Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott celebrity sightings...

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2013, 6:34 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Mitt Romney at the JW Marriott in DC yesterday
Old May 10, 2013, 6:40 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by Pretzelsandpeanuts
Mitt Romney at the JW Marriott in DC yesterday
To think, I thought he was banned from Washington DC for life by the GOP for the embarrassment that was his 2012 campaign. His rehabilitation has been surprising, he is fast becoming an elder statesman, or something like that.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Basketball giant (!) Yao Ming, now at the JWM Beijing.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 8:12 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Jayson Stark, ESPN talking head on baseball, at the Ritz Carlton in Aruba
Old Jan 27, 2016, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
Chris Paul (NBA player) at the JWM New Orleans last month.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 7:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Delta Gold, United Silver
Burt reynolds a few months back in Tampa , Marriott Waterside
Old Jan 29, 2016, 4:43 pm
Suspended

Did he valet the Camaro?
Old Mar 19, 2017, 5:02 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: SkyTeam Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium
VIP Staying at my Marriott!

I spent the weekend at the Beijing Northeast Marriott (March 17-19).

If you read the news, you might know that Rex Tillerson was in China during the same weekend.

Turns out him and his State Department people were also at the Marriott.

The hotel of course didn't send any type of notice beforehand that there would be a disruption.

The Chinese military was at the hotel and had that place locked down pretty tight.

The Marriott experience was still very much top notch, but it was a bit of an inconvenience getting into and out of the hotel.

I spent a lot of time in the lounge and there were a ton of State Dept. there as well as secret service coming in to eat dinner.

Overall a very interesting experience that I can say hasn't happened at my previous stays at hotels.

I thought I would share as it was pretty cool Tillerson would stay at the Marriott. - My daughter asked if I got a selfie with him. I wish! He never made an appearance in public in the hotel.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 11:07 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
OK, so dignitaries/VIPs/movie stars/professional sports players/etc exist by the thousands upon thousand - and they often stay in hotels. And you, FT handle, happened to have been there at the same time... So????
Old Mar 20, 2017, 6:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
OK, so dignitaries/VIPs/movie stars/professional sports players/etc exist by the thousands upon thousand - and they often stay in hotels. And you, FT handle, happened to have been there at the same time... So????
Handcake happened to be at a property when the US Secretary of State was there. He also reported what it was like w/ security. His post was totally appropriate for the celebrity sightings thread, which is why the mod moved Handcake's thread to this one. The CS thread has existed for years & has 4 pages of posts. The United forum has a similar thread.

Cheers.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 8:22 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
The BA version gets a new thread each year. Always interesting to see who is staying or flying with you, especially if they are 'famous'.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 12:57 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
The thread title is self-explanatory. Why open the thread, read it and post just to criticize?
Old Mar 20, 2017, 1:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by controller1
The thread title is self-explanatory. Why open the thread, read it and post just to criticize?
While I disagreed w/ his criticism & IMO thought it unnecessary, the post he was responding to was a new thread which the mod then merged into this one.

Cheers.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Handcake
I spent the weekend at the Beijing Northeast Marriott (March 17-19).

If you read the news, you might know that Rex Tillerson was in China during the same weekend.

Turns out him and his State Department people were also at the Marriott.

The hotel of course didn't send any type of notice beforehand that there would be a disruption.

The Chinese military was at the hotel and had that place locked down pretty tight.

The Marriott experience was still very much top notch, but it was a bit of an inconvenience getting into and out of the hotel.

I spent a lot of time in the lounge and there were a ton of State Dept. there as well as secret service coming in to eat dinner.

Overall a very interesting experience that I can say hasn't happened at my previous stays at hotels.

I thought I would share as it was pretty cool Tillerson would stay at the Marriott. - My daughter asked if I got a selfie with him. I wish! He never made an appearance in public in the hotel.
HAHAHA! He finally found someone in the State Department to make hotel reservations for him?! Or else he called his old assistant at ExxonMobile and had him/her begin making travel arrangements for him? LOL
Old Mar 20, 2017, 2:19 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
While I disagreed w/ his criticism & IMO thought it unnecessary, the post he was responding to was a new thread which the mod then merged into this one.

Cheers.
My statement stands. The previous thread's title was VIP Staying at my Marriott!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.