Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Chicago, IL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Hat tip to dcchi: "Whenever we do staycations in downtown Chicago, we use the ParkWhiz app to find parking. Normally pretty substantial savings off of hotel parking rates and even minor savings (and sometimes more) off of garage posted rates. If you're willing to walk one or a few blocks, this works well."
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Chicago, IL

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2012, 6:43 am

OK - wrapping up the stay and it was really outstanding.
  • They waived the "hold fee" for the suitcase and said it was a charge only for groups. They apologized and that was that.
  • As mentioned before, no weekend lounge or breakfast vouchers for Platinums. This was a bit disappointing but obviously squarely within policy. My kids weren't exactly complaining with high-end solutions like Dunkin' Donuts within 10 feet.
  • When open, the lounge was decent. No problem with early evening snacks, later deserts and printing a boarding pass (well, actually a train ticket as I'm surprising the kids and got a sleeper car back to DC rather than flying).
  • They agreed to a 4pm late check-out which is very helpful (today is New Year's Eve so I guess they're not jammed, but still)
  • No issues with gift cards and it was a total breeze. Fastest process I have experienced.
  • The gym is great and my kids loved the pool.
  • Hard to beat the location for access to the Sears Tower and Union Station. The heart of Michigan Avenue is around a $7 taxi.
  • Internet service was consistently good.
  • Huge, higher than normal hotel quality, flat screens in the room and a recessed flat screen behind the mirror. My kids thought they had died and gone to Sponge Bob heaven watching TV while in the tub.

I would unquestionably come back - this was really one of the best Marriott properties I have experienced (and greatly surpassed that majority of RCs).
Old Dec 31, 2012, 9:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the detailed trip report & summary.

Don't feed the kids too many Dunkin' Donuts or they'll be bouncing around the sleeper car rather than sleeping

Cheers.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:19 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by billycwhatup
OK - wrapping up the stay and it was really outstanding.
  • They waived the "hold fee" for the suitcase and said it was a charge only for groups. They apologized and that was that.
  • As mentioned before, no weekend lounge or breakfast vouchers for Platinums. This was a bit disappointing but obviously squarely within policy. My kids weren't exactly complaining with high-end solutions like Dunkin' Donuts within 10 feet.
  • When open, the lounge was decent. No problem with early evening snacks, later deserts and printing a boarding pass (well, actually a train ticket as I'm surprising the kids and got a sleeper car back to DC rather than flying).
  • They agreed to a 4pm late check-out which is very helpful (today is New Year's Eve so I guess they're not jammed, but still)
  • No issues with gift cards and it was a total breeze. Fastest process I have experienced.
  • The gym is great and my kids loved the pool.
  • Hard to beat the location for access to the Sears Tower and Union Station. The heart of Michigan Avenue is around a $7 taxi.
  • Internet service was consistently good.
  • Huge, higher than normal hotel quality, flat screens in the room and a recessed flat screen behind the mirror. My kids thought they had died and gone to Sponge Bob heaven watching TV while in the tub.

I would unquestionably come back - this was really one of the best Marriott properties I have experienced (and greatly surpassed that majority of RCs).
Great! I've decided and will be staying there on my upcoming Chicago trip.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 8:34 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, MR Plat
Chicago property with coin-on laundry?

Hi folks,

I have a free day tomorrow and wanted to stop into Chicago to see some stuff. Problem is, I need to get my laundry done and will only have 1 free day so drop-off probably isn't going to work. Does anyone know a property with coin-on? I know the TownePlace Suites outside of the city should all have it, but I was hoping to stay at a better property.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 10:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
If my memory serves me correctly, both of the Courtyards downtown should have coin-op laundry but I haven't stayed at either of them in the last 2 years so don't quote me on that one.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 7:34 am
Suspended

I believe the dual Springhill Suites/Residence Inn downtown also share such a room.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 8:27 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
The CY Mag Mile did when I stayed there in November 2011...in fact, I don't think I've ever stayed at a CY/RI/SHS that didn't have coin-operated laundry. Full service hotels, on the other hand, usually don't have coin-op laundry. If you need to be certain, you can always call the hotel and ask.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 8:03 am

Question Help! Which is the best Marriott brand hotel to stay in Chicago?

Hi guys,

I am 23 years old going down to Chicago for a full week on business. I'll have a rental car so I can get around to the office. I like modern and luxury hotels but must stick with Marriott brand. Looking at my corporate travel website I can stay at the following hotels:

Residence Inn Chicago Downtown - 3 star
Renaissance Blackstone Chicago - 4 star
Renaissance Chicago Downtown - 5 star
Courtyard Chicago Downtown (River) - 3 star
Chicago Marriott Downtown - 4 star
Courtyard Chicago Downtown (Magnificent Mile) - 3 star

I like to go eat good food and do a bit of shopping so location is pretty important. What do you guys recommend in terms of best location, most modern or renovated and best overall hotel?

Thanks so much!
Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I have not stayed at them all, so take this for what it is worth.

If you are not budget-restricted, I would think the Ren Chicago downtown is your best option. Very close to Mag Mile (Michigan Ave) for the shopping and dining options and the only 5 star on your list.

I have not heard good things about the rooms / decor at Marriott Chicago downtown...
Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Rennaisance Downtown is a good property. You left off your list the JW Marriott:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...go-news-7.html

See also:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-decision.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...roperty-2.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...ago-hotel.html
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Of the options above, I like the Chicago Ren for near-ideal location and for the large rooms
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:24 am
Suspended

You will like the vibe at the Blackstone. Do a search of both properties here.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:55 am

I can only stay in Marriott properties and the JW Marriott is not our preferred. We only go up to Ren
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
BTW - be prepared to when you find out the daily parking charges for your rental car at the downtown properties.

Cheers.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 7:52 am

Company pays for it! Do I get points for the valet parking charge of 50-55 dollars per day?

Also - I might not have a rental car when I am in town and cab to the office. Is the Ren Downtown a good location if I want to walk and take transit to check stuff out on the weekend?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.