Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt, Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt, Germany [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2016, 12:52 pm

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
Just got a rate of 81 euros (flexible). It is amazing how cheap it is.

I assume because of extensive construction in the lobby area....
Old Sep 11, 2016, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Andie007
I assume because of extensive construction in the lobby area....
Let's hope they are renovating more than just the lobby area because the entire hotel needs a major refresh!
Old Sep 12, 2016, 12:05 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Will it be noisy?
Old Oct 6, 2016, 1:32 am

Programs: AF/KLM FB Plat, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by imverge
Let's hope they are renovating more than just the lobby area because the entire hotel needs a major refresh!
More renovations are planned at the end of the year. Just heard via email from LM Frankfurt.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
I kept wondering why the hotel wasn't available for dates I kept looking for at the beginning of February....turns out it is closed for renovations and will not reopen till March. Interesting and I hope it stays with LeMeridien considering on the SPG front there is now a lot of competition with the addition of some nice Design hotels including the Roomers just around the corner.

Article in German:

http://www.journal-frankfurt.de/jour...tel-28190.html
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:01 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
It's staying with Le Méridien, they're just bringing it up to brand standards with a comprehensive renovation. All the rooms, bathrooms and public spaces in the Business Wing are getting a revamp along with the public spaces in the Palais. If you check their website, you'll see a photo of a Le Méridien Suite which is indicative of the design direction they're going in.

Good for them to do this level of work in just three months. Leave it to the Germans.

khabah
Old Jan 4, 2017, 6:55 am

khabah...good to know that it will stay with LeM as it has been my preferred SPG hotel in Frankfurt for a while if I want to stay in the city. Some people are bothered by the location but having lived in Germany for years I know that the area is safe. I do want to try the Roomers as I have heard lots of good things about it but the price is usually higher than what I typically pay at the LeM.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 11:59 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
The hotel is open again... Still no club lounge :[ I had some stays here but i prefer the other properties in Fra...
Old Mar 12, 2017, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by cln
The hotel is open again... Still no club lounge :[ I had some stays here but i prefer the other properties in Fra...
... was never closed.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 3:13 pm
cln

it was.... they were closed for refurbishment...... verify your information before posting
Code:
Le Méridien Frankfurt
March 5 at 3:22pm · 
Whohoooo! NOW OPEN! 
We proudly present: THE NEW FACE
www.lemeridienfrankfurt.com
#lemeridienfrankfurt #welcomeback #thenewface #finallyopen
currently i can see rates from 87€ for 2persons for the next weekend... that seems like a new low
Old Mar 12, 2017, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by cln
it was.... they were closed for refurbishment...... verify your information before posting

Code:
Le Méridien Frankfurt
March 5 at 3:22pm ·
Whohoooo! NOW OPEN!
We proudly present: THE NEW FACE
www.lemeridienfrankfurt.com
#lemeridienfrankfurt #welcomeback #thenewface #finallyopen
currently i can see rates from 87€ for 2persons for the next weekend... that seems like a new low
yes - the lobby was closed during renovation time... (which btw was a disaster- esp the breakfast room was horrible).
hotel was operating every day during renovation.
pls verify your information before posting
greetings from Frankfurt
Old Mar 13, 2017, 1:36 am
cln

The renovations began earlier and the hotel was partially operating but the hotel was not bookable and fully closed from 2nd Dec

Hotel Guest Policies | Le Méridien Parkhotel Frankfurt - Starwood Hotels
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/lemeri...ncements.html?...
Learn about hotel policies at Le Méridien Parkhotel Frankfurt including check in and out ... From December 2, 2016, the hotel will temporarily close for renovations.

I think you are able to read German as well
Le Méridien Frankfurt
December 2, 2016 ·
Jetzt wird abgeschlossen! - Die letzten Gäste haben nun unser Hotel verlassen und wir begeben uns in den umbaubedingten Winterschlaf - Wir freuen uns schon jetzt euch wieder Anfang März 2017 bei uns zu begrüßen! Bis dahin halten wir euch hier mit Neuigkeiten auf dem Laufenden.
Das Projekt "LM Reloaded" kann starten!
I did my homework Actually i wanted to stay there in December... I wouldn't post something if i wasn't sure.

Last edited by cln; Mar 13, 2017 at 1:42 am
Old Mar 14, 2017, 12:53 am

I live in Frankfurt. The hotel was definitely closed.
Old May 31, 2017, 2:45 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Great stay for very decent rate

Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Wiesenhuettenplatz 28-38 Frankfurt, DE 60329

Great stay for very decent rate (16 Photos)

This was my first visit to Frankfurt. Wanted to discover the place during the long weekend. Found a few properties I wanted to try out: LM, Roomers and Pure. Ended up booking LM for the rate mainly.

The hotel is almost located opposite the main station so you can easily walk there from the station. As mentioned several times before, these areas near the stations in Europe are not always the nicest and most glamourous places but it's not dangerous or seedy. It's animated yes, colourful let's call it. With lots Oriental, Asian, Middle-Eastern restaurants supermarkets and restaurants/eateries. You won't run out of options. I really don't see this area as dangerous or "to be avoided if with kids".... then again we all have different perceptions of things.

The hotel is split in two sides. One side is in the more historical building with a red facade and then to its right, you have a more modern grey part. Check the pictures to get an idea. From reading the different reviews, I suspect the rooms in the older building might be smaller? 

2_FullSizeRender.jpg

3_FullSizeRender_1.jpg

1_FullSizeRender_11.jpg

Check In

Arrived at around 2PM, I made a note in my reservation to say that I would arrive a bit earlier than normal check-in time. The room was ready and I was upgraded from a Superior Room to an Executive Room in the new wing (as SPG Gold). There's a concierge/porter who greets you as you walk in and then you're taken care of by the lovely front desk staff. It was painless, quick and easy. And yes, there is music playing as in most LM properties and the brand scent is very present. Might be a bit too agressive for some.

Requested for a 3PM check-out, no issue there (checked-out on a Saturday).

Room

As said earlier, I did get upgraded into an Executive Room in the new wing. The rate paid for the initial room was quite cheap, EUR 109 including breakfast for 2. My room was on the top floor, 8th floor, right next to the elevators. It was a big room with a sitting area separated from the sleeping area by a flat screen TV mounted on a stand that you can rotate so you can watch TV from the sofa or the bed. There's a desk with a few plugs available and suficient plugs as well on each side of the bed. The room looked like it was renovated recently. General look and feel was good, airy and bright with windows running all along the entire room. Good point is that you can open the windows (safety issues here with kids though, even if the windows are quite high up).

1_FullSizeRender_3.jpg

2_FullSizeRender_4.jpg

2_FullSizeRender_8.jpg

FullSizeRender_9.jpg

1_FullSizeRender_13.jpg

You can see on the floor plan that some rooms are tiny.... (854, 852 or 864 for example). Probably the Superior Rooms (lowest cat)?

The view from the room is quite open, on the little square and some of Frankfurt's skyline.

1_FullSizeRender_7.jpg

FullSizeRender_10.jpg

Bathroom

The bathroom looks old though, compared to the rest of the room... .Or it's just the colour and the choice of materials. Anyway, nothing to really talk or rave about here haha.

2_FullSizeRender_5.jpg

2_FullSizeRender_6.jpg

Dining

As my rate included breakfast, I headed there the next morning. The area is quite big but in an odd shape. Makes it difficult for the waiters to have a good overall view of the entire dining/breakfast area.... Good selection of hot and cold food, nothing crazy. Coffees and teas are self-service from the machine. It was empty when I had my breakfast.

1_FullSizeRender_14.jpg

1_FullSizeRender_15.jpg

1_FullSizeRender_16.jpg

FullSizeRender_17.jpg

Overall

Anyway, good hotel, too bad I didn't get to experience the basic room (I rarely book higher cat rooms, always hoping for upgrades haha). But next time, i want to try the Roomers (Design Hotel) as I've heard a lot about it from some local people.
Rates are very decent, they go down to EUR 85-90 a night. I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express not far from there and paid EUR 100 that same weekend.... no hesitation there, except I was on an IHG mattress run mission.

Great stay for very decent rate

Would you like to write a review on the Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt?

No, thank you.
Yes
jazzhou likes this.
Old May 31, 2017, 6:36 am

enelym1978 thanks for posting an update after the renovation! In the past I stayed here regularly when I needed to be in FRA and I have always like my stays.

The room renovations only look like a partial reno as most of the furniture looks the same. Carpet, paint, headboard and sofa look new but the bed linens, closet and tv unit look like they did before. (it's the same beech wood design as the LeM Vienna which I stay at frequently and which is now renovating their rooms) Bathrooms don't look like they were touched at all as part of the reno. This partial reno would explain how they only closed for a couple of months as part of the reno.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.