Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott celebrity sightings...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2011, 4:15 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
I just realized I had a contribution to make to this thread...

I was at the Marriott Château Champlain last January, and the place was full of ducks. The Anaheim Ducks, that is
Old Sep 1, 2011, 5:04 pm

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Platinum Premier, AA - CK
Never knew this thread existed, as I am fairly new to FT...

At any rate, back in 2008 (long time ago, I know), Hillary Clinton was in the room next to mine at the Renaissance Casa de Palmas. I'm not a fan, but figured a contribution would be an easy way to get me subscribed to the topic!
Old Sep 2, 2011, 1:45 am

Was just in the JW LA Marriott Live. Had some sort of music award thing going on. Celebs everywhere. Was a real PIA
Old Sep 2, 2011, 5:51 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Plat
Nice thread! Hadn't seen it but lurked at the one in AA frequently. Never thought of celebs staying at Marriott's although it makes sense for some of the high end hotels. I'll keep my eye open and post if anything notesworthy comes up.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 8:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
How weird... I just searched for a Celebrity thread, and found it had been updated today.

For the Brits.... In the last few weeks, I've seen the following at the Regents Park Marriott :-

England Cricket team - three times (close to Lords)
Liam Gallagher - in the lobby. I think he lives close to the hotel.
Jimmy Carr - in the bar tonight.

Cheers,
Rick
Maybe I should switch from Grosvenor House to Regents Park in the future

Cheers.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 11:25 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
About 7 years ago I saw Dionne Warwick in the lobby of the Marriott Chateau Champlain in Montreal. She was standing all by herself. I asked her for an autograph. She smiled, and said, "Sure. who should I make it out to"? I replied, "You're the psychic, you ought to know my name"! She looked at me very strangely, but still signed her name on a piece of paper. true story

She's a nice lady, but she'll never recover in my book from the damage she did to her reputation from the Psychic Friends Network scam...

Newman
Old Sep 2, 2011, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
I saw Chris Carpenter of the St. Louis Cardinals in Baltimore at the Ren Harborplace back in June. I stayed there knowing that it was the team hotel - was in town to support my Redbirds!
Old Sep 13, 2011, 2:15 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
England One Day cricket team were at the Regents Park Marriott this past weekend.

I spotted the hotel itself in an early episode of Minder that was shown again recently. If you need to know, IMDB is your friend. Also, I didn't realise the hotel used to be a Holiday Inn, which it was in that particular episode.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 3:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Hertz Gold / Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Plat / Marriott Gold / IC RA / SPG Plat
Originally Posted by nobbyclark
England One Day cricket team were at the Regents Park Marriott this past weekend.

I spotted the hotel itself in an early episode of Minder that was shown again recently. If you need to know, IMDB is your friend. Also, I didn't realise the hotel used to be a Holiday Inn, which it was in that particular episode.
what episode was that? got all the series so would be funny to see the regents park Marriott as a HI
Old Sep 13, 2011, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by Goonerfish
what episode was that? got all the series so would be funny to see the regents park Marriott as a HI
Honestly can't remember. Can't even remember who any of the guest stars were to help narrow it down. If you've got the time, minder.org has an online gallery of locations from most of the series.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 3:42 am

Hull City football team at the Marriott Meon Valley this week. Yep, a bottom of the barrel sighting.

Also, continuing the Marriotts on TV slant, I spotted one of the Paris Marriotts in an old episode of Top Gear that was shown on Dave last night. The presenters struggled to get their supercars out of the underground car park.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 4:54 am

Programs: Marriot Plat, VFC Silver
Another one for the London Regents Park - Alice Cooper (quite appropriately, around Halloween!)

I believe he was doing his halloween shows in London that week, but was still a surprise to see him (without make-up I hasten to add) looking a bit grumpy at 07:00.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 6:07 am

Programs: Delta PM (1 MM), United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium (Ambassador 2020-24), National Executive
Don't tell anyone, but the Ren Raleigh North Hills is the official hotel of the NHL. They hosted the players and their families for the NHL All Star game earlier this year, and practically every time I stay at the property during hockey season there's a visiting team in town for a game. Hotel employees do their best to give the players their privacy, but autograph hounds continue to stake out the front entrance.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 10:04 am

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Diamond; CCarlson Elite
Canadian Governor General **AND** the Malaysian royal family in the JW in Kuala Lumpur 3 weeks ago. They had two of the 6 elevators reserved just for them, which screwed the rest of us and really pissed a lit of people off....
Old Dec 1, 2011, 5:01 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
In England we have a lot of weekend soccer games, with 4 leagues there are over 40 professional games most Saturdays in a country no bigger than Florida. In many towns and cities across England the Marriotts are the best local hotel. Hence on my travels I would say I've come across most teams in the Premier League, and many more from the lesser leagues. The top hotel for Premier League spotting was undoubtably Portsmouth Marriott, alas Pompeys recent woes mean its no longer in the top flight...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.