Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott celebrity sightings...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2009, 5:00 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
OMG!!!

Ren Stanford Court (SF) about 20 minutes ago....

Walking into the hotel through the motor court...

Grey Jeep almost runs me over, but that's okay (my fault, really)....

Behind the wheel was none other than...

Wait for it...

The Leg-en-dary, one and only, greatest human being alive....

NEIL PATRICK HARRIS!!!

Doogie Howser himself! Barney Stinson!! The guy who played NPH in both H&K movies better than anyone else could have played that part. The man who has more class in his little finger than I could ever hope to have in my entire being. (HUGE fan here.)

I'm only sorry he didn't actually hit me. Then I would have had his contact and insurance information!!!! The stalking possibilities would have been endless.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 6:20 am

This may be a regular occurance at the Marriott Champs Elysees, but yesterday while I was in the business centre on the lobby floor noticed two CIA types talking on wrist communication devices outside the door ... looked out and saw two more to the left and another two to the right ... 6 security guys that I could easily see and I'm assuming there were more.

No idea who was here, but they certainly weren't guarding me, although did give me 'the' lookover when I observed them.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 3:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Jose Mourinho was holding court in reception of Grosvenor House last night with various members of the Inter Milan team also coming and going.

In town for the Chelsea game tonight.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 8:36 pm
Suspended

Amy Grant - Renaissance Agoura Hills

Saw Amy Grant at the bar on March 3rd, she was wearing jeans and a sweatshirt. My friend took a picture of her from a distance and followed her into the elevator and was surprised she got off on the second floor (not the concierge level)
Old Mar 18, 2010, 12:00 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by imgonnafly
Saw Amy Grant at the bar on March 3rd, she was wearing jeans and a sweatshirt. My friend took a picture of her from a distance and followed her into the elevator and was surprised she got off on the second floor (not the concierge level)
Maybe she was either visiting a member of her crew or afraid of heights? You do realize that there are a lot of people out there who prefer low floors, right?
Old Mar 18, 2010, 9:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by USirritated
Maybe she was either visiting a member of her crew or afraid of heights? You do realize that there are a lot of people out there who prefer low floors, right?
That didn't occur to me - good point though. We were just so excited to see Amy Grant walk through our hotel.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 9:30 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Lifetime Marriott PP, IHG Rewards Plat, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite
I am pretty sure I saw the guy that played Larry from Three's Company (Richard Kline) get off the elevator at the Residence Inn in downtown Tampa a few weeks ago. He looked pretty good for his age but shorter (about 5'7") than I thought he would have been...
Old Mar 20, 2010, 8:10 am
AMA

Originally Posted by imgonnafly
Maybe she was avoiding your friend tailing/(stalking?) her and jumped off at floor 2, intending to take another elevator to the correct floor.

Oftentimes, people that travel a lot and are in the public eye can smell a groupy a mile away.

Not a particularly smart move by your 'friend'.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 2:34 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver Elite, AA Lifetime Plat 4.5M, DL Medallion Lifetime Silver, DL MillionMiler
Originally Posted by travelbls
Helen Hunt having breakfast at the next table at the Vinoy Ren in March.
Elie Wiesel in the hallway the same week - he was part of a conference at the hotel.
So where the heck is the Vinoy Renaissance? Sorry, I guess I don't get out much.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 3:02 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
The Renaissance Vinoy is located in St. Petersburg, Florida.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 8:46 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
Smile

Bumped into Elly Jackson from current UK pop-sensation La Roux in Marriott Copenhagen elevator. She looked fabulous and gave me a hug. Went to her concert that evening, which was absolutely amazing and he mentioned our meeting onstage.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 8:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Jesse Jackson stopped into the CL at the Ren LAX tonight. Only stayed briefly.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 9:20 pm

Programs: Delta Plat Kool-Aid Drinker, Hyatt Diamond, SPG GM, Marriott GM, Hilton GM, and Priority Club GM
Obama was at SF Downtown Marriott when I was there May 2010
Old Sep 1, 2011, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by MSPDeltaDude
Obama was at SF Downtown Marriott when I was there May 2010
That visit is again making the news around here, since that's when the pres went to visit a solar company in Fremont he once touted as a poster child for the green-tech sector, but yesterday shut its doors and laid everyone off.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 3:57 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

How weird... I just searched for a Celebrity thread, and found it had been updated today.

For the Brits.... In the last few weeks, I've seen the following at the Regents Park Marriott :-

England Cricket team - three times (close to Lords)
Liam Gallagher - in the lobby. I think he lives close to the hotel.
Jimmy Carr - in the bar tonight.

Cheers,
Rick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.