Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott celebrity sightings...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2008, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ann Curry, presumably in town to interview Ingrid Betancourt, at the Executive Lounge at the Paris Marriott Rive Gauche on 9 July.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MR Plat, PC Plat, SPG Gold
K.C. Royals

The K.C. Royals are staying at the Minneapolis City Center tonight.

ZakkW
Old Sep 8, 2008, 11:43 pm

Programs: UAL- 1k, Marriot Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Plat.Hilton Gold VIP
Saw the WWE/ WCW at the Denver Airport Marriott. Took a leak next to Ric Flair! Told my friends and they all wanted to know if it was true if steroids really take a toll on thefamily jewels.
I don't go that way!
Old Sep 18, 2008, 9:40 pm

Programs: NW Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Most of the visiting MLB teams that come to Cleveland to play the Indians stay at the Marriott Key Center downtown...I've seen a few teams in there while I've been staying there weekly for the last few months.

Last week, the Minnesota Twins were in town, and I got Joe Mauer and Justin Morneau's autograph in the hallway near the ice machine What lovely, friendly young men they were, even after losing an 11 inning game in a pennant race!
Old Nov 3, 2008, 2:28 pm

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Mani, ex-Stone Roses, now of Primal Scream, staying at the Marriott Maida Vale in London.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA-LEP,United-1K Again!, USAIR-CHRMN, MW Plat Prem, SW-Gold, Hilton-Silver, Hertz-Platnium
Got Ya all Beat

I got you all beat ....

I stay at the Ren Hollywood every week. As I am checking out on Thursday morning, one of the managers comes running after me. Ms SipperGirl!!! We have someone we want you to meet!

I had the opportunity to meet and speak to Mr Marriott himself for about 3-4 minutes. He was making a quick stop in the area and wanted to see the hotel.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 5:44 pm

Programs: AA-LEP,United-1K Again!, USAIR-CHRMN, MW Plat Prem, SW-Gold, Hilton-Silver, Hertz-Platnium
Another

Burbank Marriott - The Grill

We sat about 3 feet away from Turtle from Entourage on HBO, his significant other, Jeremy Piven and a female. My kids wanted to jump up and say hi, but we made them wait until they (Turtle and Piven) where finished and leaving. This was right after the writer's strike was over. They said we should see new shows in October 08. Haven't seen anything new though! Both were very nice.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 5:54 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat,SW, Hertz #1 Gold, Amtrak SP, jetBlue, et al
Several years ago, when Jesse Ventura was the governor of Minnesota...he (and a large contingent of much-shorter-than-he-was 'bullet catchers' ) was at the JW Marriott in DC for the governors conference..

that guy is HUGE!!!!!!!

At the Ritz in Philly i saw all the skaters from Stars on Ice..most of them are vertically challanged...

and I guess it was after Season 2 of AMerican Idol (the Ruben studdard season) when I saw almost all the idols in the lobby at the albany marriott. Most of them were nice enough to stop for photos and autographs...

Oh...and at the Tampa Waterside, same thing...in 2007, the Jordin Sparks season...the security people from the tour wouldn't let anyone within 20 feet of her...she raced to the bus in tears..there were so many people in the lobby and she was only 17.......
Old Mar 11, 2009, 6:51 pm

[QUOTE=megtravels;11400016]
and I guess it was after Season 2 of AMerican Idol (the Ruben studdard season) when I saw almost all the idols in the lobby at the albany marriott. Most of them were nice enough to stop for photos and autographs...
QUOTE]

Meg, that's pretty cool. I stay in the Hollywood Ren every week. We didn't realize it until afterwards, but we had just gotten back from Turkey Day Vacation (Cancun JW) and I had to go straight to work, so the family stayed with me. Anyway, on our way out to dinner (you get out on the third floor I think to go to the H&H Center) we heard lots of singing. After watching Hollywood week, I instantly recognized the hotel and remembered the kids being there. I remember one conversation in the elevator "I am SOOO glad I didn't get stuck with her" ... I wonder who there were talking about. I then remembered seeing a Final 13 contestant in the hotel bar consuming ..... hmmmm.

Poor Jordan. That must have been overwhelming
Old Mar 11, 2009, 7:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Do multi-millionaires count? I find them more fascinating than some of the wannabe starlets I've been at hotels w/ folk who OWN sports teams etc, but I don't necessarily consider them celebs.

Cheers.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
This may be cheating because I think it was before The Stanford Court was acquired by Marriott/Renaissance, but I once rode in al elevator at that hotel with Alexander Haig, John Denver and his wife Annie, and Werner Erhard of est (a controversial self-improvement course that was big in the 1970s and early '80s).
Old Mar 12, 2009, 1:02 pm

Definitely they count! I'm not claiming mine because I was actually with the person (not what you think!!!) in the Marriott. I dated his brother for awhile, should have never let that one go!!
Old Mar 12, 2009, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Nice to see my thread get bumped No reason to let all the airline forums get all the celeb action. ^
Old Mar 13, 2009, 7:51 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Ok, seeing as it's been bumped...

Johnny "Think of a Number" Ball at the Maida Vale Marriott earlier this year.

http://www.johnnyball.co.uk/html/AboutJBpage.htm
Old May 15, 2009, 1:09 pm

Helen Hunt having breakfast at the next table at the Vinoy Ren in March.
Elie Wiesel in the hallway the same week - he was part of a conference at the hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.