Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis Bali Resort, Bali, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Concierge Email: [email protected]

Property Email: [email protected]

SPG INSTANT AWARDS

SPG Participation Policy

There are no standard rooms at this resort; therefore, Starpoint Award reservations must be booked at a higher Starpoint rate through your local customer contact center. Also, since all accommodations are either suites or villas, upgrades for Starwood Preferred Guest members do not apply.

Non-Smoking Policy

The resort is committed to providing guests and associates with an enhanced quality of air and environment by providing 100% non-smoking guest rooms, suites, and villas. Violations of this policy will incur a 250 USD penalty. Designated smoking areas are available in public areas.

Seclusion Day Information: March 9, 2016

Nyepi, known as the “Day of Silence,” marks the celebration of the Balinese New Year in the Hindu Lunar calendar. A spectacular procedure of ceremonies, parades of great bamboo monsters, and fireworks occur on the Eve of Nyepi, followed by a day of total silence and seclusion. The community strongly believes that if the island is silent and dark, the bad spirits will leave and the new year will start in peace. During Nyepi, from 6am until 6am the next day, the island stops. Nobody is allowed in the streets, use of electricity is restricted, and the international airport is closed.

In 2016, Nyepi will fall on Wednesday, March 9. Please note that check-in and checkout will not be possible on Nyepi Day, and Ngurah Rai International Airport (DPS) will be closed. Some of the resort facilities will operate as usual; however, there will be no transportation services to and from the resort, and televisions will not be available. Lights will be dimmed inside and there will be no outdoor lighting. Our pools and garden areas will still be accessible except for the beach. Only indoor seating will be available at Boneka Restaurant. Gourmand Deli will close at 8pm. King Cole Bar will remain closed.

We kindly invite you to respect this sacred day and observe these restrictions. Normal activity in Bali will resume at 6am on Thursday, March 10.

Print Wikipost

St Regis Bali Resort, Bali, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2018, 6:53 am

Programs: Fairmont Platinum, SPG Gold
Thank your for the advice, Unfortunately I’m only gold but I think we’ll take a chance for the upgrade and save some points.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:49 am

Programs: IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold,VS, BA.
Originally Posted by pw158
Thoughts on an Ocean vs Orchid suite? Both are available on points right now for the dates I'm looking at.
Has anyone managed to book via the app for 60k a night? The app is showing availability of Suite/Ocean/Orchid for 240k for 5 nights (i.e. 60k) but errors out on the final confirmation screen. Has anyone else managed to book?

Calling up - they could only find availability in the St Regis Suite for 64k a night. Anyone else experienced differently or know a good phone number to call?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 3:34 am

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
Any recent information on the airport transfer?
I assume it's no longer offered for free, anybody know the rates for 1 way from airport?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by sandyph
I assume it's no longer offered for free, anybody know the rates for 1 way from airport?
Uber is incredibly cheap in DPS.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 3:54 pm

FYI just booked an Orchid Suite via the SPG app for 60k/night with 5th night free. Have been trying for days but kept erroring out. Finally went through tonight and got a confirmation email. Looks like they’ve joined the systems for the all-suite properties.

For those that booked at 64k/night might be worth looking to cancel & rebook (or repriced) at the lower rate if there’s availability.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:38 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by margarita girl

Uber is incredibly cheap in DPS.
Uber is no more in Bali. Use Grab.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:31 pm

Still unable to book with points via the app. App shows points but redirected to the L-SPG site and only offered in cash rates.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:48 pm

Programs: Fairmont Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by longtimereader firstimeposter
Still unable to book with points via the app. App shows points but redirected to the L-SPG site and only offered in cash rates.
This is what i keep getting
Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:29 pm

In case it’s relevant it was the SPG app (not Marriott) and had the right number of points in my account for the booking. For days it would get through to the final review screen and then error out when you clicked book now.

When I tried previously without the right # points in my account it would redirect to the ex SPG website with no availability.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:43 am

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
Originally Posted by sandyph
Looks like the Airport Transfer is back, I can see it on my current reservation
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by FlyingChris47
In case it’s relevant it was the SPG app (not Marriott) and had the right number of points in my account for the booking. For days it would get through to the final review screen and then error out when you clicked book now.

When I tried previously without the right # points in my account it would redirect to the ex SPG website with no availability.
I have the correct number of points in my account for the booking but still no luck. Has anyone had luck calling in and having them book these rates? I have a reservation but would like the 4,000 pt a night refund and move to an Orchid Suite.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by longtimereader firstimeposter
I have the correct number of points in my account for the booking but still no luck. Has anyone had luck calling in and having them book these rates? I have a reservation but would like the 4,000 pt a night refund and move to an Orchid Suite.
I think Orchid suite is phantom. I was able to book the regular suite for 240k for 5 nights using the app.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy
I think Orchid suite is phantom. I was able to book the regular suite for 240k for 5 nights using the app.
I successfully booked an Orchid last night for 240k/5 nights (and got a confirmation email), so worth persisting with the app. Think there's only 2 on property (?), so presumably availability extremely limited on points. Searching random dates, some days have availability, some don't?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by FlyingChris47
I successfully booked an Orchid last night for 240k/5 nights (and got a confirmation email), so worth persisting with the app. Think there's only 2 on property (?), so presumably availability extremely limited on points. Searching random dates, some days have availability, some don't?
I saw it for my dates but couldn’t book it successfully. After several times, I just picked the regular suite.
maybe the inventory displayed is not real time.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 11:45 am

Programs: Delta GM, Delta Amex Plat,
Dumb question but when booking legacy SPG properties, you must have the full points balance at the time of booking, correct? It's only legacy Marriott properties that only require the full points amount like 10 days prior to arrival?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.