Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
As of June 2023, evening service is in the 2nd floor Lobby Lounge, and breakfast is served in The Cafe - main hotel restaurant - for all Plat+ Elite guests.
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2008, 2:53 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by best
How convenient is this Sheraton to the Convention Center?
it is across the harbor from the convention center. you can either walk to the star ferry and take it to the convention center or take the mtr which very close to the hotel. either way it would take around 1/2 hour to get there.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 4:32 pm
cxn

Just a side note, if you are leaving before the restaurant opens and you are plat, you can order room service instead. Nice to have some OJ, Fruit and Tea before heading out early in the morning.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 10:10 am

Programs: Bonvoy LifetimeTitanium, UA Plat 2MM, LHW LeadersClub, IHGPlat, HiltonDiamnd, ASMVPG100K, WyndDiamnd
I am trying to decide what to do as a Platinum. I will start my stay at the Landmark MO (which does not have a lounge) in a deluxe room (through Amex FHR—not sure how they upgrade here) and am thinking of moving to either a deluxe tower at the Sheraton or a Fabulous Room at the W for a couple of days. Not sure I will move, but probably will.

I like the lounge at the Sheraton, but the standard rooms are so small, I would not move unless I was fairly confident of an upgrade. The W seems like it might be fun. No lounge. Not the best location, but not too bad. The rooms are fairly large (even if not upgraded to a suite, although that would be hoped for).

Any suggestions, especially if have stayed at any of the above very recently?

The Sheraton and the W will be a little bit cheaper, but most important I want a great stay (and not in a small room).
Old Oct 5, 2008, 10:07 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by Nevsky
I am trying to decide what to do as a Platinum. I will start my stay at the Landmark MO (which does not have a lounge) in a deluxe room (through Amex FHR—not sure how they upgrade here) and am thinking of moving to either a deluxe tower at the Sheraton or a Fabulous Room at the W for a couple of days. Not sure I will move, but probably will.

I like the lounge at the Sheraton, but the standard rooms are so small, I would not move unless I was fairly confident of an upgrade. The W seems like it might be fun. No lounge. Not the best location, but not too bad. The rooms are fairly large (even if not upgraded to a suite, although that would be hoped for).

The Sheraton and the W will be a little bit cheaper, but most important I want a great stay (and not in a small room).
in my dreams i stay at the landmark mo and don't worry about the bill. the sheraton is not even in the same league. the w is so geographically undesirable compared to the landmark that it is not even a close call. if it were me and i felt compelled to move i would either stay at the original mandarin which has been remodeled or either the 4 seasons at ifc or the island shangrila. those are hard decisions but unless you need more nights for platinum go for the gusto..
Old Oct 6, 2008, 11:37 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LifetimeTitanium, UA Plat 2MM, LHW LeadersClub, IHGPlat, HiltonDiamnd, ASMVPG100K, WyndDiamnd
Originally Posted by abk
in my dreams i stay at the landmark mo and don't worry about the bill. the sheraton is not even in the same league. the w is so geographically undesirable compared to the landmark that it is not even a close call. if it were me and i felt compelled to move i would either stay at the original mandarin which has been remodeled or either the 4 seasons at ifc or the island shangrila. those are hard decisions but unless you need more nights for platinum go for the gusto..
Which is better the Landmark or the Mandarin Oriental? Have you stayed at the W? I reserved a Fabulous Room at the W. Hoping for an upgrade. At the Landmark I might get an FHR upgrade.

I have pretty much decided against the Sheraton, even though they have treated me fairly well before and like to have a lounge. Still, I find they are somewhat stingy in the upgrade area. If stuck in the 25 Sq meter room, it will be way too small for two of us. I find it small for one.
Old Oct 7, 2008, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by Nevsky

Nevsky,

PM me and I will give you Natasha's email (Towers Manager) at the Sheraton.
She is an Aussie and a wonderful host. Don't leave an upgrade to chance ( =Hope) Upgrades are too important to leave to chance
Old Nov 18, 2008, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Having just returned from a couple nights at the Sheraton HK Hotel and Towers, I have a few concluding thoughts.

I am disappointed that if you have a confirmed Towers non-harbor view room, their upgrade policy for Platinums is to upgrade to either a non-harbor view suite (I was shown one facing the back) or standard harbor view rooms. The "best room available" concept eludes them and is specifically applied to exclude harbor view suites at this hotel. I am not talking about specialty suites, just standard suites facing the harbor.

I was not aware of the laundry and pressing benefits, which are nice and which include: 1 free item for pressing per person per day and a laundry credit of HKG 200 per person per day (for reference, one shirt costs HKD 80).

I was also not aware that free breakfast includes whatever you want from room service, which is also nice.

Towers benefits also include free wired internet connection (ethernet extension cord is available).

I would say if the hotel upgraded Platinums to a harbor view suite, the decision between the Sheraton and the W would be easier.

Collectively, though, the Towers offers a fair amount of value (ignoring the evening cocktails and hors d'oeuvres).

Last edited by nologic; Nov 20, 2008 at 12:03 am Reason: Moved from HKG W thread to Sheraton thread
Old Nov 18, 2008, 7:02 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by nologic
Having just returned from a couple nights at the Sheraton HK Hotel and Towers, I have a few concluding thoughts.
Hi nologic,

Just to confirm that this is about Sheraton HK, am I right?

Thank you.

[email protected]
Old Nov 18, 2008, 7:23 pm

Towers Harbour View Upgrades no problem

post deleted as duplicated

Last edited by aussiechris; Nov 18, 2008 at 8:30 pm Reason: post deleted
Old Nov 18, 2008, 8:11 pm
abk

regarding your towers stay and comments on the upgrade policy, although i am not a complete expert on this, i think that you will find that there are only a few harbor view suites on the towers floors. in ten years of stays (averaging 20 to 25 days a year) in the main house and towers i have never got a true harbor view suite. i always choose the executive suite with the bad view and my buddy chooses the one that looks at the pen ( with a partial harbor view ??? and elevator noise) as opposed to the harbor view rooms. please also note that there are two size harbor view rooms. the ones close to the elevator are smaller than those down the hall. you can tell by when the harbor hallway bumps out and then you are at the bigger rooms. don't feel to slighted as i don't think they were really holding out on you. they have alot of regulars there who may have gotten the very few harbor view suites or others may have actually paid for them.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Recollecting the floor layout I believe there is only one harbour view suite at the the very far end of the corridor. So, how many FULL Towers floors are there. Is it two? Or is it only 16?

What I do not understand is how the OP was downgraded from a Towers Harbour view room to a normal Harbour view room. The Towers is treated as a seperate hotel and I have rarely been upgraded from the main hotel to the Towers and never ever been downgraded from the Towers to the main hotel. My standard rate for the towers is 2300 for a non harbour view room (the upgrade to HV is the standard) compared to 1800 for a room in the main hotel. The 500 are well invested (pressing, laundry 100k, breakfast, internet) and would not be more than my normal incidentials.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 8:55 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Recollecting the floor layout I believe there is only one harbour view suite at the the very far end of the corridor. So, how many FULL Towers floors are there. Is it two? Or is it only 16?

What I do not understand is how the OP was downgraded from a Towers Harbour view room to a normal Harbour view room. The Towers is treated as a seperate hotel and I have rarely been upgraded from the main hotel to the Towers and never ever been downgraded from the Towers to the main hotel. My standard rate for the towers is 2300 for a non harbour view room (the upgrade to HV is the standard) compared to 1800 for a room in the main hotel. The 500 are well invested (pressing, laundry 100k, breakfast, internet) and would not be more than my normal incidentials.
I bolded the above statement and not sure I understand who you are talking about? If you are talking about the situation with Nologic they had booked a towers non-harbour view room.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 12:12 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
So, it sounds like they have one or two standard harbor view suites, which they exclude from SPG upgrades, and 3/4 "partial" harbor view suites, which they include in the Platinum upgrade program. I presume they also have a Presidential Suite, I am not proposing they upgrade Platinums to the Presidential Suite, but the harbor view suites should be eligible for upgrades on a space available basis, IMO. Instead they hold them out and charge for those upgrades.

Last edited by nologic; Nov 21, 2008 at 3:23 am
Old Nov 20, 2008, 5:58 am

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Reading this thread, I've come to realize why I've given up on the Sheraton Hong Kong. For the past few years I find myself using the Intercontinental, just across Salisbury Road and directly on the waterfront. The view is better, the rooms are more elegant, and the cocktails and breakfast in the lounge are absolutely spectacular. All of this comes with a price, of course, and it's a high one. But the necessity of negotiating a Platinum upgrade with the towers attendants, while superficially pleasant, sent me across the street.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by ajnaro
Reading this thread, I've come to realize why I've given up on the Sheraton Hong Kong. For the past few years I find myself using the Intercontinental, just across Salisbury Road and directly on the waterfront. The view is better, the rooms are more elegant, and the cocktails and breakfast in the lounge are absolutely spectacular. All of this comes with a price, of course, and it's a high one. But the necessity of negotiating a Platinum upgrade with the towers attendants, while superficially pleasant, sent me across the street.
I do find the formality and restistance of the Towers attendants, especially for repeat guests, to be somewhat frustrating and off-putting. I am sure they have their marching orders and are just the messengers. It's too bad, because I find myself staying more often at the Grand Hyatt, where I always get a friendly welcome, harbor view, and sometimes a great room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.