Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis Bali Resort, Bali, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Concierge Email: [email protected]

Property Email: [email protected]

SPG INSTANT AWARDS

SPG Participation Policy

There are no standard rooms at this resort; therefore, Starpoint Award reservations must be booked at a higher Starpoint rate through your local customer contact center. Also, since all accommodations are either suites or villas, upgrades for Starwood Preferred Guest members do not apply.

Non-Smoking Policy

The resort is committed to providing guests and associates with an enhanced quality of air and environment by providing 100% non-smoking guest rooms, suites, and villas. Violations of this policy will incur a 250 USD penalty. Designated smoking areas are available in public areas.

Seclusion Day Information: March 9, 2016

Nyepi, known as the “Day of Silence,” marks the celebration of the Balinese New Year in the Hindu Lunar calendar. A spectacular procedure of ceremonies, parades of great bamboo monsters, and fireworks occur on the Eve of Nyepi, followed by a day of total silence and seclusion. The community strongly believes that if the island is silent and dark, the bad spirits will leave and the new year will start in peace. During Nyepi, from 6am until 6am the next day, the island stops. Nobody is allowed in the streets, use of electricity is restricted, and the international airport is closed.

In 2016, Nyepi will fall on Wednesday, March 9. Please note that check-in and checkout will not be possible on Nyepi Day, and Ngurah Rai International Airport (DPS) will be closed. Some of the resort facilities will operate as usual; however, there will be no transportation services to and from the resort, and televisions will not be available. Lights will be dimmed inside and there will be no outdoor lighting. Our pools and garden areas will still be accessible except for the beach. Only indoor seating will be available at Boneka Restaurant. Gourmand Deli will close at 8pm. King Cole Bar will remain closed.

We kindly invite you to respect this sacred day and observe these restrictions. Normal activity in Bali will resume at 6am on Thursday, March 10.

Print Wikipost

St Regis Bali Resort, Bali, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2023, 1:12 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by jedicat666
I've stayed at all 3. Mandapa is great only if you stay at their villas, especially their rice field view ones. 15N at STR is definitely overkill, but its definitely miles above RC. So i would pick STR alone instead of mixing it with RC. However, Some variety isn't bad, but instead of spending it at RC, do consider the Apurva Kempinski which i find to be outstanding.
Mandapa is a points booking, 2 connecting rooms. A 2 bedroom villa was a bit above budget.....
I thought about staying somewhere else but I always stick to Marriott for my ambassador status and the points that i get....

on the other hand... being ambassador is underwhelming..
Old Jan 13, 2023, 1:22 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Agreed with the post that said 15N at St Regis will be boring.
And if you spend more time off the resort, you might be better book lower rate resort and explore around.

Maybe try other Marriott (or even non Marriott) hotels around Bali?

W Seminyak would be good place to stay if you want to explore Canggu and Kuta areas.

Amankila could be another option to just relaxing at the resort.

Would recommend Banyan Tree Escape at Buahan, but they don't accept kids.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 1:23 pm

Programs: AP 50k, UA Silver, MB Titanium, HH Diamond
Anyone been to both the Mandapa RCR and StR Bali care to compare the value/worth between the two?

I'm planning 3 nights in Nusa Dua or Seminyak (probably the W if staying in Seminyak) + 5 nights in Ubud.
Was originally thinking of staying 3 nights at the Laguna, then burn my points for 5 nights at Mandapa but I'm thinking that might be slight overkill especially if I'm not given upgrade to the villas (probably unlikely since it is RCR and I will be going in start of peak season).

Reading through this thread and how well rated this place (one of if not the best StR??), I'm thinking I shouldn't miss out on the opportunity to experience such property.

Now I'm thinking of spending 1 night in Laguna when I arrive, then 2 nights in StR (~200k pts) [but if my 85k cert posts on time might end up staying at StR all three nights], then 3 nights at some nice property in Ubud (I'm thinking maybe the COMO), and finish it off with 2 nights in Mandapa RCR (~240k pts).

Thoughts?
Old May 4, 2023, 8:45 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, American Airlines Lifetime Platinum, Accor Live Limitless Gold
Has anyone visited in 2023 and know if the airport fast track service is still available? I heard it ended at the end of December (but have had one service tell me it still exists). Has anyone experienced it in 2023?
Old May 5, 2023, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by Debls
Has anyone visited in 2023 and know if the airport fast track service is still available? I heard it ended at the end of December (but have had one service tell me it still exists). Has anyone experienced it in 2023?
Concierge confirmed that it ended in Dec 2022.
Old May 6, 2023, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by bizum
Concierge confirmed that it ended in Dec 2022.
It may be accurate that the hotel dropped the perk, but stand-alone VIP service is still available and very much recommended during peak periods (just Google). We often take the first SINDPS of the day, when it's not necessary. But I've used it recently when arriving in the evening.

Alternatively, if it's an option, apply for an APEC card from the US government. You can apply on the same page where you manage your Global Entry account. It allows you to use the Diplomatic line entering and exiting DPS. I've come to rely heavily on that, and we routinely beat our luggage to the carousel even when the immigration queues are massive.

Good luck.
Old May 6, 2023, 11:20 am

Sorry I wasn't clear. According to the concierge, the airport ended the practice. Not sure about exceptions so that could exist as well.
Old May 6, 2023, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by bizum
Sorry I wasn't clear. According to the concierge, the airport ended the practice. Not sure about exceptions so that could exist as well.
Understood. However, the service is still available, I’ve used it recently. For the sake of the poster, I just wanted to clear up that the concierge’s comments were in error. Not suggesting malice or error on your part.

respectfully, Jamie
UASPG, bizum and Violin1990 like this.
Old May 19, 2023, 4:44 pm

Stayed 3 nights here last week. Incredible property.

We were staying in Westin Ubud prior to St Regis, and ended up getting our own ride there via private driver since we had some excursions earlier in the day.

Check-in was solid. We enjoyed the welcome drink then got whisked away in the buggy to get a tour of the property, although it was already dark out so it was difficult to really visualize the layout of the resort until the following morning.
We had two separate reservations across both myself and my partner since we had a mix of 85k certs and points to redeem (we're both plat). They were able to combine for same room. We were upgraded from the most basic room type to the corner plunge pool suite (101) which is located right beside the spa.

Seems like there's mixed opinions in here about the plunge pool suite. Personally we really enjoyed the upgrade. It was the perfect size and use of space throughout both the indoor and outdoor areas.

We did not leave the property at all during our stay, since we already explored north of the island earlier in the trip and plus Nusa Dua is far from the typical attractions. We did the 30mins foot massage which is one of the choices for plat members (breakfast is already included with our rate). We enjoyed the uniqueness of the lagoon. We also did some surfing on the public beach area. I appreciate that they let all guests use the cabanas.

Ate at the deli, vista bar, Boneka, Sunday brunch at Kayuputi, and room service. There was a local birthday party at Boneka one evening which made things much livelier and fun than normal (it felt a bit stuffy and quiet during normal times). The Sunday brunch had folks from outside the hotel, but it was clear that most of them were tourists that were likely staying nearby at other properties.

There are a lot of staff per hotel guest at the property, as others have mentioned. They all definitely want to be helpful and friendly, but we're not the type to interact with hotel staff all that much if not necessary. We didn't really take advantage of calling the butler service, and opted to just talk to staff in person as it was just more convenient.

During this time of year, seems like mosquitos aren't too bad. They do have a schedule Tues/Thurs/Sat to spray with bug repellent throughout the property, so this definitely helps. And it's not too bad at all during the day time.

Overall I would highly recommend staying at this property at least once. In the future we want to try the RC Ubud (Mandapa).
bizum and WasKnown like this.
Old May 20, 2023, 5:26 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Stayed there few times on different months and never have any mosquito issues.
Old May 29, 2023, 5:05 pm

Programs: Curr Noob, Ex Road Warrior
I have an upcoming stay at this hotel with family and am 7 nights short of Plat. I will be booking the room with points and want to make sure breakfast is included even if I am not Plat. I will complete those 7 nights between STR and another hotel in Bali. If being plat is advised before the trip, I plan to do few mattress runs to qualify. Appreciate the feedback.
Old May 31, 2023, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by ikonos
I have an upcoming stay at this hotel with family and am 7 nights short of Plat. I will be booking the room with points and want to make sure breakfast is included even if I am not Plat. I will complete those 7 nights between STR and another hotel in Bali. If being plat is advised before the trip, I plan to do few mattress runs to qualify. Appreciate the feedback.
We were plat and had breakfast included with our points stay, not sure if they'd have it complimentary for Gold status. You could probably just confirm with their reservation agent. I haven't tried the emails shared in this forum thread guide but the email they provided closer to our checkin date was [email protected].
Old May 31, 2023, 10:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ikonos
Do a mattress run or get the Brilliant Amex card. Always better to have plat in hand to ensure breakkie and room upgrades
Old Jun 25, 2023, 10:41 am

Programs: Curr Noob, Ex Road Warrior
I actually ended up getting the card as I have multiple stays on this trip and another upcoming trip. Thank you
Old Jul 6, 2023, 9:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Just wrapped up two nights here. Came from FS Jimbaran and overall we preferred the StR. Booked cheapest cash rate (StR Suite), upgrade to Orchid Suite showed in the app about a week prior to arrival. They were booked 100% full, so appreciated getting any upgrade at all. That said, while the Orchid Suite is spacious, we found the location (on 5th floor right on top of the lobby, with bedroom and terrace literally adjacent to the StR Bar tent-top) less than ideal, as the live piano from the bar came in loud and clear into the bedroom. We were able to move to a Gardenia Villa the second night, and wow, what a difference. The villas here are stunning - definitely the nicest of any SE Asia resort that I've visited.

As a welcome amenity, this property offers two 30 minute foot massages, which has to be one of, if not the best welcome amenity offered by any Marriott. We added on a 60 minute Balinese massage and the spa experience was excellent, if a bit pricey for Bali.

Breakfast was solid and we had a very good lunch at le Gourmand Deli. Dinner at Dulang was a big disappointment - mediocre underseasoned Indonesian food and well-meaning but unpolished service. We would have been happier (and gotten more flavorful food) at a local warung.

Beach was a very pleasant surprise - so much nicer than Sanur or Jimbaran, and the chaise longues here are super luxurious. It's also a fantastic beach for running, either on the sand at low tide or the jogging path that wraps all the way around to Nusa Dua Beach and beyond.

Overall service was great and apart from the rain (6 of 8 days in Bali, during supposed dry season), we really enjoyed our stay. Especially appreciated the free RT transfers in an Alphard, and porter service for our DPS departure. Would absolutely return (and would pay up to confirm a villa next time).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.