Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis Bali Resort, Bali, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Concierge Email: [email protected]

Property Email: [email protected]

SPG INSTANT AWARDS

SPG Participation Policy

There are no standard rooms at this resort; therefore, Starpoint Award reservations must be booked at a higher Starpoint rate through your local customer contact center. Also, since all accommodations are either suites or villas, upgrades for Starwood Preferred Guest members do not apply.

Non-Smoking Policy

The resort is committed to providing guests and associates with an enhanced quality of air and environment by providing 100% non-smoking guest rooms, suites, and villas. Violations of this policy will incur a 250 USD penalty. Designated smoking areas are available in public areas.

Seclusion Day Information: March 9, 2016

Nyepi, known as the “Day of Silence,” marks the celebration of the Balinese New Year in the Hindu Lunar calendar. A spectacular procedure of ceremonies, parades of great bamboo monsters, and fireworks occur on the Eve of Nyepi, followed by a day of total silence and seclusion. The community strongly believes that if the island is silent and dark, the bad spirits will leave and the new year will start in peace. During Nyepi, from 6am until 6am the next day, the island stops. Nobody is allowed in the streets, use of electricity is restricted, and the international airport is closed.

In 2016, Nyepi will fall on Wednesday, March 9. Please note that check-in and checkout will not be possible on Nyepi Day, and Ngurah Rai International Airport (DPS) will be closed. Some of the resort facilities will operate as usual; however, there will be no transportation services to and from the resort, and televisions will not be available. Lights will be dimmed inside and there will be no outdoor lighting. Our pools and garden areas will still be accessible except for the beach. Only indoor seating will be available at Boneka Restaurant. Gourmand Deli will close at 8pm. King Cole Bar will remain closed.

We kindly invite you to respect this sacred day and observe these restrictions. Normal activity in Bali will resume at 6am on Thursday, March 10.

Print Wikipost

St Regis Bali Resort, Bali, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2023, 12:05 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Glad to hear that complimentary RT airport transfer is still intact.

hope to get back there asap.
Old Jul 8, 2023, 7:08 am

I will stay at St. Regis Bali for 5 nights (paid stay) and after that 5 nights at Mandapa (reward booking). My ambassador told me, both hotels usually do not upgrade to Villas.

Would you recommend to pay for an upgrade to a Villa at St. Regis or Mandapa (if I only want to pay once)?
Old Jul 8, 2023, 7:47 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by TheSEN
I will stay at St. Regis Bali for 5 nights (paid stay) and after that 5 nights at Mandapa (reward booking). My ambassador told me, both hotels usually do not upgrade to Villas.

Would you recommend to pay for an upgrade to a Villa at St. Regis or Mandapa (if I only want to pay once)?
I have a 5 night points booking next week at mandapa (2 entry rooms). Today I saw one of the rooms was upgraded to a mandapa suite.
I have a 6 nights booking after mandapa at the ritz Carlton bali, (2x the Ritz-Carlton suite). No upgrade (yet???)
I have a 11 night paid booking (2 bedroom villa) after the ritz Carlton bali the st Regis Bali. No upgrade (hoping I will get a upgrade to the 4 bedroom villa but I doubt it...
Old Jul 8, 2023, 6:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The reports in this thread are otherwise, with many reporting villa upgrades. Bali is super popular right now though, so If you want to be guaranteed a villa, then hoping for upgrade may result in disappointment. To me, the villas are worth the price differential (they're super nice) but it is not an inconsiderable amount.
Old Jul 8, 2023, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
The reports in this thread are otherwise, with many reporting villa upgrades. Bali is super popular right now though, so If you want to be guaranteed a villa, then hoping for upgrade may result in disappointment. To me, the villas are worth the price differential (they're super nice) but it is not an inconsiderable amount.

I hope I get an upgrade as Ambassador but I don't expect one. But if I had to choose between a Villa at St. Regis or Mandapa. Which would you choose?
Old Jul 28, 2023, 12:01 am

Programs: Curr Noob, Ex Road Warrior
I have 5 night points stay coming up at STR and booked in to Garden Suite. Should I use the suite night certificates for this stay? What kind of upgrade do they do with those certs? Thanks.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 7:34 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy: Titanium, IHG: Diamond Ambassador, Accor ALL: Gold
Originally Posted by ikonos
I have 5 night points stay coming up at STR and booked in to Garden Suite. Should I use the suite night certificates for this stay? What kind of upgrade do they do with those certs? Thanks.
Unfortunately SNA is not accepted in St. Regis Bali since it's all-Suite and Villa property ...
Old Jul 28, 2023, 5:31 pm

Programs: Curr Noob, Ex Road Warrior
Originally Posted by adoptasaurusid
Unfortunately SNA is not accepted in St. Regis Bali since it's all-Suite and Villa property ...
Thanks for letting me know.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 1:12 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I hope I get an upgrade as Ambassador but I don't expect one. But if I had to choose between a Villa at St. Regis or Mandapa. Which would you choose?
Although both villas are amazing, I would get Villa at Mandapa.

St Regises villas don't offer much in terms of view.
Gardenia villas are for people who like their privacy as guests from the lagoon pool can easily peek into the Lagoon villas due to direct access from those villas.
Strand villas are nice but the price is way higher than the other 2.
It does nice to have dedicated beach chair for you but then again the main beach area are rarely full anyway.

As for Mandapa, I only have tried their Riverview Villa.
Nice view towards the river.
At first the river does sounds quite noisy but that noise pretty much can be heard throughout the resort.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 8:34 am

Recently completed 5 nights and very pleased with our stay. Wife and I are both lowly Marriott Golds so we were pleasantly surprised to get free breakfast. I can see why the breakfast here is so highly rated it really was very good.
We also enjoyed the free daily pressing service and complimentary hot chocolate with snacks served to our room everyday by the butler. Butler service was particularly useful for us as we had an 8 month old and they were so quick to deal with any requests we had.
The only downside is we didn't get any upgrade as the hotel was full and we were there during school holidays in August. Also no complimentary hotel/airport transfers. But we weren't really expecting these and the standard suite was more than enough space for us.
Even though we had just come from Alila Uluwatu Villas which was far bigger and aesthetically pleasing, we preferred the St Regis due to the exceptional service, probably the best I've received at any hotel.
Although dynamic pricing has messed things around, I think 275k points for 5 nights in August was a good redemption, considering cash rates of 700USD a night for our dates.
bizum, Kacee and reggiekush like this.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by lostnomad
Although dynamic pricing has messed things around, I think 275k points for 5 nights in August was a good redemption, considering cash rates of 700USD a night for our dates.
That's pretty good! Did you book prior to the recent deval/dynamic pricing updates? I'm looking at next august, and rates are close to 500k for 5n, which is ridiculous
Old Sep 9, 2023, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by randomdude
That's pretty good! Did you book prior to the recent deval/dynamic pricing updates? I'm looking at next august, and rates are close to 500k for 5n, which is ridiculous
That's steep! I booked about a month out from our stay dates: so at the beginning of last month. It was a pointsavers rate which I'm guessing is likely the reason for the decent value I got.
Old Dec 24, 2023, 4:10 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Titanium
I’m Titanium. Looking to book a trip for May. Question… is this a kid friendly hotel? I have a 4yr old and 2yr old, plus spouse. Also, most of the lower tier rooms only allow 3 occupants. I’d have to get a much more expensive room for 4 ppl, if I include the kids in the search. Anyone know the rigidity here if I book for 3 ppl but show up with 4, given that two of them are toddlers? Thx!
Old Dec 25, 2023, 7:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy: Titanium, IHG: Diamond Ambassador, Accor ALL: Gold
Originally Posted by Mighty_Bluff
I’m Titanium. Looking to book a trip for May. Question… is this a kid friendly hotel? I have a 4yr old and 2yr old, plus spouse. Also, most of the lower tier rooms only allow 3 occupants. I’d have to get a much more expensive room for 4 ppl, if I include the kids in the search. Anyone know the rigidity here if I book for 3 ppl but show up with 4, given that two of them are toddlers? Thx!
No issue with our stay back in September with two kids (age 5 and 3) .. I e-mailed them prior to our stay to inform them about the children and they have no issue extending the free breakfast to them as well (up to two children under 12 for Marriott Elites). Booked 5-nights rewards stay at entry-level St Regis Suite Garden View and was upgraded to the St Regis Pool Suite at ground level with private pool. They prepared the children amenity kits too (slippers, beach sand play kit, back pack, cap etc).

Their king bed size is 200x200 (usually known as Hollywood King or Super King). Extra bed is charged IDR1.320.000 net if you require one (may have changed).

They have a kids club with scheduled activities. Sufficient enough for the children to spend 2 hours per day or so .. The butler service is helpful in preparing glasses of milks for the children every evening before their bed time while the adults get hot tea ..
Old Dec 25, 2023, 7:47 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Titanium
Thank you so much for the data point. Really appreciate it! Glad to hear it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.