Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis Bali Resort, Bali, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Concierge Email: [email protected]

Property Email: [email protected]

SPG INSTANT AWARDS

SPG Participation Policy

There are no standard rooms at this resort; therefore, Starpoint Award reservations must be booked at a higher Starpoint rate through your local customer contact center. Also, since all accommodations are either suites or villas, upgrades for Starwood Preferred Guest members do not apply.

Non-Smoking Policy

The resort is committed to providing guests and associates with an enhanced quality of air and environment by providing 100% non-smoking guest rooms, suites, and villas. Violations of this policy will incur a 250 USD penalty. Designated smoking areas are available in public areas.

Seclusion Day Information: March 9, 2016

Nyepi, known as the “Day of Silence,” marks the celebration of the Balinese New Year in the Hindu Lunar calendar. A spectacular procedure of ceremonies, parades of great bamboo monsters, and fireworks occur on the Eve of Nyepi, followed by a day of total silence and seclusion. The community strongly believes that if the island is silent and dark, the bad spirits will leave and the new year will start in peace. During Nyepi, from 6am until 6am the next day, the island stops. Nobody is allowed in the streets, use of electricity is restricted, and the international airport is closed.

In 2016, Nyepi will fall on Wednesday, March 9. Please note that check-in and checkout will not be possible on Nyepi Day, and Ngurah Rai International Airport (DPS) will be closed. Some of the resort facilities will operate as usual; however, there will be no transportation services to and from the resort, and televisions will not be available. Lights will be dimmed inside and there will be no outdoor lighting. Our pools and garden areas will still be accessible except for the beach. Only indoor seating will be available at Boneka Restaurant. Gourmand Deli will close at 8pm. King Cole Bar will remain closed.

We kindly invite you to respect this sacred day and observe these restrictions. Normal activity in Bali will resume at 6am on Thursday, March 10.

Print Wikipost

St Regis Bali Resort, Bali, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2019, 3:08 am

I exchanged a few emails with the reservation department regarding the airport transfer for a reservation with points that I have coming up next month.

They said the new policy of not having complimentary airport transfer on points bookings is effective as of 11 December 2018 (you gotta be kidding me, I made my reservation on December 14th...).

Prices quoted for the airport transfer are:
By Toyota Innova: IDR. 350,000 net/car/way
By Toyota Alphard: IDR. 657,000 net/car/way
That seemed very reasonable but when I asked if that included the VIP assistance at the airport, they told me that it doesn't but it's available for an extra "USD 40 net per person per day". I have no clue what's the reasoning behind this being a "per day" fee... maybe it's a typo but if not, considering there are 2 of us staying for 5 nights, that'd be an extra $400 which I find ridiculous.

EDIT: after doing some research on transportation from the airport in Bali, I think I'll just skip their offering and simply hop on one of those Blue Bird Taxis.
bizum likes this.

Last edited by mk712; Mar 28, 2019 at 7:34 am
Old Mar 28, 2019, 4:53 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Why vip airport assistance is charged /person/day?
Should it be /person ?
Old Mar 28, 2019, 6:47 am

I booked my St Regis stay on 1/24 with points can confirm the above. Thank you for looking up the costs though, the VIP assistance is quite absurd...
Old Apr 6, 2019, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott PP, Hertz PC, HH Diamond
I'm sad to hear that the VIP assistance is no longer included for points stay. I was looking forward to that having heard of it prior.

I too have a points stay for this upcoming May, and am Titanium status. What other amenities were included as either part of the booking and/or status? (ex. # of pieces of free laundry/person/night, either free time for drinks @ a bar or drink voucher of some type, has breakfast been confirmed as part of the room even w/ points vs elite benefit, etc.). My last St. Regis stay had a welcome letter that highlighted all the Titanium/PP perks... if they have one here, what might have been listed?
Old Apr 11, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
We are celebrating our 5 year anniversary during our stay. Does anyone have the email to the GM they could email me? Or a guest relations manager or similar

Last edited by brokenwindow; Apr 11, 2019 at 11:22 am
Old Apr 22, 2019, 8:19 am

I have a three night stay coming up and it looks like I can't apply SNA to my reservation, but reading back a few pages, it looks like some people were able to. Is this a new policy or is there a trick to getting SNA applied to my reservation? Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 22, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...thread-68.html

If the rate you booked was a prepaid then try the "trick" mentioned in the wiki on the thread above
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by New2DGame
I have a three night stay coming up and it looks like I can't apply SNA to my reservation, but reading back a few pages, it looks like some people were able to. Is this a new policy or is there a trick to getting SNA applied to my reservation? Thanks in advance!
StR Bali does not participate in the SNA programme since it’s an all suite hotel. It was previously listed as an error.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 2:11 am

I checked out of the property a couple of days ago following a 5-night reward redemption.

Regarding the property itself I don't have much more to say than what's already on TripAdvisor, but here are a few notes that I think are relevant to this thread:

1. Following my email exchange with them regarding the VIP airport transfer for a reservation made using points, I asked them if they could make an exception as a recognition of my Platinum Elite status and taking into consideration I had made my booking only 3 days after the change of policy. To my surprise they agreed and I was provided with complimentary airport transfer (both ways).

2. When I originally made the reservation in mid-December I immediately attached SNAs to it, but earlier this year when the website started showing the property as being ineligible for SNAs it kinda broke my reservation page. The page still showed my SNAs as attached but with an IT error message alongside it, and clicking the "Details" button only displayed another dozen error messages. I tried detaching the SNAs and that worked but I couldn't attach them again. So by the time I checked in at the resort my SNAs weren't attached anymore...

3. ...BUT I got a free upgrade to a Pool Suite anyway (again, I'm Platinum Elite). I had requested two beds so I already knew that's the best I could've gotten (the only villas with two beds are the two-bedroom villas, which are expensive enough that I doubt they give free upgrades to those).

4. I remember reading (I think in this thread) that the Pool Suites were unusable because of mosquitos. We spent a healthy amount of time outside during the day and didn't have any problems with mosquitos. We did see some mosquitos at night but not enough to be bothering us while in the plunge pool (although I probably wouldn't want to hang out in shorts and short sleeves outside at night). They fumigate the entire resort 3 times a week so that probably helps.

5. Regarding the privacy of the outdoor area of the Pool Suites, it's true it's not great. That wasn't an issue for us as we never saw our upstairs neighbors use their balconies and our specific suite was pretty lush which gave us plenty of privacy from the common areas, but YMMV. But I absolutely would pick a Pool Suite over a regular Suite.

Hope that helps.

PS: I was surprised by how good the wifi was, as I was downloading files from Google Drive at a consistent ~10 MB/s (80 mbps) right from my bed.

Last edited by mk712; Apr 23, 2019 at 9:54 am
Old Apr 27, 2019, 12:05 am

Coming to an end on our 9-night stay and I must say that the fact that all prices in the hotel are net including tax and service charge makes me give them mad respect. Way to go with clear and transparent pricing.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 10:50 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott PP, Hertz PC, HH Diamond
For everyone staying with points, is breakfast included? I can't figure it out because all the paid rates seem to include breakfast.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by enthrop
For everyone staying with points, is breakfast included? I can't figure it out because all the paid rates seem to include breakfast.
My understanding is no, you would have to select as your platinum amenity.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 8:55 pm

No, on points stay you must choose your breakfast benefit if you want have free breakfast.

Buffet breakfast, fee from 450000.00 IDR ++ / per adult.

Last edited by HHQX888; Apr 30, 2019 at 7:59 am
Old Apr 30, 2019, 3:27 am

Programs: IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold,VS, BA.
Originally Posted by HHQX888
No, on points stay you must choose your breakfast benefit if you want have free breakfast.
Does anyone know the price for those without Platinum status? EDIT: Ignore. Just seen the post above.

Last edited by FlyingChris47; May 10, 2019 at 2:27 am
Old May 16, 2019, 1:01 am

I just realized my booking says it is for 1 guest, but I will be staying with my wife for our honeymoon. I don't want to change anything online in fear of losing my original 240k/5 nights booking. Would it be an issue if I showed up with my wife even though my reservation says 1 guest? Should I just email them to let them know? Also, I made my reservation in Oct. 2018, and my original email says airport transfer is included. This should still get honored right? Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.