Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
As of June 2023, evening service is in the 2nd floor Lobby Lounge, and breakfast is served in The Cafe - main hotel restaurant - for all Plat+ Elite guests.
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2008, 7:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
Hi Fly me to the moon,

I hope to answer this in the simplest way so that you can get what I am trying to say.

LOL.... I have reported this to the property. Either I will update this thread within the next few hours or William will do so.

[email protected]
FmttM, if I was you Id garb the C&P for the 3 days just in case that was the error. they wont take it away, but if it was the error you might not see it available agian when putting in all 3 days at 1 time.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by craz
FmttM, if I was you Id garb the C&P for the 3 days just in case that was the error. they wont take it away, but if it was the error you might not see it available agian when putting in all 3 days at 1 time.
Done already before I posted in this thread. The reservation wasn't for me, but I gave the same advice.

Craz, thanks for your hint anyway!
Old Aug 7, 2008, 9:06 am
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
this hotel has been playing games with their rates for a while now.
Old Aug 11, 2008, 3:09 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Dear Fly me to the moon,

The property has been notified on this issue and while they are currently working on it, please inform your friend or anyone who is looking into staying at the property during these dates to contact the property directly.

Currently this is the update I have.

[email protected]
Old Aug 23, 2008, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by josep
I followed your advice. I just booked a towers room city view (for 14500 pts/night), they didn't offer towers harbour view with points.
I just did the same thing for a night in Nov. Now I just need to contact them about leaving a bag for a few hours after I check out, as my flight to ICN doesn't leave until just after midnight. I'm spending my first few nights in a harbour view at they Y (which, kind of surprisingly, I've read good things about), so a bit of a city view might be nice.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 8:57 am
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by chuckd
I just did the same thing for a night in Nov. Now I just need to contact them about leaving a bag for a few hours after I check out, as my flight to ICN doesn't leave until just after midnight. I'm spending my first few nights in a harbour view at they Y (which, kind of surprisingly, I've read good things about), so a bit of a city view might be nice.
you really do not need to contact them about leaving a bag until your flight ... they are set up to do that sort of thing without any problem. as to the y, i have not stayed there but the location is only 2 blocks from the sheraton and i have also heard good things about it. i am curious as to what a harbor view there costs?
Old Aug 24, 2008, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by abk
as to the y, i have not stayed there but the location is only 2 blocks from the sheraton and i have also heard good things about it. i am curious as to what a harbor view there costs?
$170ish for a non-suite with a view, which seems cheap for HKG based on my limited browsing. Having never been before I know nothing of the area, I'm just hoping there are bars nearby.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 7:49 pm
abk

your location is fine for that. for total high end go to aqua on the top of 1 peking road. this is now cooler than felix's on the top of the pen. for an irish pub around the corner go to delaneys. the best bar in the area ( my personal favorite ) after 9:00pm is hari's on the mezzanine of the holiday inn golden mile ( about 4 or 5 blocks ). if you want to walk a bit more or take a short ride go to sticky fingers across from the royal garden hotel.

for restaurants and bars around dinner time go to knutsford terrace. about a 10 minute walk but all the choices you can imagine.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 5:18 am

Programs: AA:PLT&3MM, HGP:DIA, SPG:GOLD
Number of points for Towers upgrade upped

Stayed at the Sheraton Towers this week. I booked a non-Towers room using Cash & Points. At check-in, as a Platinum the complimentary upgrade offered was a "harbor view" standard room in the "Main House" (which would normally cost 1,750 points per night). I didn't push this so I don't know if I could have scored a suite in the main house.

Based on recommendations here, I decided to pay up to the Towers section instead. It cost me 2,750 points per night. What I got was a standard room with harbor view in one of the Towers floors. I guess this is an increase from the 1,500 points that I read elsewhere on this thread.

The following may have been covered here a few times before but I thought I'd update on some of the Towers amenities included:

- HKD100 laundry allowance per day, non-accumulative. [To give you an idea, underwear @HKD30; sports shirt @HKG70]

- Complimentary pressing of 1 suit or 1 dress per day [Instead of a suit, a top and a pair of pants will also do.]

- Towers Lounge access (0700-2400) with afternoon tea (1430-1630) and happy hour (1700-2000) [Very basic stuff. Nothing to write home about.]

- Choice of breakfast at the Towers Lounge on the 16/F, Oyster and Wine Bar on the 18/F or Room Service where you could order anything on the door knob menu [Portions in the Chinese and Japanese Breakfasts have shrunk in size from a year ago! E.g. the bowl of Chinese congee used to be a ginormous bowl and the dimsum selection used be in a normal size bamboo steamer. Now they're tiny.]

- Complimentary wired Internet connection ^ [But for some reason it can't be shared when the Ethernet cable is hooked up to a travel router. Have to figure this one out. FWIW the service provider is Maginet.]

- Complimentary use of Towers Board Room for two hours
Old Sep 19, 2008, 11:15 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bp888
I decided to pay up to the Towers section instead. It cost me 2,750 points per night. What I got was a standard room with harbor view in one of the Towers floors. I guess this is an increase from the 1,500 points that I read elsewhere on this thread.
The reason that the Towers upgrade is now 2,750 points per night is because the hotel's category increased earlier this year. Not only did the award redemption for free nights increase, but their upgrade awards did too. When it was a category 4, the upgrade was only 1,500 points per night. Now that it's a category 5, the cost is now 2,750.
Old Sep 20, 2008, 12:02 am
abk

Stayed at the Sheraton Towers this week. I booked a non-Towers room using Cash & Points. At check-in, as a Platinum the complimentary upgrade offered was a "harbor view" standard room in the "Main House" (which would normally cost 1,750 points per night). I didn't push this so I don't know if I could have scored a suite in the main house.

Based on recommendations here, I decided to pay up to the Towers section instead. It cost me 2,750 points per night. What I got was a standard room with harbor view in one of the Towers floors. I guess this is an increase from the 1,500 points that I read elsewhere on this thread.

The following may have been covered here a few times before but I thought I'd update on some of the Towers amenities included:

- HKD100 laundry allowance per day, non-accumulative. [To give you an idea, underwear @HKD30; sports shirt @HKG70]

- Complimentary pressing of 1 suit or 1 dress per day [Instead of a suit, a top and a pair of pants will also do.]

- Towers Lounge access (0700-2400) with afternoon tea (1430-1630) and happy hour (1700-2000) [Very basic stuff. Nothing to write home about.]

- Choice of breakfast at the Towers Lounge on the 16/F, Oyster and Wine Bar on the 18/F or Room Service where you could order anything on the door knob menu [Portions in the Chinese and Japanese Breakfasts have shrunk in size from a year ago! E.g. the bowl of Chinese congee used to be a ginormous bowl and the dimsum selection used be in a normal size bamboo steamer. Now they're tiny.]

- Complimentary wired Internet connection ^ [But for some reason it can't be shared when the Ethernet cable is hooked up to a travel router. Have to figure this one out. FWIW the service provider is Maginet.]

- Complimentary use of Towers Board Room for two hours
i was in the hotel also this week. stayed in the main house and we had a pretty good crowd in the 9th floor platinum lounge. fyi in the future, for platinums the hotel considers the harbor view upgrade a better upgrade then the executive suites which are in the back of the hotel and have no view. if you desire space over view, send them an email and they will generally accommodate you.
Old Sep 20, 2008, 3:00 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Wireless in room is also complimentary.
Old Sep 20, 2008, 4:35 am

Prefer the suite if my family is around, more space for luggages and shopping.

Originally Posted by abk
i was in the hotel also this week. stayed in the main house and we had a pretty good crowd in the 9th floor platinum lounge. fyi in the future, for platinums the hotel considers the harbor view upgrade a better upgrade then the executive suites which are in the back of the hotel and have no view. if you desire space over view, send them an email and they will generally accommodate you.
Old Sep 20, 2008, 6:57 am

Towers upgrade given

^I am in the middle of a school holidays 7 day stay with my family.
I booked 2 harbour view deluxe rooms and was upgraded to 2 Towers Deluxe Harbour view rooms when I arrived 4 days ago.
I have been well looked after and have appreciated the many Towers benefits with 2 interconnecting 17th floor rooms.
Breakfasts have been fantastic and I have am enjoying the free internet and daily HKD100 laundry allowance. My family likes the daily drinks and food served at 5PM before we venture out shopping. Hotel has a great location and I also checked out the W Hong Kong that was opened when we visited the sublime Elements shopping Centre yesterday. This location is not as family friendly as this Hotel but the W HK is an impressive Hotel as we toured the building looking around. It has a soft opening at the moment.
My impression is that you need to stay in the Towers section to enjoy the full benefits and care of this Hotel.^
Old Oct 4, 2008, 2:17 pm

How convenient is this Sheraton to the Convention Center?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.