Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
As of June 2023, evening service is in the 2nd floor Lobby Lounge, and breakfast is served in The Cafe - main hotel restaurant - for all Plat+ Elite guests.
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2009, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cornellalum
how does this hotel deal with early check-ins? my flight arrives around 7am in the morning.
My flight's arrival time was in the reservations and the hotel was not fully booked, and as a Platinum they had a room ready for me when I checked in at 10am. Probably if they had been sold out I would have had to wait, and am sure my being elite was factored in.

As usual, make sure that your reservation contains your arrival time and flight information.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 10:08 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by paranoid
If the Main House and the Tower were regarded as Two seperate properties, Starwood should make it clear on its website and does not make the Tower appear in the reservation when we just book a room in the main house. Just my 2 cents.
If they are regarded as two seperate properties, could we do a mattress run by staying one night in the Sheraton Hotel and the next night in the Sheraton Towers and get 2 stay credits?
Old Feb 21, 2009, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by yosithezet
If they are regarded as two seperate properties, could we do a mattress run by staying one night in the Sheraton Hotel and the next night in the Sheraton Towers and get 2 stay credits?
No
Old Feb 22, 2009, 8:15 am

Programs: HHonor Gold;Hyatt Diamond;SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Sorry, yosithezet. My post caused you some misunderstandings. Officially, they are regarded as one property. So it's impossible to do a mattress run the way you wish. If you read carefully, I used the verb WERE, not are.

Anyway, I am still at a loss what's the difference between the definition of Executive Club and that of the Tower. Maybe just an official excuse to exclude Plats from the upgrade. As Lurkers previously pointed out, they are NOT violating T&C if they deny the upgrade to the Tower.

However, 2500 pts(upgrade to the Tower) is not a bad deal.

Last edited by paranoid; Feb 22, 2009 at 8:23 am
Old Mar 31, 2009, 2:30 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Mrs. Goodman and I just completed a three day Cash and Points stay here sandwiched between two one-night stays at the W. As a plat, we were offered our choice of a suite with no view or a standard room with a harbor view. We chose to pay 2,500 points per night to upgrade to Towers and were given the same choice of rooms on a Towers floor. This being our first visit to HK, we chose the view and weren't disappointed. Towers breakfast was excellent and they remembered our room number and name after our first visit. The lounge had afternoon tea service and three hours of evening cocktails and appetizers. We definitely felt like the Towers benefits were worth the price in points, though it was a bit tough after two resort stays in Thailand where some of the same basic benefits were offered at no cost to Plats.

We were quite happy with our stay. The views are amazing and the location convenient for tourists like us. The W is obviously newer and the rooms fancier, but the Sheraton wins on location (and Towers benefits too).
Old Apr 27, 2009, 4:36 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Tower lounge

I am booking a room in Hong Kong for 3 people, and all of us will be on our first visit to HK. I'm pretty much settled on the Sheraton, using extra points for the Tower upgrade, but I am wondering--if I book an upgraded Tower room and pay the extra daily fee for the third guest, will all three of us automatically get Tower lounge access, or does it work like Platinum upgrades to Club level rooms elsewhere and you only get access for two guests? If only 2 of us get access then I'm leaning more toward the W.

Also, are there any other aspects of the Sheraton that might result in extra charges for 3 people? For example a check-in to the fitness center or pool area?

(I know that, from the room descriptions, it sounds like it will be a bit of a squeeze for three at either property, but that part is bearable.)
Old Apr 27, 2009, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by colerc
I am booking a room in Hong Kong for 3 people, and all of us will be on our first visit to HK. I'm pretty much settled on the Sheraton, using extra points for the Tower upgrade, but I am wondering--if I book an upgraded Tower room and pay the extra daily fee for the third guest, will all three of us automatically get Tower lounge access, or does it work like Platinum upgrades to Club level rooms elsewhere and you only get access for two guests? If only 2 of us get access then I'm leaning more toward the W.

Also, are there any other aspects of the Sheraton that might result in extra charges for 3 people? For example a check-in to the fitness center or pool area?

(I know that, from the room descriptions, it sounds like it will be a bit of a squeeze for three at either property, but that part is bearable.)
i Just came back from 3 night stay at Sheraton HKG. they are very strict about the towers. i booked the highest category Tower room, that is Harbor view Deluxe tower room hoping for suite upgrade. they did upgrade to Suite but garden view, i asked for harbor view suite they say they only have 4 harbor view suite and not open for upgrade. i declined the none harbor view suite and stayed at the room i booked. the room was ok in size but it will be very tight for 3 people, so be careful.

i went to the gym/pool area on the 17th floor and there was no charge. i am platinum.

the towers amenities are great. free internet and local calls, free suite/dress pressing every day. 100HKD laundry allowance every day and 20% discount on every dry cleaning. free breakfast at the restaurant on the 17 floor of at the Cafe in the lobby. ( i liked the Cafe more than the top floor restaurant)

i also stayed 3 night at the W hotel. i got Marvelous suite upgrade with a panoramic views of the harbor and HKG island. the W is much much much better than the sheraton. and dont worry about the W location. i am not a subway, tram bus guy at all, but i used the HKG train service and i liked it. very clean and organized and the best of all it is only few steps from your W room.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 8:34 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by colerc
Dearest colerc,

According to the T&Cs, a property will not allow free access for the third guest.

"Access to Towers Level is determined by each individual property. These benefits are limited to the member and one guest IF that guest is in the same room as the member. "

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Old Apr 27, 2009, 8:39 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
Dearest colerc,

According to the T&Cs, a property will not allow free access for the third guest.

"Access to Towers Level is determined by each individual property. These benefits are limited to the member and one guest IF that guest is in the same room as the member. "

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Thanks--W it is then!
Old May 9, 2009, 7:19 am

Thanks everybody for all the info in this thread, especially abk. I originally booked a regular award room as a plat, but called and changed it to a tower award room. For me, it will be the first time staying on the Kowloon side.

-David
Old May 11, 2009, 7:03 am

Checked in this evening, and I'm in my harbor view tower room on the 16th floor. Great views, nice room. The lounge is nice, but can't compare food-wise to the Hyatt across the harbor. I'm not really complaining, I had no Hyatt points to book my usual HKG property, so this worked out great and we have this really nice room, with all the amenities and the great views and nice location for us. (ok, one of the appetizers was basically a tuna fish mini-sandwich. And the two deserts were really not very good at all. I think if they fixed the food in that lounge, they would have a great property, and that type of stuff is expected in a place like HKG. I rate the food selections as average to below average. I'm hoping they redeem themselves at breakfast and at afternoon tea, if I get to try the afternoon tea.)

Thanks again.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; May 11, 2009 at 7:09 am
Old May 12, 2009, 3:57 am

We missed afternoon tea today, but this evening they had Vegetable Samosas and Tandoori Chicken appetizers, along with some better looking mini sandwiches, crackers and cheese, etc. The indian appetizers were pretty good. I didn't try the deserts tonight but there was a flan-looking thing with a strawberry on top of it that looked good.

-David
Old May 12, 2009, 8:23 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
We missed afternoon tea today, but this evening they had Vegetable Samosas and Tandoori Chicken appetizers, along with some better looking mini sandwiches, crackers and cheese, etc. The indian appetizers were pretty good. I didn't try the deserts tonight but there was a flan-looking thing with a strawberry on top of it that looked good.

-David
Sounds like similar offerings to what we had in March. We did tea one day and the food tray that came with it was pretty generous and quite tasty.
Old May 12, 2009, 9:05 am

view from our room on the 16th floor.

This was taken yesterday when we arrived. Today, the building under construction in the foreground on the right side is covered with huge billboard ads.

Old May 12, 2009, 8:56 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
view from our room on the 16th floor.

This was taken yesterday when we arrived. Today, the building under construction in the foreground on the right side is covered with huge billboard ads.

sounds like you are having a good time. if you want a really great view go to aqua at 1 peking place. it is about 6 or 7 blocks from the hotel and the view from the bar is wonderful ( better than felix's at the pen imho). food is expensive-- but the chinese place on the floor below is a bit more reasonable and also very cool.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.