Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
As of June 2023, evening service is in the 2nd floor Lobby Lounge, and breakfast is served in The Cafe - main hotel restaurant - for all Plat+ Elite guests.
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2016, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by uanj
The breakfast benefit is a really nice perk for plats. And the service at the hotel is generally good.
The breakfast benefit mentionend by uanj is in a crappy windowless little lounge (or at the restaurant on the 2nd floor). It is NOT in the lounge with the view, where even as a Plat you cannot simply go to, as you have to book and stay in a Towers room, no matter what. Then the lounge is included - for all Tower guests by the way, not just Plats.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 7:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by decentmove
The breakfast benefit mentionend by uanj is in a crappy windowless little lounge (or at the restaurant on the 2nd floor). It is NOT in the lounge with the view, where even as a Plat you cannot simply go to, as you have to book and stay in a Towers room, no matter what. Then the lounge is included - for all Tower guests by the way, not just Plats.
There is absolutely no reason to go to the lounge when a HUGE buffet breakfast, one of the best in the SW system, is waiting for Platinum members downstairs in the main restaurant at no charge.

The lounge shouldn't even register in the list of reasons why to, or not to, stay here.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 10:16 am

You may like the breakfast in the restaurant, but you don't have to.

It is usually a very loud/busy/hectic affair in this restaurant and there are tons of people and lines are not uncommon. If this is your cup of tea, fine no problem.

Anyways, my previous post was aiming at clarifying who gets to get access to the lounge, and which one of the two, and who not. Plat. vs Towers. More so than discussing breakfast in the restaurant on the 2nd floor.

Just for info...

Old Oct 7, 2016, 4:12 am

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by nologic
My recollection is that u are only two "good" Towers partial harbour view suites, one on each floor, an easy basic Towers suites have views of t back wall of the building next door.
Well the staff showed me a couple of rooms offering the cash upgrade. As soon as I saw the partial harbour view suites I took it. Whilst they said that it is close to the lifts and can be noisy, the reality is that we never heard noise from it!

For me a family of 4, I would take a no view suite rather than a harbour view room!
Old Oct 7, 2016, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by Central90210
Breakfast is served at the Oyster Bar on the top floor for Towers guests and The Cafe for other guests in my recent stay.
Towers guest can go to both Oyster Bar at top floor, as well as The Cafe downstairs. I went to both restaurants for breakfast in my trip earlier this year which I already wrote a review in this thread.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 4:16 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Cool

Originally Posted by uanj
I am in this hotel 1-2 times a month and I always get a big deposit on my credit card. So I give them my platinum Amex at check in and then use my spg Amex when I check out. Plat Amex has no credit limit.

I have been charged 1000 HKD a night and I think 1500 a night deposit for a suite.

If you have never had the skyline view, I would ask for the upgrade to harbor view room. There are about seven suites in the hotel with a decent harbor view and they are very hard to come by on a complimentary upgrade basis. If you really want or need the extra room, go for the suite but you will miss an incredible view.

The platinum lounge has a really weird layout, it is basically four rooms at the end of a hall cobbled together without removing the separating walls. However, unlike many North American properties the happy hour is complementary for whatever you are drinking and the offering is OK. For Asia, not the best. Compared to North America, quite good.

The breakfast benefit is a really nice perk for plats. And the service at the hotel is generally good.
This has been one of the best and most accurate posts for answers about this hotel, thanks for your contribution
Old Oct 7, 2016, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by decentmove
You may like the breakfast in the restaurant, but you don't have to.

It is usually a very loud/busy/hectic affair in this restaurant and there are tons of people and lines are not uncommon. If this is your cup of tea, fine no problem.

Anyways, my previous post was aiming at clarifying who gets to get access to the lounge, and which one of the two, and who not. Plat. vs Towers. More so than discussing breakfast in the restaurant on the 2nd floor.

Just for info...

The Cafe downstairs is not that bad. Yes it is always busy because the hotel is pretty big. However it is no different than any other restaurant of big chain hotels. The food quality and range is pretty good, even though the Oyster Bar at the top floor (for Tower guests) definitely is quieter and food quality is better.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 12:51 am

Just finished a five night award stay here in the towers as a gold.

No upgrade or any special treatments as gold (nor did I expect any).

I think some clarification is in order as I feel the criticism is unwarranted. I think whether you will be satisfied here is driven primarily by your expectations. If you expect this hotel to be a five star experience, you will likely be disappointed. This is not the Peninsula, or the Ritz, or even the Conrad. There are plenty of five star hotels in Hong Kong. You can stay at one of them and I am sure you will be blown away.

If, on the contrary you arrive expecting this to be an extremely nice sheraton, you will likely be satisfied.

I left satisfied - and I think that was the reason why. Was the breakfast spread the best in Asia? Of course not. Was it sufficient? absolutely. Was the service perfect? No. But there were some very positive service moments, such as the fact that the server remembered me by name after the first day at breakfast, and remembered my drink preference, proactively offering the same item on the second and subsequent mornings.

It is also worth noting that if you want to be on Kowloon, in TST, the location here truly cannot be beat. Stay here for the location, and for an easy redemption that includes breakfast. If you want a true five star experience, stay at a true five star property.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 8:16 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Sheraton HKG is not in the same market segment as Pen/MO/Ritz/Upper House etc. They are also not in the same market segment as Grand Hyatt or Conrad.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 11:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by CFFrost
It is also worth noting that if you want to be on Kowloon, in TST, the location here truly cannot be beat. Stay here for the location, and for an easy redemption that includes breakfast. If you want a true five star experience, stay at a true five star property.
I was with you 100% until you said "an easy redemption that includes breakfast." You stated you were SPG Gold. How did you get breakfast included?

In a related manner, the hotel quoted me this for a towers upgrade...
Should you require a room in Towers section, we are pleased to offer you the SPG Cash and Point offer of Towers Delxue King Bed Room by using 7250 starpoints per night and pay US$ 150 plus 10% services charge per night. Please contact your local Customer Contact Center to amend the award booking (You may visit this Link to find out the contact number), as your SPG password is required for extra starpoints deduction and our Customer Contact Center associate would verify the SPG password with you over the phone.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 8:48 pm

he stayed in towers, breakfast is included if you stay in (and pay for, there is no other way) in towers.

his remark about breakfast redemption is a general one, for plat. guests not staying in towers. they will get to get breakfast in the restaurant on the 2nd floor.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by ralphs
I was with you 100% until you said "an easy redemption that includes breakfast." You stated you were SPG Gold. How did you get breakfast included?
I presume he meant easy redemption in the sense that you can just pay 14.5k per night instead of 12k and have the Towers access. To me, that is also a no-brainer if staying here on a redemption.
In a related manner, the hotel quoted me this for a towers upgrade...
[i]Should you require a room in Towers section, we are pleased to offer you the SPG Cash and Point offer of Towers Delxue King Bed Room by using 7250 starpoints per night and pay US$ 150 plus 10% services charge per night.
That's the entire Cash and Points cost for the Towers room, not the upgrade charge.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by seawolf
Sheraton HKG is not in the same market segment as Pen/MO/Ritz/Upper House etc. They are also not in the same market segment as Grand Hyatt or Conrad.
I agree, which was partly my point.
I think the posters who have give poor reviews here have a perception that an upgrade to the "towers" elevates this property to that level. I do not know where that perception comes from. With the towers upgrade, this is an absolutely fabulous sheraton - but it is still a sheraton.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 6:08 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by seawolf
Upgraded to Executive Suite on SPG floor. It is as flyerbjorn described.

Plat benefits include:
Comp HSIA

Comp breakfast buffet in "The Cafe."
24 hour access to Platinum lounge - evening cocktails from 1730 to 2000
Back at property. Upgraded to Executive Suite (again) facing north.

WiFi improved from last visit.

Platinum lounge just as dismal. No bottled drinks or water but there is a fountain machine.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 4:01 pm

Question Towers for Plats in a nutshell

Is the following upgrade path true for Plats having booked a cash rate in Towers? I'm not sure about 2.
And by upgrade I mean standard Plat upgrade based on status, not talking upgrade with points.
  1. Towers Deluxe Room -> Towers Harbour View Room or Towers Executive Suite
  2. Towers Harbour View Room -> Towers Deluxe Harbour View Room
Upgrades to Towers Harbour View Suites (aka as Towers Corner Suites and/or Towers Penthouse Suite) not possible.

Short description of rooms:
  • Towers Deluxe Room: i.e. the standard most basic room in Towers, now view, 26sqm
  • Towers Harbour View Room: basic room in Towers with a view, 26sqm
  • Towers Executive Suite: two room suite in Towers, no view, 55sqm
  • Towers Deluxe Harbour View Room: one up from basic room in Towers with a view, 32sqm

Last edited by decentmove; Oct 29, 2016 at 4:29 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.