Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt, Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt, Germany [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2007, 8:41 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, UA/AA Commoner
Updating this thread: I called and spoke with a representative and found that 2 single bed rooms were available as well as 1 queen bed rooms, BUT 2 guests cannot go into a queen bed room for some reason. Anyone have an idea? William, can you help me out?
Old Oct 22, 2007, 11:46 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by joeyvegaz
Updating this thread: I called and spoke with a representative and found that 2 single bed rooms were available as well as 1 queen bed rooms, BUT 2 guests cannot go into a queen bed room for some reason. Anyone have an idea? William, can you help me out?
Not on the occupancy issue. There isn't a queen-bedded room in the entire hotel that will allow more than one person to stay in the queen-bedded rooms.

If you need to have double occupancy, I would suggest booking 2 singles for 10,000 Starpoints or the deluxe king for 11,000 Starpoints. Or, picking another property altogether.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Oct 22, 2007, 12:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Not on the occupancy issue. There isn't a queen-bedded room in the entire hotel that will allow more than one person to stay in the queen-bedded rooms.

If you need to have double occupancy, I would suggest booking 2 singles for 10,000 Starpoints or the deluxe king for 11,000 Starpoints. Or, picking another property altogether.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
I found this anomaly when booking recently also. The rates came up quite differently for the a Queen as compared to King, when I put inserted two stayers on spg.com. booked for two lodgers and the confirmation ended up showing a King.

Will be there nights of 11/18-19 and possibly again on 11/25 If the Westin is unable to give me a room suitable for two.

mike
Old Nov 20, 2007, 12:38 pm

Programs: BA Silver, FB Silver, EB Silver, RR Silver.
Le Meridien Frankfurt

Hello! Im looking at booking LM FRA but i couldnt find a room description on which i want to stay at..
Im looking on an Executive Suite for 1 person max(?!). whats the room like?
Thanks!

PS: I think its not an Executive Suite since for the price i found and only has a capacity for 1 person max. will they honor it if i book the rate??

Last edited by thesimflyer; Nov 20, 2007 at 12:45 pm
Old Dec 5, 2007, 10:45 am

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Similar question: anyone have recent experiences with this property??

Am trying to decide on an SPG prop for a few upcoming stays in Frankfurt.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 11:10 am

Programs: BA/A3 Gold/SPG Plat
it may provide some useful info of following link

Just take a look before you check-in!
Old Dec 5, 2007, 11:14 am
dc3

Originally Posted by thesimflyer
Hello! Im looking at booking LM FRA but i couldnt find a room description on which i want to stay at..
Im looking on an Executive Suite for 1 person max(?!). whats the room like?
Thanks!

PS: I think its not an Executive Suite since for the price i found and only has a capacity for 1 person max. will they honor it if i book the rate??
I stayed there last month. Nice room on the 6th floor (new wing) at the far end. Very large with new Plasma TV. Could almost have put another king bed in the room! Have stayed here a few times and found the hotel very good, VERY close to the train station. Excellent breakfast (bot not free).
Old Dec 5, 2007, 5:42 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LifetimeTitanium, UA Plat 2MM, LHW LeadersClub, IHGPlat, HiltonDiamnd, ASMVPG100K, WyndDiamnd
I was there last month. Got a very nice room in the old wing. It may have been considered a Junior Suite, but was not very large. Nice furnishings. Very helpful and friendly staff.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Agreed. Plat on a stay back in November. Nice enough room, likely not a suite, certainly no view. Friendly staff. Nice, quiet bar that was just what I needed on a short trip.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
My room looked nothing like those pix...I was in the old wing. The room was certainly more European than these pix show.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 11:37 pm

Programs: Marriott -Lifetime Platinum. A3 Gold (ex-Aeroplan-E50), Skymiles Gold, Hertz Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by skye1
Similar question: anyone have recent experiences with this property??

Am trying to decide on an SPG prop for a few upcoming stays in Frankfurt.
I stayed there a few times last year as a plat. Nice upgrade almost every time, and very efficient staff. If you're in FRA more than once, I'd recommend you try the Westin at least once - it's a much nicer hotel. IMHO.
Old Dec 7, 2007, 4:35 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Originally Posted by sam33
I stayed there a few times last year as a plat. Nice upgrade almost every time, and very efficient staff. If you're in FRA more than once, I'd recommend you try the Westin at least once - it's a much nicer hotel. IMHO.
Was there a few months ago. It is a decent property but nothing to write home about. A bit off the beaten track but close to the Railway Station. Resturant was a bit sad but OK. I also got a suite upgrade (Jr only) but it was nice but with a view of the back.
Old Dec 7, 2007, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by sam33
I've stayed at both -- OK, the Westin last year when it was still an Arabella Sheraton, and the Meridien this year -- and you neglected to mention that the Westin is MUCH more expensive. @:-)

So on the "value for money" front, the Meridien is a better deal.

I avoided their room service or restaurant for breakfast, though; the prices were pretty scary. Instead, for a quick breakfast bite I just walked 5 minutes to the train station, where there are plenty of good-quality and reasonably-priced options for coffee and croissant, fresh-squeezed juice, etc.

My room at Le Meridien was small but nicely decorated and overlooked the little park (Wiesenhuettenplatz). I was on a "three nights for the price of two" deal for a total price of approx. $315 US for the three nights (i.e., $105/night).
Old Jan 20, 2008, 11:02 am

Currenty: where do they have internet connection ( besides Savoy next door) and any cost?
Old May 4, 2008, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by best
Currenty: where do they have internet connection ( besides Savoy next door) and any cost?
Funny that all the other starwoods use T-Mobile ineternet connections, but LM uses InterTouch.

They want Euro 10 for 2 hours or Euro 21 for 24 hours.

T-Mobile charges Euro 29 for a MONTH! So why the inconsistency?

Am at LM Frankfurt now... and the first time ever, they wanted to see my AAA card which I did not bring with me. Front desk seems miffed but I told them that I will scan a copy of my card when I get home next week and send it to them. They said otherwise they will have to charge me the full rate!

Really now, who carries their AAA card around europe? In all my travels last week in Canada and no body asked to see the card (in my case, its the BCAA card) and in Frankfurt they want to see it?

As a Gold, I got a small single room in the old wing. In all my experiences as a Gold, (3 more stays to Plat), at this hotel is the only time I have not been upgraded in any way.

Hotel is nice... but maybe its the 'Frankfurt' set and attitude.... very aloof. But if not for a mattress run, I will be avoiding this hotel next time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.