Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt, Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt, Germany [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2012, 1:03 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by MattTaiwan
Checked-in on Nov. 18 as Plat member:

No Club Lounge
No Upgrade
No Complimentary hours-d'ouevre and No Complimentary Breakfast if you select 500 starpoints as your welcome gift.

But, Complimentary coffee for two in the bar has been offered, if you find this voucher.
Just to put your post into perspective, I assume you did not receive a suite upgrade and you did not opt for the breakfast and chose the points...

The LM Frankfurt does not have a club lounge, the Westin Grand and the Sheraton FRA have outstanding lounges, however are constantly more expensive than the LM.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 5:51 pm

Programs: British Air silver, Starwood Platimum, Amex Platinum
I am going for Oktoberfest. First trip to Munich in ages. First time as a Plat. Wish us good luck.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 11:45 pm

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by sjordan93436
I am going for Oktoberfest. First trip to Munich in ages. First time as a Plat. Wish us good luck.
Good luck to you! Especially if you are staying based in Frankfurt for the Münchner Oktoberfest...

Old Sep 28, 2013, 7:29 am

Programs: British Air silver, Starwood Platimum, Amex Platinum
My bad

Sorry, I am staying in Munich at LM for Oktoberfest. My mistake.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 1:25 am

People, stay away from this property as far as you can.
The frontdesk is a mess, the question I asked and the answers they gave me were totally different stories. And they have made up another story which does not make any sense at all to cover it.
I have stayed so many Starwood property and this property is the most frustrating one that I have to post my very first reply to let you guys know.

My story is too long to tell but I will not stay at this property ever again in my life.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 1:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by gamersonia
People, stay away from this property as far as you can.
The frontdesk is a mess, the question I asked and the answers they gave me were totally different stories. And they have made up another story which does not make any sense at all to cover it.
I have stayed so many Starwood property and this property is the most frustrating one that I have to post my very first reply to let you guys know.

My story is too long to tell but I will not stay at this property ever again in my life.
Ok, I bite...

Let me guess:

No upgrade at all and a room in the old building. FD told you no upgrades available, despite other information on spg.com. You did not get a table at breakfast and the airline crews consumed all the free coffee in the lobby?
Old Feb 18, 2014, 2:11 am

Originally Posted by FD1971
Ok, I bite...

Let me guess:

No upgrade at all and a room in the old building. FD told you no upgrades available, despite other information on spg.com. You did not get a table at breakfast and the airline crews consumed all the free coffee in the lobby?
Not at all, it is Ambiente season so I was not expect any upgrade.
And I did not even have to time to have breakfast there

Last edited by gamersonia; Feb 18, 2014 at 2:27 am
Old Feb 18, 2014, 3:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by gamersonia
Not at all, it is Ambiente season so I was not expect any upgrade.
And I did not even have to time to have breakfast there
Don't you think it is easier to explain what happened instead of letting others guess why you will never ever return to the LM FRA?

The property has some issues, as explained in various threads about the property and all SPG properties in FRA, but still offers decent value on some dates as well as easy access to the main railway station.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 9:47 am

Long story

Originally Posted by FD1971
Don't you think it is easier to explain what happened instead of letting others guess why you will never ever return to the LM FRA?

The property has some issues, as explained in various threads about the property and all SPG properties in FRA, but still offers decent value on some dates as well as easy access to the main railway station.
Sorry it is my fault not to tell the whole story.
First of all we are party of 3 staying in early Feb, so I booked in early Oct due to I know it is a hot season, the rate is cancel policy of the rate is 7 day before arrival will not have any penalty.
BTW I always book through SPG.com because I have a lot of reservations and it is much easier for me to arrange by always checking on it. I break the reservation into 2, 1 for 1 ppl and the other for 2 ppl.
First come in Nov, I found in my credit card bill that the hotel has already charged me, which I found it strange but sometime I saw on this forum that it happens. So I emailed for doublecheck, they replied it was their mistakes so they will give me a refund.
I am OK with that, and they also ask me the guest name so I gave them as well.
Somehow in late Dec I found on SPG.com that I only got 1 reservation on my SPG.com but I had trouble finding my e-mail history for the reservation, so I thought oh my god I lost 1 room for 1 person so I have to book(rate is a bit higher then I memorized) which is a stupid move I admit.
The day we arrived, because we are traveling for 2 weeks, the luggage were 3 huge suitcases, and no one offered their help in front of the entry and not even when we entered the gate, which I thought OK it may due to the fair season.
When I checked in, the front desk lady said there are 2 reservations under my name, which is correct because I saw on SPG.com I got 2 reservations.
We were supposed to stayed 3 nights then heading Nurnberg for business meeting, but the company in Nurnberg asked us if we can head there a day earlier because we can meet other potential clients as well.
I knew it is a prepaid rate and may not get refund, so I asked the front desk lady that I had a emergency issue that may need check out 1 day earlier but my rate is prepaid, is there going to be any problem or charges or penalty or no-refund by doing so. The lady said "no problem, they understand".
So I went to the HBF to buy train tickets and booked fully prepaid non-cancelable rate for LM Nurnberg.
Then I return to the hotel notify them that we are leaving a day earlier, the lady said it is prepaid and we can only get 10% back.
I was in shock and said I just talked to the lady here she said it is OK, the staff said she thought I was talking about luggage (and why will I ask this...?)
Then I told them about the conversation we had, and ask if she can call to LM Nurnberg about cancel the booking I made, and I will handle the train ticket refund penalty myself. The lady helped and thank god they said OK.

The next day I received the e-mail that a reservation was no-show which BTW the name is the same name with the credit card guarantee when we checked in. I replied them, this guy checked in with me last night so he was no no-show.
When I returned to the hotel after the fair, I showed them the reservation show on my spg.com page that only 2 reservations were here and they wrote down the reservation number and said no problem they understand.
So we checked out after 3 nights and head to Nurnberg staying for 2 nights and then went back to Frankfurt staying Westin.
I received e-mail that I got 3 reservation under my name so they will charge me 3 full nights with 10% back to my credit card.
So I asked them why they did not tell me earlier, that I will not save that 10% and we 3 people can each have 1 room (if there is 3 reservations), and they replied me that they asked me but I said we already got rooms.
I also asked why this reservation did not appear on my page, they said because the guest name is not me. (I guessed because they ask me about the guest name in the email and they changed it in the system so it will not show in my page?)
I can accept that you tell me that I got 3 reservations when I thought it was 2 when I was there and not after, and not telling me that you did ask me which was not true at all.
I can pay the stupid move I have done which is making the 3rd reservations without fully checked my e-mail but if they just tell me the day on no-show that I have 3 reservations, that I will definitely stayed in 3 rooms ( I have to say I do not want to save the 10% at all)

Hope above points help
Old Mar 28, 2014, 4:59 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., AA Exec PLT, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Plat., IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Discoverist
Great Stay at Merdien Frankfurt

I just finished a stay at the Meridien Frankfurt. Although on a SPGHotsecsape rate of just 118 Euros/night I got an upgrade to a Junior Suite in the Palais section, a full buffet breakfast as my Platinum amenity and I had a great stay in a wonderful Location with great service throughout. Can't complain at all...
Old Jan 3, 2015, 3:57 pm

Stayed here for two nights Dec. 29-31...

First off this shouldn't be branded as a Le Meridien hotel. It doesn't have the sophistication or chic factor one expects in a LM hotel. This property is more Sheraton.

The staff are very nice but the hotel is old and is in need of a renovation and updating. There was no door attendant upon my arrival (12pm) I did receive an upgrade to Executive room. The room itself was small very dated furniture with no in-room coffee maker. The view was non-existent as my room looked down on a variety store and a wig shop.

The elevators are tiny, two people barely fit, never-mind if you have luggage. I decided to use the stairs as it was quicker. The landing of the stairs on the ground floor was very dusty and wasn't cleaned by the time I checked out.

The location is good if you are arriving or departing using the train as the main station is literally across the street. Other than that the area has nothing to offer unless you enjoy surrounding yourself with tacky dollar stores, lottery shops, falafel stands with questionable hygiene standards. The area is not safe especially at night, lots of people hanging about offering the sale of hash.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by ThomRein
I just finished a stay at the Meridien Frankfurt. Although on a SPGHotsecsape rate of just 118 Euros/night I got an upgrade to a Junior Suite in the Palais section, a full buffet breakfast as my Platinum amenity and I had a great stay in a wonderful Location with great service throughout. Can't complain at all...
Had similar situation as you the one and only time I stayed there in 2013.

Walkable from Hbf as well.
Old May 12, 2015, 3:19 pm

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Sold...

http://www.tophotel.de/news/5301-le-...-verkauft.html

only in german
Old Mar 1, 2016, 2:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Stayed last weekend. Reasonable rate but no upgrade despite superior, deluxe and junior suites being available. Got a tiny room in the modern side with an even tinier bathroom. Arrived tired so couldn't be bothered having a fight with reception. No other Platinum amenity and no bottled water in the room. Mentioned the lack of water at checkout and she just said "you could use the minibar." Filled out long post-stay survey with low scores, received no response.

In conclusion, a convenient hotel that I would use again but which absolutely does not care about SPG.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 9:49 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Just got a rate of 81 euros (flexible). It is amazing how cheap it is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.