Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt, Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt, Germany [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2008, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Funny that all the other starwoods use T-Mobile ineternet connections, but LM uses InterTouch.

They want Euro 10 for 2 hours or Euro 21 for 24 hours.

T-Mobile charges Euro 29 for a MONTH! So why the inconsistency?

Am at LM Frankfurt now... and the first time ever, they wanted to see my AAA card which I did not bring with me. Front desk seems miffed but I told them that I will scan a copy of my card when I get home next week and send it to them. They said otherwise they will have to charge me the full rate!

Really now, who carries their AAA card around europe? In all my travels last week in Canada and no body asked to see the card (in my case, its the BCAA card) and in Frankfurt they want to see it?

As a Gold, I got a small single room in the old wing. In all my experiences as a Gold, (3 more stays to Plat), at this hotel is the only time I have not been upgraded in any way.

Hotel is nice... but maybe its the 'Frankfurt' set and attitude.... very aloof. But if not for a mattress run, I will be avoiding this hotel next time.
agreed on food, internet and stuff being pricey, but hey, i get an upgrade at the LM every time...the "vienna" room, or a nice suite in the old wing....and above all, these folks do smile. I do like the place for its people, location and good rates. no comparison to the sheraton airport hotel (prohibitively expensive), the sheraton congress (in the middle of nowhere) or that shop in offenbach. havent tried the westing ever since it renamed but the old arabella grand was a not good.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 7:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Decided to try out the LeMeridien Parkhotel in FRA instead of the boring old Sheraton at the airport last week before a flight back to the US. Others have commented on the location not being the best but I really didn't mind the area near the main train station. Some true "uptight" people might not like the seedier/grittier feel that the surrounding area has. Overall the hotel was very nice and the service was as expected. The room decor has a modern feel but the size was very small. I had a room in the new wing on the SPG floor. Room service was delivered quickly and the food was actually quite tasty. Overall I would definitely stay here again in the future if my flight to the US wasn't too early in the morning. The price for my stay was approx. 30 Euros cheaper at the LeM than if I had booked at the Sheraton at the airport.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 5:36 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Any more experiences about this property? Do they offer good plat upgrades?

Am staying here coming Monday, will report back with a small review
Old Jun 16, 2009, 6:04 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
Originally Posted by thomas199023
Any more experiences about this property? Do they offer good plat upgrades?

Am staying here coming Monday, will report back with a small review
Normally they upgrade me to a two-room suite or to an executive room (without asking). They also supplied complementary water and some additional (= additional to the choice of platinum gift during check-in as I always choose points) welcome gift (small fruits/sweets plate).
Old Jun 16, 2009, 6:25 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by LH738
Normally they upgrade me to a two-room suite or to an executive room (without asking). They also supplied complementary water and some additional (= additional to the choice of platinum gift during check-in as I always choose points) welcome gift (small fruits/sweets plate).
Hmm sounds good^ Thanks for the info!
Old Jul 8, 2009, 6:16 am

Programs: CX Gold, BA Blue, AC Elite, VS Red, MR Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold
I'm staying at Le Meridien Parkhotel FRA this week for the first time - got a smallish room right next to the elevator in the Palais wing (the old wing) Everything was nicely decorated though. Bathroom is a tad bit small, and the "shower area" even smaller. Wired internet did not work (something wrong with the in-wall socket, I even tried with my own ethernet cable) so have to rely on wireless which can be on and off (poor reception in my room).

Have stayed in both the Marriott and the Maritim in FRA as well - definitely prefer the Marriott more in this case. The real upside of Le Meridien over these other two is the location to where everything happens in the city.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 6:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by midnitie
I'm staying at Le Meridien Parkhotel FRA this week for the first time - got a smallish room right next to the elevator in the Palais wing (the old wing)
Did you ask to be moved? I hate rooms by the elevator and I have it in my profile with all the hotel chains that I do not want to be near the elevator or the ice machine. Unless the hotel is pretty full I would assume they would move you without issue. FYI...rooms in the modern/newer wing are also not very large but I quite like them.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 7:33 am

Stayed here a few weeks ago, was upgraded to a jr. suite. At check in the manager came out and welcomed me to the hotel personally. Also if you have the time try the "Box of chicken" in the bar, it's great!^

Originally Posted by LH738
Got the additional gift as well, along with a letter from the GM thanking me for my stay.

Just got a e-mail from the Guest relations manager thanking me for my kind words I wrote in the feedback survey. What a great property!

Last edited by thomas199023; Jul 8, 2009 at 8:42 am
Old Jul 8, 2009, 9:02 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I'll be staying at the Sheraton Airport (Hotel, Towers & Conference Center) for a conference I'm speaking at next week. I was wondering if anyone thought it would be worth the hassle to split my third night (after the conference) over to the Le Meridien? The split would serve the dual purpose of more easily letting me see a little more of Frankfurt on my day off as well as getting me to a Free Weekend Night. Any comments on the ease of getting back to the Airport on a Saturday morning for a 9:45am flight back to the US?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 8, 2009, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
About ten minutes by train and three minutes walk from the station to the hotel. No big problem.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 11:27 am

When exiting the central train station head to your right and look for the Savoy hotel and the Meridien is right next to it. if you don't know where to look it's quite difficult to find though its only 3 minutes form the train station.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 1:11 am

Programs: CX Gold, BA Blue, AC Elite, VS Red, MR Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by christianj
Did you ask to be moved? I hate rooms by the elevator and I have it in my profile with all the hotel chains that I do not want to be near the elevator or the ice machine. Unless the hotel is pretty full I would assume they would move you without issue. FYI...rooms in the modern/newer wing are also not very large but I quite like them.
Just to follow-up on my stay - upon returning to my room last night after work, I found a letter addressed to me from the guest relations manager of the hotel. She mentioned that she had received my feedback on FT (um, till now I still haven't figured out how they made the connection between my pseudonym here and my real name/room number at their hotel), and that they were happy to move my room away from the elevator - or alternatively offer a room in the "business wing" (the newer wing) for 20EUR/night more. If it's as people say that the business wing is not that much bigger, I guess I shouldn't bother unless they offer it to me for free.

My main point though is that I am surprisingly pleased with the way they've handled this manner, but please somebody tell me how they figured out it was me?! Now I might give this hotel another go next week when I'm in town again (been here for multiple weeks on a big project and can't see this ending any time soon).
Old Jul 9, 2009, 5:30 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
I'll be staying at the Sheraton Airport (Hotel, Towers & Conference Center) for a conference I'm speaking at next week. I was wondering if anyone thought it would be worth the hassle to split my third night (after the conference) over to the Le Meridien? The split would serve the dual purpose of more easily letting me see a little more of Frankfurt on my day off as well as getting me to a Free Weekend Night. Any comments on the ease of getting back to the Airport on a Saturday morning for a 9:45am flight back to the US?

Thanks in advance!
I'd do it. Follow the directions fo the post right under yours; piece of cake. It is still kind of tough to find even though it is only like two blocks from the train station. Do yourself a favor and use Google Earth or something similar to get a visual on the location of the hotel and you'll be fine.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 7:40 am

for directions look here: Maps

The Meridien Parkhotel is "A"
Old Jul 9, 2009, 10:07 am

Programs: AA EXPlt, SPG Plt, Nat EE
I find it interesting that everyone seems to like this hotel so much. I've stayed there 4 years in a row. The first 2 were nice, great upgrade (although it was to the old wing), friendly staff, etc.

The last 2 years, however, I was very disappointed. No upgrade, just a room in the new wing. Last year (2008) I was not even given a room with the bed type I requested. I also found the concierge staff to be lazy, not very informed about the city and unfriendly.

This year, the stay was similar although the bed type was correct. I ended up staying one night here and two nights at the Westin (which was actually cheaper).

BTW- I find it creepy when a hotel reads what's written on here and tracks you down. To me, it's a complete invasion of privacy. Why not simply send a PM on here inviting the guest to contact you to resolve the issue instead of lurking and sliding notes under a door?
While I agree the location is great, I'm not planning on staying here again unless the hotel is significantly less than the Westin. I'd rather take the extra 15 minute ride to the Messe grounds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.