7
For me, Plt Premier 75 offer very minimal benefit

other than higher point earn, the other benefits is not really useful for me.

48 hours room guarantee and extra 5sna

hotel “might” treat plt premier better, but then its something that quite dubious as some hotel even think current plt is a liabilities due to late checkout.
Agreed at this point. The question is whether or not Marriott either changes the direct benefits later to reduce regular 50 night plat in the new program, or adds benefits. As far as treatment by front desk staff, it's kind of dubious - now that Platinum Premier will be a published level in the new program, I expect that front desk staff will actually recognize it (although I could end up being wrong here). How much of a difference that practically makes is a whole 'nother set of cards.

Originally Posted by naumank
The way they came up with so many levels is laughable. They are just trying to keep SPG customers in the comfort zone. When implementing these different levels, I bet there will be so much confusion across the properties and PP will not likely be treated better than P.

If LT P or LT PP members don't get those suite upgrades automatically, then LT P is the sweet spot with lounge access. That's it.
Well, now it'll be a different threshold. Anybody who qualified as Gold in the old program will quality as Plat in the new one, anyone who qualified as Marriott Plat in the old program will qualify as Plat Premier. At least PP will be a published level now, which will increase the odds of it being recognized properly, but as stated earlier, it could go either way.
Originally Posted by pinniped
Why I think LTPP might actually be worth it:

- United partnership. I'm in the camp that believes new Plat 50's won't get it.
- Insulation against future benefit devaluations, such as limiting "regular" Plats' lounge access or breakfast options.
- Now that the level is formalized, more hotels may actually prioritize it for upgrades. It didn't mean anything before, but it very well could in the future.
- Possibly the 48-hour guarantee, although the heritage-Marriott brands seemed to always "game" this benefit. Not sure about Starwood... I did invoke it as a Plat in Seattle and San Francisco for good hotels at fair rates (high-ish, but not absurd). Also got rejected by all sorts of small-town Courtyards and Fairfields that weren't within 500 miles of any major global event that would warrant an exemption from the rules.
We'll have to see if the United partnership actually survives. On the "What's new" page for SPG members on members.marriott.com, it states:

Originally Posted by Marriott/SPG
Crossover RewardsTM with Delta SkyMiles will continue through July 15, 2018, with all current benefits being honored through that date. We expect to have more to share on this program before July 15.
It's theoretically possible that Marriott could maintain both; The Points Guy alleges that the RewardsPlus is going to be for Platinum Premier (75 nights) and that the Crossover Rewards on Delta is up for grabs:

Originally Posted by TPG
Crossover Rewards: All current benefits will remain in effect through July 15, 2018. However, the newly combined program is actively working on ways that we can create a benefit that in light of our size, is sustainable into the future.” There will hopefully be additional information forthcoming before July 15.
I agree on the 48 hour guarantee (theoretically useful, hard to use, especially at a reasonable rate) and that status as PP will hopefully be better recognized as a publicly advertised/disclosed elite level. And some potential insulation from benefit devaluations as a discrete level from regular plat.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by JBord
I completely agree, and to me this is the one aspect of the new program that isn't clear at this point. Basically for a current Marriott Gold, the new Plat level gives the same benefits they have today. Let's say someone was Gold for the last 10 years. So now that person has to do another 10 years at 50 nights to get the LT Plat (same as current Gold benefits)? While SPG's who stayed 50 nights for 10 years gets LT Plat immediately? It doesn't add up.

I don't know my years for sure, but I'm currently MR Plat (1 yr) and have somewhere around 7-10 years at Gold, so I'm anxiously awaiting clarification.

The other thing I'll say about LT benefits is the removal of the points requirement is going to create a LOT more LT'ers at most if not all levels. Not that I'm complaining.
I hear ya. But apparently just you and I are awaiting clarification! For all we know the matter is settled.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, SPG Platinum
Just checking to see if your Marriott accounts reads the same as mine. My account shows me as a Platinum Elite. Not Lifetime Platinum Elite. But I am. I have an email from Marriott from a year ago that congratulated me.
For those that are Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elites, does your account show that on the Marriott page of does it just say Platinum Elite?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.