FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt, Germany [Master Thread]
Old May 31, 2017, 2:45 am
enelym1978

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Great stay for very decent rate

Introduction This was my first visit to Frankfurt. Wanted to discover the place during the long weekend. Found a few properties I wanted to try out: LM, Roomers and Pure. Ended up booking LM for the rate mainly. Location The hotel is almost located opposite the main station so you can easily walk there from the station. As mentioned several times before, these areas near the stations in Europe are not always the nicest and most glamourous places but it's not dangerous or seedy. It's animated yes, colourful let's call it. With lots Oriental, Asian, Middle-Eastern restaurants supermarkets and restaurants/eateries. You won't run out of options. I really don't see this area as dangerous or "to be avoided if with kids".... then again we all have different perceptions of things.The hotel is split in two sides. One side is in the more historical building with a red facade and then to its right, you have a more modern grey part. Check the pictures to get an idea. From reading the different reviews, I suspect the rooms in the older building might be smaller? Check In Arrived at around 2PM, I made a note in my reservation to say that I would arrive a bit earlier than normal check-in time. The room was ready and I was upgraded from a Superior Room to an Executive Room in the new wing. There's a concierge/porter who greets you as you walk in and then you're taken care of by the lovely front desk staff. It was painless, quick and easy. And yes, there is music playing as in most LM properties and the brand scent is very present. Might be a bit too agressive for some. Room As said earlier, I did get upgraded into an Executive Room in the new wing. The rate paid for the initial room was quite cheap, EUR 109 including breakfast for 2. My room was on the top floor, 8th floor, right next to the elevators. It was a big room with a sitting area separated from the sleeping area by a flat screen TV mounted on a stand that you can rotate so you can watch TV from the sofa or the bed. There's a desk with a few plugs available and suficient plugs as well on each side of the bed. The room looked like it was renovated recently. General look and feel was good, airy and bright with windows running all along the entire room. Good point is that you can open the windows (safety issues here with kids though, even if the windows are quite high up).You can see on the floor plan that some rooms are tiny.... (854, 852 or 864 for example). Probably the Superior Rooms (lowest cat)?The view from the room is quite open, on the little square and some of Frankfurt's skyline. Bathroom The bathroom looks old though, compared to the rest of the room... .Or it's just the colour and the choice of materials. Anyway, nothing to really talk or rave about here haha. Dining As my rate included breakfast, I headed there the next morning. The area is quite big but in an odd shape. Makes it difficult for the waiters to have a good overall view of the entire dining/breakfast area.... Good selection of hot and cold food, nothing crazy. Coffees and teas are self-service from the machine. It was empty when I had my breakfast. Overall Anyway, good hotel, too bad I didn't get to experience the basic room (I rarely book higher cat rooms, always hoping for upgrades haha). But next time, i want to try the Roomers (Design Hotel) as I've heard a lot about it from some local people.Rates are very decent, they go down to EUR 85-90 a night. I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express not far from there and paid EUR 100 that same weekend.... no hesitation there, except I was on an IHG mattress run mission.