Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott celebrity sightings...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2007, 6:17 am

Programs: MR PremPlat, DL DM 1M, AA Plat, Avis First, Hertz PC
Say YoYo Ma lugging (what else!) his cello at Providence Marriott last year...
Old Sep 25, 2007, 8:17 am

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Anaheim Marriott (suites maybe) next to disney...had breakfast with Mick McGeough and the referee team up in the CL during the Ducks playoffs 2 years ago.

Also saw the long haired guy from American Idol...Bo...at the Ren Charlotte.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 9:12 am

George Clinton

The Pointer Sisters

Warren Zevon

Lee Trevino

Johnny Mathis

All at different RI's in NJ and FL.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 10:39 am

Met Larry Bird at the World Center in Orlando over the summer.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 10:41 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
All of these were hard to miss:

When it was still a Marriott, Rhiga in NY: Don King having breakfast with his entourage at the next table.

Chicago downtown Marriott: Judd Hirsch

And I think the best of all just because he and his group seemed a bit out of place: Richard Simmons with a large entourage checking into the Omaha Marriott.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 10:44 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
About 18 months ago, I saw Michael Jordan's agent, David Falk, in the concierge lounge of the Fairview Park Marriott being interviewed by another guy.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 11:06 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Originally Posted by Lefty33
George Clinton

The Pointer Sisters

Warren Zevon

Lee Trevino

Johnny Mathis

All at different RI's in NJ and FL.
How sad that these "celebs"have been reduced to staying at an RI
Seems like a basis for a Christopher Guest movie
Old Sep 25, 2007, 11:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Interesting that most of the 'celeb' sightings in Marriotts so far have been sports figures.

I saw quite a few of the Oscar/BAFTA nominees at Grosvenor House ballroom 2 separate years (George Clooney, Charlize Theron, etc), but that's because they were there for the dinner following the BAFTA Awards. Kevin Spacey was in the Red Bar at Grosvenor House following the Olivier Awards.

Cheers.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
How do y'all recognize these folks
I have been face to face with very A list celebs and have not recognized them till someone told me who I was speaking/standing next to.
But maybe that is why I have been able to speak/stand next to them
That's typically me (unless it's a fortune 500 CEO, then I can usually pick them out)

Note: I did know who the following were though: Ruben Stoddard (someone had to point him out as I wouldnt' have recognized him), George Carlin, Dick Smothers of the Smothers Brother and Mel Tormey (Carlin is much shorter than I would have ever guessed)...I'm sure there were others but these are the ones that come to mind
Old Sep 25, 2007, 4:25 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
My observations on this thread: 4 stars for the Warren Zevon sighting (obviously before his demise). Also, I would ask the moderator to remove references to hockey "celebrities." They don't count.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by ohmark
My observations on this thread: 4 stars for the Warren Zevon sighting (obviously before his demise). Also, I would ask the moderator to remove references to hockey "celebrities." They don't count.
But retired basketball players and golfers do?
Old Sep 25, 2007, 11:17 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent/MR Gold/ HH Diamond/National/MGM/Amex
Originally Posted by ohmark
Also, I would ask the moderator to remove references to hockey "celebrities." They don't count.
HAHA! I can see all of the ESPN arguments coming in...I have seen a lot of professional poker players in Vegas...but i didnt think that was worth noting. And might cause some issues similar to the hockey players
Old Sep 26, 2007, 2:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I probably recognize more actor-type celebs because of working in the industry, as well as some of the news pundits you see on tv.

I was coming back from a biz trip to Hawaii one time, and the Pro Bowl had played that weekend. Some of the football players were at my hotel & quite a few on my flight back (I was a bit surprised they didn't do a charter for the team, but maybe cause they come from dif places/teams?). A girlfriend of mine is a huge football fan & she asked me who was on the plane - me,"I don't know. They were tall, big, black, & white." Didn't recognize one of them.

Cheers.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 1:07 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Senator John Edwards at the San Antonio Marriott River Center, with his Secret Service detail, while he was the Democratic Vice Presidential Nominee in 2004

If I was staying at a Marriott (the San Francisco Marriott to be precise), and they gave me the Presidential Suite, does that make me a 15 minute celebrity of the Andy Warhol variety while I was staying there?
Old Sep 27, 2007, 8:39 am

Kobe Bryant at the Philly Marriott during the all-star weekend. OK, I didn't really see him personally, but they gave me his dirty room when I checked in! The reason why I knew it was his room was because he left a bunch of receipts and papers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.