Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
As of June 2023, evening service is in the 2nd floor Lobby Lounge, and breakfast is served in The Cafe - main hotel restaurant - for all Plat+ Elite guests.
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2008, 6:52 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by Aircoco
We are booking 2 rooms for 2 nights at the Sheraton HK next week. Do they offer Platinum benefits for both rooms?

Is the main hotel rooms really that horrible? Old and torn?

Thanks.
I can't comment on whether they will upgrade both rooms. The hotel is platinum friendly. As a platinum you will usually be upgraded to either a Harbor View Deluxe Room which is rather small, but has a great view or a city view suite. As a platinum you have access to the small lounge on the 9th floor and are offered continental breakfast at the Cafe on 2/L.
Old Jun 19, 2008, 9:37 am
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by Aircoco
We are booking 2 rooms for 2 nights at the Sheraton HK next week. Do they offer Platinum benefits for both rooms?

Is the main hotel rooms really that horrible? Old and torn?

Thanks.
i always book for myself and my assistant and they always give me the benefilts and do not give them to her. as to the rooms, they were all remodeled at the same time and are more or less exactly the same in the main hotel and the towers.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Harbor View Deluxe Room Review

As I finally got the photos posted to flickr, I thought it about time I posted a review of my stay at this hotel back in May. I checked in around 12:45am, having arrived late into HKG on SU's SVO-HKG flight. The check-in clerk was exceptionally friendly, but I was initially disappointed that my Plat upgrade was only to a "Harbor View Deluxe Room." It was late, and I was only in town for a day, so I didn't press for a suite. It turned out that the Harbor View Deluxe was nicely appointed, and had a great view. I probably wouldn't be too happy in such a small room for an extended stay, but it was fine for an evening. IIRC, I was also offered free Continental Breakfast in the downstairs restaurant as a Plat, or a discounted rate on full breakfast. Now, for the obligatory photos:

The Hotel

The Lower Lobby

The Bedroom

Work Desk w/view of TV & Bathroom

(One odd feature of the bathroom was that the shower was adjacent to the tub. The showerheads were mounted on the wall to the side of the Tub, and sprayed downwards onto an enclosed, marble-tiled area with a drain in the floor. The window into the bedroom was also an interesting touch).

(The stunning views of Hong Kong Island from the room were what really enhanced my enjoyment of this hotel. Had I received this room as a Plat upgrade without the view, I doubt I would have come away from this hotel nearly as satisfied as I was).

Overall, my brief stay at this property was quite pleasant. I would definitely consider returning if I find myself in Hong Kong again. However, I think I might press a bit harder for a suite upgrade the next time around.

Last edited by Anglo Large Clawed Otter; Oct 30, 2008 at 10:35 am
Old Jul 8, 2008, 9:41 am

Have updated my TR with a review of this property:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...6&postcount=13

Old Jul 8, 2008, 12:09 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by QF009
Have updated my TR with a review of this property:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...6&postcount=13

read your review and fyi there are actually two size harbor view rooms. as you exit the elevator the first rooms are the standard rooms and as you walk down the long hallway you will notice a turn to the left at which point the rooms are larger by the length of that slight turn.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by abk
read your review and fyi there are actually two size harbor view rooms. as you exit the elevator the first rooms are the standard rooms and as you walk down the long hallway you will notice a turn to the left at which point the rooms are larger by the length of that slight turn.
yeah the deluxe harbor rooms or something. im sure mine was the standard one as anything smaller would've been a shoebox.
Old Jul 18, 2008, 9:47 pm

I booked to stay at this hotel next week using SPG.com, after which I got my usual immediate confirmation e-mail.

When I subsequently retrieved my booking from SPG.com, I noticed that my e-mail address on record with SPG.com had been changed to my old, long out-of-date corporate e-mail from at least 8 years ago (!) when I last stayed there!

I've amended my details and so far it hasn't been overwritten again. But it seems like a downright dumb idea to overwrite up-to-date guest data from SPG.com with old guest data just because you happen to have a returning guest file on record.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 4:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador elite & lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Emirates Plat, Flying Blue Plat
I need your advice.
I'm booking 2 rooms in the Sheraton Hong Kong for the 7th Aug, then 2 rooms for the 16th Aug. I don't have status now (well, SPG Corporate Preferred to be precise).

I'd like to have at least one of the rooms with views over the Harbour.

When checking availability I only get one rate (SPG Award rooms) and 4 different options: King/2Singles and Smoking/Non-Smoking, they all mention Deluxe and Garden/Citiview; none with Harbour view.

1) If I use just points (12000 per night), can I use some extra points for an upgrade to a Harbour view? Is the upgrade guaranteed in advance?

2) If I use Cash + Points (4800 + 90$), can I still use points for an upgrade?

3) Btw, about Cash + points, on the rules I read that cash+points can only be used in Asia Pacific in category 2 hotels. Sheratong Hong Kong is cat 5 but I still get the option to book cash+points on the web. Is this a mistake?

Thanks!

Last edited by josep; Jul 22, 2008 at 4:58 pm
Old Jul 22, 2008, 6:13 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
You need to call the reservations department. This hotel does, at times, offer upgraded rooms for upgraded points.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 6:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador elite & lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Emirates Plat, Flying Blue Plat
Originally Posted by sbrower
You need to call the reservations department. This hotel does, at times, offer upgraded rooms for upgraded points.
I'll do that. I guess phone is better that online sometimes...
Old Jul 22, 2008, 8:26 pm
abk

you definitely need to call and when you ask how many points for a harbor view also ask how many points for a towers room with and without harbor view. i would actually take a towers room without a harbor view as opposed to a harbor view non-towers first if the points are close. reasons being that with a towers room you have breakfast in the sky lounge with a fabulous harbor view and cocktails and snacks in the towers lounge also with a great view. in addition you get free internet and a laundry allowance.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by abk
you definitely need to call and when you ask how many points for a harbor view also ask how many points for a towers room with and without harbor view. i would actually take a towers room without a harbor view as
I followed your advice. I just booked a towers room city view (for 14500 pts/night), they didn't offer towers harbour view with points. A regular Deluxe room with harbour view was available for 13500 pts).

Difficult, but I'll hope for an upgrade to a tower harbour view room (I'm corporate preferred).

I thought that spg.com would return all possible choices available, but apparently not, not in this hotel at least.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 2:08 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by josep
...I thought that spg.com would return all possible choices available, but apparently not, not in this hotel at least.
Not as far as upgraded award rooms are concerned. Those have to be booked through the Customer Contact Center. Only standard rooms can be booked online.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Aug 6, 2008, 10:14 pm

Rate Anomaly?

Lurker:

Please see if you can check and advise why below is occurring:

I have been checking availability on spg.com for Sheraton Hong Kong for 13-16.Sep.08.

If I check each day separately, I get the following BAR rates, all for a Deluxe Non-Smoking King Garden or City View Room:
- 13-14.Sep: HKD 1,900/night
- 14-15.Sep: HKD 1,900/night
- 15-16.Sep: HKD 2,050/night

And, checking the nights individually, C&P reservation is available for 15-16.Sep only.

However, if I check 13-16.Sep as ONE reservation, the BAR rate goes up to HKD 2,450/night for the entire period. BUT, I get C&P availability for all three nights.

Why can this be?
Old Aug 7, 2008, 2:21 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
Lurker:

Please see if you can check and advise why below is occurring:

I have been checking availability on spg.com for Sheraton Hong Kong for 13-16.Sep.08.

If I check each day separately, I get the following BAR rates, all for a Deluxe Non-Smoking King Garden or City View Room:
- 13-14.Sep: HKD 1,900/night
- 14-15.Sep: HKD 1,900/night
- 15-16.Sep: HKD 2,050/night

And, checking the nights individually, C&P reservation is available for 15-16.Sep only.

However, if I check 13-16.Sep as ONE reservation, the BAR rate goes up to HKD 2,450/night for the entire period. BUT, I get C&P availability for all three nights.

Why can this be?
Hi Fly me to the moon,

I hope to answer this in the simplest way so that you can get what I am trying to say.

LOL.... I have reported this to the property. Either I will update this thread within the next few hours or William will do so.

[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.