Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott celebrity sightings...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2007, 9:03 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Starwood Preferred Guest Plus, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by USirritated
Senator John Edwards at the San Antonio Marriott River Center, with his Secret Service detail, while he was the Democratic Vice Presidential Nominee in 2004

If I was staying at a Marriott (the San Francisco Marriott to be precise), and they gave me the Presidential Suite, does that make me a 15 minute celebrity of the Andy Warhol variety while I was staying there?
I got the Presidential Suite at the Ren Prague when I got married so I must be a Warhol-esque celeb too
Old Sep 27, 2007, 11:29 am

Programs: MR Gold, DCL Silver, RSSC Silver
Hulk Hogan et al. at a Minneapolis Marriott.

Lots of Sox players and executives at Starr Pass Resort.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
I forgot one...on many many occasions I've seen Mr. Hockey (Gordie Howe)...this was many many years after his retirement too so I dont know if he'd count as an Hockey Player or a non-professional Hockey Player
Old Jan 21, 2008, 10:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, UA 2P, Marriott LTPP
Nonetheless, for those interested, Ben Stein is staying tonight in the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown. I ran into him downstairs while he was checking in and again in the CL. He was very friendly. I didn't have the nerve to ask him to say "Bueller", as that may have soured his attitude a bit and resulted in some much-warranted eye rolling. He said he's speaking tomorrow at a convention or conference for Lincoln Financial, and he'll be leaving afterwards.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 11:49 am

We ran into Muhammad Ali after breakfast in the Louisville Marriott downtown last March. He was there because the Ali Center was replaying the Rumble in the Jungle fight. We had no idea he was in town, so I was a bit disbelieving when I got up from the table and my wife said "Here comes Muhammad Ali."
Old Jan 22, 2008, 2:21 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Lawerence Taylor at the San Juan Marriott -- we actually do look alike
Old Jan 22, 2008, 2:25 pm

Not exactly a celeb, but I saw Bill Marriott at the Paris Marriott Hotel Champs-Elysees a few years ago.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 10:12 pm

Programs: Marriott, United, Enterprise
Well. Alex Lifeson, the rest of RUSH and their crew used to spend a lot of nights at Ritz Carlton properties...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Li...aples_incident
Old Jan 23, 2008, 10:18 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum/2022 Titanium
A few pro teams stay at the Fremont, CA Marriott... last one I knew of was the Cleveland Browns when they were playing the Raiders.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 1:25 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, MR Plat Premier, Nat'l Exec Elite, Hilton Diamond
Tiger Woods at the JW in Shanghai in Nov '06.

Alan Alda & Angela Bissett or Bassett (Mrs Hazmike would know as she recognized her) at the Memphis Marriott.

I met Mr Marriott at the Loa Suenos Resort in Costa Rica years ago.

Mike Tyson at EWR A/P Marriott.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 4:34 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum,
Coach K (Mike Krzyzewski/Duke) SLC Marriott City Center a few years back. Houston Rockets were playing the Jazz.

Hey, it beats Mike Tyson
Old Jan 24, 2008, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA Gold & Marriott Gold
Eric Estrada this past weekend at the JW New Orleans. My wife said he still looks "hot"...
Old Feb 23, 2008, 12:08 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I don't know if this would be a celebrity sighting on not, but I just had dinner with the Estonia Ambassador. I'm staying at the Cairo Marriott (the one on the Nile.) The hotel restaurant was fairly crowded and she asked if she could sit down at my table. Very nice lady and a great start to my Cairo trip. ^
Old Feb 23, 2008, 9:27 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Yes, Bill Marriott does qualify as a celebrity on THIS THREAD!

How's this for specific.....Kauai Marriott Resort & Spa, February 1, 2008, 8 AM - Noon, Bill Marriott on property before moving next door where the Ritz Carlton Residences Kauai were being constructed. He runs on a very precise schedule!
Old Feb 23, 2008, 9:38 pm

Rode the elevator with Sammy Hagar (w/ wife, kids and nanny) at the Rihga Royal.

50 Cent (Fitty-sent) at the Ren Zurich (was on a European tour @ the time).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.