Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis Bali Resort, Bali, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Concierge Email: [email protected]

Property Email: [email protected]

SPG INSTANT AWARDS

SPG Participation Policy

There are no standard rooms at this resort; therefore, Starpoint Award reservations must be booked at a higher Starpoint rate through your local customer contact center. Also, since all accommodations are either suites or villas, upgrades for Starwood Preferred Guest members do not apply.

Non-Smoking Policy

The resort is committed to providing guests and associates with an enhanced quality of air and environment by providing 100% non-smoking guest rooms, suites, and villas. Violations of this policy will incur a 250 USD penalty. Designated smoking areas are available in public areas.

Seclusion Day Information: March 9, 2016

Nyepi, known as the “Day of Silence,” marks the celebration of the Balinese New Year in the Hindu Lunar calendar. A spectacular procedure of ceremonies, parades of great bamboo monsters, and fireworks occur on the Eve of Nyepi, followed by a day of total silence and seclusion. The community strongly believes that if the island is silent and dark, the bad spirits will leave and the new year will start in peace. During Nyepi, from 6am until 6am the next day, the island stops. Nobody is allowed in the streets, use of electricity is restricted, and the international airport is closed.

In 2016, Nyepi will fall on Wednesday, March 9. Please note that check-in and checkout will not be possible on Nyepi Day, and Ngurah Rai International Airport (DPS) will be closed. Some of the resort facilities will operate as usual; however, there will be no transportation services to and from the resort, and televisions will not be available. Lights will be dimmed inside and there will be no outdoor lighting. Our pools and garden areas will still be accessible except for the beach. Only indoor seating will be available at Boneka Restaurant. Gourmand Deli will close at 8pm. King Cole Bar will remain closed.

We kindly invite you to respect this sacred day and observe these restrictions. Normal activity in Bali will resume at 6am on Thursday, March 10.

Print Wikipost

St Regis Bali Resort, Bali, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2019, 2:36 pm

The rate I’m looking at has a “luxury airport transfer” included. Does anyone know if that still includes the whole pick up at gate, fast track through immigration thing? Or do they not offer that anymore?
Old Aug 23, 2019, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by dbndb
The rate I’m looking at has a “luxury airport transfer” included. Does anyone know if that still includes the whole pick up at gate, fast track through immigration thing? Or do they not offer that anymore?
I went there late June and I got the whole package, including pick up at gate and fast track through immigration. It's a very nice service!
bizum, bhrubin and dbndb like this.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by cheme24
I went there late June and I got the whole package, including pick up at gate and fast track through immigration. It's a very nice service!
Great, thanks!
Old Sep 14, 2019, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does anyone have details on the recent renovation here? Were just the villas touched up or the rooms in the main building, too? Is there still a free shuttle to the nearby shopping mall?
Old Sep 24, 2019, 7:21 am

My wife and I are heading to Bali in about week and doing 5 nights at the STR and 5 nights at the W. Some context - both reservations are points (240k/5nts each), I am titanium elite, and the trip is for my 40th birthday.

So far the communication from the hotel has been great. I added the birthday note when I made the reservation (2/1/2019) and they sent an e-mail a few days ago confirming the occasion. After reading this thread, I also requested that the airport transfer + VIP be included at no charge (based on booking date, status, and occasion), and they agreed. I originally requested an Alphard, but they told me that the Innova was the only vehicle included in the gratis airport transfer. The Alphard was a 657K IDR upgrade (which is the regular price even if you aren't getting anything complimentary). I am sticking with the Innova.

For those of you that have used the VIP airport service, did you check bags? If so, what was the baggage handling time like? I've heard that the baggage handling at DPS can be painfully slow, and don't want to have the VIP service whisk us through immigration, only to wait around for 30-60 mins for our bags. We're arriving at 12AM, so want to get to the hotel ASAP. Carry-on only is an option, but given the length of the trip and occasion, I (and more importantly my wife) would prefer to pack more liberally.

Any insight on this would be awesome - thanks!

Last edited by mindscape9; Sep 24, 2019 at 1:45 pm
Old Sep 24, 2019, 8:29 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I was there on a quiet day and bags took about 20-25min. The VIP service gets you a nice, comfortable place to sit while someone else gets your bags.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:32 am

Thanks, Pete! That's helpful.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 12:50 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by mindscape9
My wife and I are heading to Bali in about week and doing 5 nights at the STR and 5 nights at the W. Some context - both reservations are points (240k/5nts each), I am titanium elite, and the trip is for my 40th birthday.

So far the communication from the hotel has been great. I added the birthday note when I made the reservation (2/1/2019) and they sent an e-mail a few days confirming the occasion. After reading this thread, I also requested that the airport transfer + VIP be included at no charge (based on booking date, status, and occasion), and they agreed. I originally requested an Alphard, but they told me that the Innova was the only vehicle included in the gratis airport transfer. The Alphard was a 657K IDR upgrade (which is the regular price even if you aren't getting anything complimentary). I am sticking with the Innova.

For those of you that have used the VIP airport service, did you check bags? If so, what was the baggage handling time like? I've heard that the baggage handling at DPS can be painfully slow, and don't want to have the VIP service whisk us through immigration, only to wait around for 30-60 mins for our bags. We're arriving at 12AM, so want to get to the hotel ASAP. Carry-on only is an option, but given the length of the trip and occasion, I (and more importantly my wife) would prefer to pack more liberally.

I got the Alphard on my stay on February as the complimentary transfer.
Will have another stay on December.

About the VIP service, is that service is part of the airport transfer or must be booked separately?
I was coming off from a domestic flight on my last stay, so never check about this service.

The luggage in DPS do take their own sweet time to arrive.
I manage to use their smart gate last month and skip the normal immigration queue.
Yet I still have to wait for another 30 mins for my bag to arrive
Old Sep 24, 2019, 1:44 pm

As far as I can tell, if you book a rate that includes a transfer, the "VIP Service" is included. However, if you book on points or a rate that doesn't include a transfer, your YMMV on if they provide either, or both, the complementary transfer and/or the VIP service.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 2:13 pm

So far the communication from the hotel has been great. I added the birthday note when I made the reservation (2/1/2019) and they sent an e-mail a few days ago confirming the occasion. After reading this thread, I also requested that the airport transfer + VIP be included at no charge (based on booking date, status, and occasion), and they agreed. I originally requested an Alphard, but they told me that the Innova was the only vehicle included in the gratis airport transfer. The Alphard was a 657K IDR upgrade (which is the regular price even if you aren't getting anything complimentary). I am sticking with the Innova.

The VIP service is mandatory for the time you arrive. Same for arrivals 3-5p. The only time I risk arriving without VIP in place is around 9-10a when there are few arrivals. True, waiting for bags takes some time, but I’d rather spend time sitting down with a cold drink than standing, shuffling in line for over an hr. The stand-alone cost is $30pp give or take, I arrange this for all of us regarding where we stay (we aren’t enamored with STR location so haven’t been there in several years).
Old Sep 27, 2019, 10:25 am

Makes perfect sense! We are absolutely doing the VIP service - was more wondering if checking bags negates the benefit of it. Based on your reply, it seems like checking bags probably won't impact our experience much if we have the VIP service. Thanks!
Old Oct 15, 2019, 9:10 am

Hey Everyone - just got back from Bali and thought I would post some quick thoughts. We stayed 5 nights at the St Regis and 5 nights at the W.

St Regis - Bali:
Booked the hotel on points. I used suite night upgrades and they were applied. Originally the VIP transfer was not included in our rate, but after communicating with the hotel, they offered to extend the VIP transfer service to us free of charge. Someone met us at the gate after deplaning and took us through customs, and retrieved our bags. It was a HUGE time saver and definitely worth it - I am guessing it saved us about an hour. After they retrieved our bags, they took us to a waiting car, loaded everything in, and drove us to the STR (~40 mins). The car had some waters, a cold towel, and some chocolates for us. We arrived to the hotel around 2AM and checked in. At check-in, the standard room was upgraded to an ocean view suite, which was very nice. Even so, we were informed that the next day, we had the option to upgrade to a different room. When we checked on the upgrade the next day, they told us that they could upgrade us to a Gardenia Villa, which was fabulous. Tons of space, private pool, and centrally located. It has 2 bathrooms, a kitchen area with a large fridge, stove, and microwave, a living room, and a large bathroom. The outdoor area has a private pool, outdoor shower, gazebo with pillows, etc, and 2 deck chairs with an umbrella.

For our welcome amenity, we chose the breakfast buffet and it was excellent. They had a rotating selection of asian dishes, standard western fare (eggs, bacon, etc), ice cream, a chocolate fountain, fruits, yogurts, etc. You can also order as much as you like off of the menu. I found the buffet to have some great options, and ordering off the menu helped round out the selections to make it a great breakfast. Coffee, tea, and juices are included. Not sure about things like bloody mary's or mimosas - we were not offered any.

The service at the STR is beyond compare, and the butlers were everything you expect. They did our packing and unpacking, and also extended the gratis 2 piece per person per day pressing to us. I think in some STRs butler service is only included with suites, but it seemed like all rooms had use of the butlers at the STR Bali.

The outdoor pool was amazing, with awesome cabanas for use for free. Drinks and food are the same price everywhere - in the restaurant, by the pool, room service, etc. Even so, if you are a Marriott Elite member, you can get 20% off at certain restaurants - this is not extended to pool side service or room service. Pro-tip - if you order from the restaurant, they will deliver to your room free of charge and will still extend the 20%.

On departure, they gave us a late check-out of 3PM and we were able to use the "round-trip" transfer service to have the car take us to the W in Seminyak.

The feel at the STR is very relaxing and quiet. If you are looking for more might life and things to do, the W will suit you better. Although both properties were amazing and we had a great time at both, I think we enjoyed the time at the W more. The W is every bit as nice and luxurious, but much more crowded so if you want to get away from it all with very few people around, the STR is a great option.
svo242 and 3rdworldresident like this.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 11:41 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Interesting that you can apply SNA for this. I got a reservation on December and was told they didnt accept SNA.

What is the option for SNA if I may ask?
Old Oct 15, 2019, 7:56 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally the VIP transfer was not included in our rate, but after communicating with the hotel, they offered to extend the VIP transfer service to us free of charge....

It was a HUGE time saver and definitely worth it...
Worth it? They comped it!

In all seriousness, sounds like you had a great stay. It's been 8+ years since our stay there. Back then, they were stingy with upgrades. Don't know if we'll be back as we like to try new places, but good memories...especially breakfast.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 10:52 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Delta Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Honors Diamond, WOH Globalist
Presently at the St. Regis Bali. 5 night stay booked with points (back when you could get a night at 65k, so 260k with the fifth night free). A few weeks before arrival got an email from the hotel about VIP transportation. Agree with mindscape9; they put us through a different line at passport control, had us relax in a lounge while they found our luggage and loaded it into a waiting vehicle. Definitely worth using, and it's free. I'm a lowly Platinum, so they upgraded us from the typical St. Regis suite to one with a plunge pool. The indoor and outdoor space is fabulous. As a Platinum got breakfast daily- a great spread with tons of choices. It is off season in Bali (we are at the end of dry season, so hottest time of year) so it's relatively quiet here- just the way we like it.

Instead of heading to the airport when our stay is complete going to the Viceroy in Ubud. The St. Regis will take us there, but not for free- we will use their service. Have booked one adventure- went to Uluwata yesterday, going to the monkey forest and Tanah Lot tomorrow. I highly recommend this property, it's been a great place for our vacation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.