Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
As of June 2023, evening service is in the 2nd floor Lobby Lounge, and breakfast is served in The Cafe - main hotel restaurant - for all Plat+ Elite guests.
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2008, 8:12 am
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
i have to agree with those who find the platinum upgrade process a bit frustrating here. my experience is that they have a fair number of regulars ( a number that seems to have been much larger in prior years ) who are taken care of very well. it is the occasional platinum guest who expects to be treated like a real platinum ( and rightfully so ) who is slighted and treated like just another guest. i tend to attribute it to the hong kong way of doing business although it appears from posts in this thread that others certainly have more positive experiences at other hotels. i am sort of looking forward to the opening of the new hyatt hotel around the corner from the sheraton in the hopes it makes them a bit more customer friendly and lowers the rates.
as to upgrades from the main hotel to the towers, i think that upgrade is not very likely.

having said all this i am looking forward to my five nights in the towers in two weeks.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 3:18 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by abk
in my dreams i stay at the landmark mo and don't worry about the bill. the sheraton is not even in the same league. the w is so geographically undesirable compared to the landmark that it is not even a close call. if it were me and i felt compelled to move i would either stay at the original mandarin which has been remodeled or either the 4 seasons at ifc or the island shangrila. those are hard decisions but unless you need more nights for platinum go for the gusto..
The MO is far superior, but it is usually 2x the cost, ignoring breakfast, pressing, wireless, etc. The new remodeling of the original MO is very nice.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 3:19 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by aussiechris
Nevsky,

PM me and I will give you Natasha's email (Towers Manager) at the Sheraton.
She is an Aussie and a wonderful host. Don't leave an upgrade to chance ( =Hope) Upgrades are too important to leave to chance
I didn't meet her but saw her in the Towers, and I wish I had introduced myself.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 10:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Silver VIP, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by el_tigre
The reason that the Towers upgrade is now 2,750 points per night is because the hotel's category increased earlier this year. Not only did the award redemption for free nights increase, but their upgrade awards did too. When it was a category 4, the upgrade was only 1,500 points per night. Now that it's a category 5, the cost is now 2,750.
I just booked a Deluxe King Towers room for 3 nights in Feb. 2009 and it only cost me 2,500 pts/night. Off-peak season perhaps? Nonetheless, we are looking forward to our first trip to HKG and stay at this wonderful property, whether my Gold status gets us a better Towers room or not
Old Dec 9, 2008, 1:16 pm

Programs: NW Silver, CO Silver,SPG Gold, USMint Presidential, Chase/BA 100k, Airtran Wendy's cups
Sheraton Hong Kong

Wasn't this property a SPG category 3 not to long ago? I feel category 5 is a little high for this property. Any one have any thought about this property? I'm trying to decide if its worth spending the miles when rates are pretty cheap here?

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Dec 9, 2008 at 7:03 pm Reason: Moved into hotel master thread where poster will find recent hotel reports
Old Dec 19, 2008, 11:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, HH GOLD, PP
Platinum upgrade?

I skimmed through the comments from this thread and concluded the following regarding upgrades for Platinum SPG (if book in a standard room):

If the room booked is a standard garden/city room, the platinum upgrade is to a standard room with harbor view or to the executive one bedroom suite with garden/city view. Lounge access for the 9th floor lounge or continental bkfst. Seldom is there a towers upgrade unless points are used to upgrade.

-----

Given non-platinums can use points to upgrade to the tower, what upgrade is given for platinum status if the platinum member uses points to upgrade to towers?

Also, if the room booked is a towers deluxe room city/garden view which includes towers lounge access, what upgrade is offered to platinums...is it an upgrade to a towers harbor view room or towers executive one bedroom suite (based on availability)?
Old Dec 19, 2008, 11:47 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by jurisdr
...Seldom is there a towers upgrade unless points are used to upgrade.
Or unless you book a towers room to begin with.

Given non-platinums can use points to upgrade to the tower, what upgrade is given for platinum status if the platinum member uses points to upgrade to towers?
You might be able to be upgraded to a towers room with a harbor view or a city/garden view suite in the towers level, subject to availability.

Also, if the room booked is a towers deluxe room city/garden view which includes towers lounge access, what upgrade is offered to platinums...is it an upgrade to a towers harbor view room or towers executive one bedroom suite (based on availability)?
Same as above. This hotel plays it strictly according to the rules and nothing more, which means that a towers harbor view suite is not ever going to be given away as a complimentary upgrade, even if you book a towers level room.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Dec 19, 2008, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, HH GOLD, PP
Thanks for the clarification, Starwood Lurker. ^

I'll be in HK in a few weeks. This info contributes to my decision regarding which room to book for my stay.
Old Dec 28, 2008, 5:33 pm

gold upgrades?

My friend is travelling to HK this weekend and is staying at the Sheraton HK for 2 nights booked in a city view room in the main section (he is Gold). Has anybody had experience with upgrades for a Gold member, if any, at this hotel?

He's debating whether to use points to secure the upgrade instead.
Thanks
Old Dec 28, 2008, 9:36 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by doesun
My friend is travelling to HK this weekend and is staying at the Sheraton HK for 2 nights booked in a city view room in the main section (he is Gold). Has anybody had experience with upgrades for a Gold member, if any, at this hotel?

He's debating whether to use points to secure the upgrade instead.
Thanks
they are not giving anything away here. use what i think is 2500 points per night to upgrade to a towers room if available. that is the best deal possible.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 5:10 pm

Programs: AP, AS, BAEC, HH, SPG, FPC, PC
Dining but not staying at the hotel

Did a quick search but couldn't find the answer. Can anyone please tell me whether I can accumulated SPG points for dining that the HK Sheraton hotel restaurant without staying at the hotel (hence, can't charge to my room). Thanks.

ST
Old Dec 31, 2008, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by Si_Ting_ca
Did a quick search but couldn't find the answer. Can anyone please tell me whether I can accumulated SPG points for dining that the HK Sheraton hotel restaurant without staying at the hotel (hence, can't charge to my room). Thanks.

ST
Yes, you can. Just show your SPG card.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 9:46 pm
DCF

Programs: Etihad Guest
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Or unless you book a towers room to begin with.

You might be able to be upgraded to a towers room with a harbor view or a city/garden view suite in the towers level, subject to availability.

Same as above. This hotel plays it strictly according to the rules and nothing more, which means that a towers harbor view suite is not ever going to be given away as a complimentary upgrade, even if you book a towers level room.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
William has done a superb job of explaining why so many of us who are loyal SPG Platinums never go anywhere near this hotel.

Properties are quite at liberty to apply the letter of the law with upgrades. I spent 42 nights in 4 years at the Bora Bora Nui because it went that extra mile and upgraded Platinums to the best overwater suite even though they were already booked into a suite. I avoid the Resort at Singer Island like the plague because it says "your room is already a suite, so we owe you nothing".

I presume that the Sheraton HK is satisfied with the fact that so many of us Platinums head straight for the Mandarin Orientals and is meeting its targets anyway. Good luck to them.
Old Jan 1, 2009, 10:54 am
abk

last time i was at the hotel, i looked up my reservation history there and i have just had my 10 year anniversary staying at this hotel. it used to be you would see the same faces in the lounge each trip. now, there appear to be so few platinums staying here that the lounge is often empty.
Old Jan 1, 2009, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by abk
............ it used to be you would see the same faces in the lounge each trip. now, there appear to be so few platinums staying here that the lounge is often empty.
the lounge is depressing...

aloha

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.