Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
As of June 2023, evening service is in the 2nd floor Lobby Lounge, and breakfast is served in The Cafe - main hotel restaurant - for all Plat+ Elite guests.
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by joakgarp
Asked by email if they had any point upgrade offers and received a reply back they don't offer any point upgrades and also explained how their upgrade policy works like and as my room is in the main building is therefor not granted for an upgrade to the tower building.
Was offered a limited daily upgrade fee of 700hkd + 10% service charge to a tower room. Offer to expire on 18/1. With all of the information in this thread and recent posts I think I'm safe so say we will be happy with our room in main building. Maybe try tower building next visit in hk when we know the town a little bit better and could spend more time in the lounge.
If you have some Hyatt points and are not a Globalist, I find the 3000 point upgrade from Standard Rate to a Club Room, or 6000 points to a Grand Suite at the Grand Hyatt an exceptional value. The Grand Club is among the best, and definitely miles ahead of the Towers Lounge, let alone the sad Plat lounge.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: UA, AA, Delta, Marriott
The Sheraton did agree to charge me the lower rates I found on their website- a savings to me of about $300 US. If I had not spoken up...
Old Jan 18, 2019, 12:26 pm

Programs: LH Senator, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
2019/20 NYE fireworks

Hello,
We booked a room for 12/31/2019 for the new years fireworks. Never stayed there before but if any one of you has been in such room/suite type, please share your insights, expectations, and what to watch out.
Much appreciated!

Main House Harbour Suite, 1 Bedroom Suite, 1 King, Harbor view

is what our room is..

what does "main house" mean?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 12:43 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by flyhen
Hello,
We booked a room for 12/31/2019 for the new years fireworks. Never stayed there before but if any one of you has been in such room/suite type, please share your insights, expectations, and what to watch out.
Much appreciated!

Main House Harbour Suite, 1 Bedroom Suite, 1 King, Harbor view

is what our room is..

what does "main house" mean?
My understanding is that the hotel has the two "towers" and then the main building between. There are 17 of those harbour suites in the main part, and six more in the tower parts.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 3:54 pm

i see, the main house is the only ones that's available when we booked. any one know how is the view? We requested high floor.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
My understanding is that the hotel has the two "towers" and then the main building between. There are 17 of those harbour suites in the main part, and six more in the tower parts.
It's a one tower building. They allocate the top two floors to the Towers, and the rest of the lower floors are main house.

Main house views will vary significantly depending on whether you're on floor 3 or floor 15. I would definitely ask the hotel to assign you a high floor if you want to view the fireworks.
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 12:02 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by stargold
It's a one tower building. They allocate the top two floors to the Towers, and the rest of the lower floors are main house.
My mistake then. I'm booked here for Jan 1 so that definitely changes my understanding of where my room will be.

From the photos it's definitely not what I would describe as a one tower building though? It has three distinct sections.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
From the photos it's definitely not what I would describe as a one tower building though? It has three distinct sections.
It's just the shape of the building - there aren't three separate "towers".
Old Jan 19, 2019, 2:14 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
One building. Towers just highest floors and access to a special lounge and Oyster Bar for breakfast (big difference until free buffet breakfast a couple of years ago in main restaurant). Remains meaningful difference between plat lounge worst in Asia. Views are nicr for 1st tine visitors/ if you like that kind of thing.

I love the area but have switched to JW as Sheraton room qc just so so. That said they will do a renovation soon. Not sure what parts but that might make worthwhilr to go back.

Service excellent
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:29 am

Thanks for all the suggestions, so I suppose I need to give them a call and request high floor for the view? What's the lowest floor, if you know what I mean?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:57 am

On a side note, how practical is it to watch the firework on the rooftop of the hotel, I imagine it will be packed?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM; Hyatt Explorist; MR Gold; HH Diamond
Should I assume that it’s not possible to book a Towers room exclusively with points as a result of the merger?
Old Mar 21, 2019, 11:23 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
* Hong Kong / Sheraton Hotel & Towers

The Platinum Elite Lounge does not serve breakfast. The lounge is open at breakfast, but there's just a coffee machine and some cold water and pop. The lounge is unattended at breakfast.

The Platinum Elite breakfast is provided in The Café (restaurant) on the lobby floor for the member + 1. Otherwise, the cost is HKD$302 per person for the buffet breakfast.

The breakfast benefit is in addition to the Platinum Welcome Gift, so I did not have to give up 1000 points for the restaurant breakfast.

We went to the lounge every evening for 5 nights. The lounge appears to be a former suite with chairs and tables stuffed into it. What the lounge lacked in physical attributes, it more than made up for in service in the evening.

At check-in, as a Bonvoy Titanium Elite member, I received a notice with the following information (with no reference to Titanium Elite):

MARRIOTT
BONVOY

Dear Valuable Guest,

It is our pleasure to have you stay with us.
As our valued Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Member, we hope to have the honor of introducing
the following exclusive benefits for you:

1) Complimentary In-Room Internet Access

2) Complimentary breakfast at The Café, 2nd Floor.
(Monday to Friday opens from 6:30am to
10:30am; Saturday, Sunday & Public Holiday
opens from 6:30am to 11:00am)

3) Access to our Platinum Elite Lounge located
the 11th Floor, Room 1171
(opens from 7:00am to 12:00 midnight)

Evening cocktail is served from
5:30pm to 8:00pm daily.

Shall you wish to bring along a visitor during
cocktails, you are most welcome to do so at
HK$220.00 per visitor per day.

Please feel free to reach out to me or any of our
associates for assistance.

Wishing you a pleasant stay!

Warmest regards,

Heidy Yeung
Loyalty Manager

(also posted to the lounge thread)
joakgarp likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 10:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Currently staying here and we got a very nice and early check in at 9am so happy about that as we were awfully tired from our flight to HK. Upgrade to deluxe room with harbour and I must say, for this rate we are paying 1100 hkd ++ I like it so far. The room feels big with its 27sqm and bathtub with shower in one. Love the striped carpet lol. Bed is harder than the usual Sheraton but slept good anyway last night. The pillows are comfy.
Breakfast in the main breakfast is okay with wide spread and nice European yoghurt. They want me to sign breakfast bills even though we have breakfast included due to status. Bit weird to sign 600hkd for two each time we have breakfast but the staff responded they will automatically remove the bills when they see my status. Lol let's see how that works out during check out in a couple of days.

We ran out from the lounge on level 11 very quickly with a cold can of Pepsi. Worst lounge I've ever experienced as many else have reported in this thread haha. Old suite used as a lounge instead. Small rooms with tables. Weird smell. Not my cup of tea.

Location is awesome with walking distance to harbour, malls etc.
Again for this rate I'm paying I'd return again.
Will try the pool and fitness later on but I'm expecting old stuff. One last thing, fast WiFi and fast and many and fast elevators.
​​​​Thumbs up 👍
Old Apr 20, 2019, 11:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
The gym here is a little cramped but great - has heavy enough weights to do a serious workout. I enjoy it.

the pool area is also nice - always pop by top floor outdoor jacuzzi each stay. These are actually highlights of property.

Just the lounge...
joakgarp likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.