Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt, Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt, Germany [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2009, 10:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by BigBopper
unless the hotel is significantly less than the Westin.
Like I said, I quite like the hotel and it usually is significantly less than either the Westin or the Sheraton FRA. (for a stay I am looking at possibly booking for the end of the month there is a Euro 45 difference between the LeM and Westin) The room size doesn't really bother me that much because when I'm in the city I tend not to spend too much time in my room. Plus I usually only stay for one night too. Longer stays might be another thing.

Last edited by christianj; Jul 9, 2009 at 10:22 am
Old Jul 9, 2009, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
The LeMeridien Parkhotel is my favourite hotel in FRA. Close to the station and I always get a nice room in the old wing, usually the Junior Suite facing the playground of the local school. (IIRC room 301 or 304). Perfect for me.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 8:40 am

Programs: CX Gold, BA Blue, AC Elite, VS Red, MR Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold
If I could be so lucky to get a suite upgrade! I'm staying here this week (yes again), and after my little incident last week they have added a note in my profile not to put me next to the elevators (thank you). However.. what's the "preferred" room in this hotel? I'm a corporate preferred member and if I'm correct, I should be upgraded to a "preferred" room. Now let's read the conditions..

An enhanced room includes rooms on higher floors, corner rooms, newly renovated rooms, or rooms with preferred views.
Definitely not on a higher floor, nor a corner room. I'm stuck in the old wing (not that I mind really) and the view is nothing much to speak of (but then face it, it's Frankfurt). I was really hoping they would be nice and put me in a slightly bigger room. Okay I know that my corporate rate doesn't pay a lot but the fact that I've already spent 50+ nights in this city, this has got to be the smallest room I've been in..

At least they let me check in around noon today..
Old Aug 12, 2009, 9:18 pm

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
Originally Posted by midnitie
Just to follow-up on my stay - upon returning to my room last night after work, I found a letter addressed to me from the guest relations manager of the hotel. She mentioned that she had received my feedback on FT (um, till now I still haven't figured out how they made the connection between my pseudonym here and my real name/room number at their hotel), and that they were happy to move my room away from the elevator - or alternatively offer a room in the "business wing" (the newer wing) for 20EUR/night more. If it's as people say that the business wing is not that much bigger, I guess I shouldn't bother unless they offer it to me for free.
I would feel the same way. 20 Euro extra is too much.

I'm considering to stay here in SEP. Do they offer complimentary breakfast for Plat members?
Old Aug 12, 2009, 11:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kats
I would feel the same way. 20 Euro extra is too much.

I'm considering to stay here in SEP. Do they offer complimentary breakfast for Plat members?
I have stayed there several times over the last year and they definitely do not provide platinum guests with a complimentary breakfast, or much of anything else "extra." This seems to be the unfortunate standard for Starwood properties in Europe that do not have a lounge -- all one gets is a room and not much else.

However, there is a small table set up in the lobby with a sign that says, "Coffee Break, Only for United Crew Members." It contains some tea, coffee and a half dozen croissants so I suppose if no one is looking...

Over my last few stays, the rooms I have been given were OK, not too bad but nothing special either. The main advantage of this specific property to me was its very close proximity to the hauptbahnhof.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 6:01 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I've also heard rumor of there being coffee and breakfast breads setup right outside the elevator up on the floor with their meeting rooms. It may be just a rumor though.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 11:43 am

Programs: SPG Plat , AAdvantage Plat
Business or Historic wing ?

First time in Frankfurt and I have to make a reservation for 2 days in October.
I would like to have an advise regarding which wing (Business or Historic) is better . I'll be traveling alone.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards.
Carlos.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by charly
I would like to have an advise regarding which wing (Business or Historic) is better .
I just returned from another trip to FRA and this hotel. The decision on which part is better really depends on what you like. Do you like more modern decor or do you like more historic hotels? I personally like the rooms in the modern wing but some people tend to complain that the decor is Ikea like and the rooms are small. It really all comes down to personal preferences on decor because the views (there really aren't any) and everthing else is pretty much the same between the two.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
I was there some time ago, but there were real differences. For one, the modern wing had no real suites -- what they called a suite was just a big open room with a bed on one side, a sofa on the other, and a swivel tv in the middle. The traditional wing had no internet in the rooms, but it was possible to pick up wireless from other nearby hotels and cafés. I suppose the situation may have changed in the meantime.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by ajnaro
For one, the modern wing had no real suites -- what they called a suite was just a big open room with a bed on one side, a sofa on the other, and a swivel tv in the middle.
True! Those are called Deluxe or Superior rooms and that is usually what I get as a Plat. upgrade. Some have the swivel tvs and some have two tvs back to back on a wall. IMHO most other hotels would indeed call those suites or at least Junior suites. I think they are actually larger than most Junior Suites I have had which typically only have a small sitting area in the corner of a large room.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 1:42 pm

Programs: OZ LT D+, UA 1K, AS MVPG AF Gold, SPG Platinum (8 years), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
I just back from trip to Frnkfurt. I booked with starpick rate 99euro/night, and ,as a plat, got upgrade to a executive room (kind of suite, corner room, 214) in historical wing. It looks bit old, but reasonably OK. As someone said, there is no wired internet, only wireless (30min/5euro, 2hours/10euro, 12hours/21euro, no overnight internet). Staff were much kinder than Westin Frankfurt, but spa facility including steam sauna was bit dated, and no pool. And, definitely no breakfast benefit!
Old Sep 18, 2009, 8:43 am

Programs: SPG Plat , AAdvantage Plat
Thank you all for the update . Now , I have a better idea about what to expect. As the historic wing seems to be well maintained , I think I will go there.
Thank you .
Carlos.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 8:01 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Any recent experiences here?
Old Aug 4, 2010, 8:41 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by EWRFlyerAL
I was supposed to stay here last Saturday night, but couldn't make it when my LH flight from FLR-FRA canceled and I was rebooked for the next day.

Just wanted to give the property credit for agreeing to cancel my reservation (via Platinum Concierge) even though it was well past the cancellation deadline, once I told them that I couldn't make it due to a mechanical cancellation of my flight.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by EWRFlyerAL
Everything I read here is still very much correct.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.