Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
As of June 2023, evening service is in the 2nd floor Lobby Lounge, and breakfast is served in The Cafe - main hotel restaurant - for all Plat+ Elite guests.
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2018, 5:50 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite
Upgrade policy tower

Me and my girlfriend will be in Hongkong for 3 nights in March. I have a rewards reservation (on points) for the Sheraton and currently thinking about further upgrading to a tower room using points again. What I didn't understand from the previous post is the upgrade policy in the tower, Can I expect any further upgrade in tower room categories as a plat member (e.g.Harbour View Towers Room or Deluxe Harbour View Towers Room)?
Old Feb 21, 2018, 9:19 am

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by zemb
Can I expect any further upgrade in tower room categories as a plat member (e.g.Harbour View Towers Room or Deluxe Harbour View Towers Room)?
I typically didn't get any further upgrades as a Plat there in the Towers rooms. It would happen on occasion but I wouldn't count on it.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 2:29 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite
248N8, thank you very much for your reply.

In this case, I don't see the point in upgrading to the tower level, but rather stay in the "normal" part and count on an upgrade to an habour view room. Do I miss something?

Thanks!
Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by zemb
248N8, thank you very much for your reply.

In this case, I don't see the point in upgrading to the tower level, but rather stay in the "normal" part and count on an upgrade to an habour view room. Do I miss something?

Thanks!
From my countless hours of looking for comparison from the "normal" rooms and the "tower" is that you get a crappy "platinum lounge" and smaller room. If you're not platinum, it doesn't matter since you wont have access to the crappy lounge anyways. If you book tower, you automatically get access to their better lounge lounge without status. Few weeks ago I saw a promotion for 50% off upgrade for suites. The price of the tower executive suite was the same price as the regular "tower" room. It jumped up 1000 HKD per night since I booked it. I think the difference from normal and tower room is 2500 point in difference. Up to you if thats worth going the extra points.

But for the tower, I think they'll give you the city view instead of harbor. I don't know if you get upgraded to harbor view/suite.

It'll be my first time booking at the Sheraton instead of the JW Marriott in Hong Kong.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by jdang
From my countless hours of looking for comparison from the "normal" rooms and the "tower" is that you get a crappy "platinum lounge" and smaller room. If you're not platinum, it doesn't matter since you wont have access to the crappy lounge anyways. If you book tower, you automatically get access to their better lounge lounge without status. Few weeks ago I saw a promotion for 50% off upgrade for suites. The price of the tower executive suite was the same price as the regular "tower" room. It jumped up 1000 HKD per night since I booked it. I think the difference from normal and tower room is 2500 point in difference. Up to you if thats worth going the extra points.

But for the tower, I think they'll give you the city view instead of harbor. I don't know if you get upgraded to harbor view/suite.

It'll be my first time booking at the Sheraton instead of the JW Marriott in Hong Kong.
Just got back from 4 night stay at the Sheraton Hong Kong Tower Executive Suite.
The Room:
The room itself was pretty large. It had a second bathroom(toilet and sink) by the entrance and the living room area. The bedroom was large and had a small walk in closet. 2 sinks in the bathroom. The bed was firm. I mean really firm. I mentioned it when I checked out and they said they could have brought a padding to put on the bed. I guess I should have said something earlier haha. The room itself looked clean but if you look closer at the surfaces, the cleaning people didn't clean very well in the living room area. The shower took 3-5 minutes to get the hot water running and had very little pressure. If you wanted pressure, you had to turn on the cold water too which makes the water too cold. The bath tub had a yellow stain when I first checked in and was there the whole time I was there. I assume someone peed in the tub and let it stain and the cleaning people didn't bother trying to get the stain out.

The Tower Lounge:
The lounge is located on the check in floor 16. You just walk around the corner. It has a coffee machine, soda (pepsi), 2 different bottles of water, fruits + random snack. I tried going when they had snacks and food but it was always completely packed that I just grabbed a water and left. I saw cakes during tea time and sandwiches during hor d'ourvres.

Breakfast on 18th:
They had a small buffet with a few hot items(2 dim sum item, eel or salmon, noodles, rice, and congee that changes with different sides) and a ton of cold items(yogurt, cereal, tons of cut fruit, cheese, and ham and stuff), lots of bread. You can order one meal which consist of egg + something, steak + eggs, salmon + rice, eggs benedict. The portions were very tiny.

Located next to East TST station. Pretty quick to walk over to TST if you have to go that direction.

Overall, I'd probably go back to the JW Marriott. The bed was way softer and more comfortable. I haven't tried the Renaissance or W yet so I can't compare.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 8:35 am

Programs: MAR Titanium, HH Gold
No points upgrade to the Tower room allowed anymore?

I have booked a harbour-view room (cash) at the Main House and asked the hotel to upgrade it to the same room on the Tower floor by using SPG points (I guess 2500 points?) But the property replied like below:

Thank you very much for the email. Please understand that our Towers section offers separated product from Main House and product is differentiate not only in room rates but also the added benefits involved. Therefore, with much regret to inform you that we are unable to upgrade your Main House room to the Towers section.

Should you are interest in our Towers section, we are pleased to offer our Towers Non-smoking Harbour View King Bed Room under SPG Member Exclusive rate at HKD $2506 + 10% service charge daily per room per night on May 19 – 21 for your kind consideration.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SPG Plt, Hyatt Plt
Originally Posted by noeatbutgo
No points upgrade to the Tower room allowed anymore?

I have booked a harbour-view room (cash) at the Main House and asked the hotel to upgrade it to the same room on the Tower floor by using SPG points (I guess 2500 points?) But the property replied like below:

Thank you very much for the email. Please understand that our Towers section offers separated product from Main House and product is differentiate not only in room rates but also the added benefits involved. Therefore, with much regret to inform you that we are unable to upgrade your Main House room to the Towers section.

Should you are interest in our Towers section, we are pleased to offer our Towers Non-smoking Harbour View King Bed Room under SPG Member Exclusive rate at HKD $2506 + 10% service charge daily per room per night on May 19 – 21 for your kind consideration.
I haven't stayed recently but the last time I booked the points upgrade by calling the SPG 800 #, not the hotel.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 8:38 pm

Yes, calling SPG is how I did it too.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by BogeyMan
I haven't stayed recently but the last time I booked the points upgrade by calling the SPG 800 #, not the hotel.
Thanks but that's weird as in 2015 or 16 I actually exchanged emails with the property and they said I can use points to upgrade my room to the Tower although they did not guarantee the upgrade before the check-in.

Thanks again.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by noeatbutgo
Thanks but that's weird as in 2015 or 16 I actually exchanged emails with the property and they said I can use points to upgrade my room to the Tower although they did not guarantee the upgrade before the check-in......
You can call 800 number to upgrade using points before arrival or use instant award to upgrade at check in.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by TerryK
You can call 800 number to upgrade using points before arrival or use instant award to upgrade at check in.
I appreciate your comment. Actually my booking has been BRGed, Starwood desk cannot apply point upgrade. I will try to do instant award upon check-in.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 2:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Are there any changes to the daily breakfast buffet for Platinums in the restaurant, or any changes to the quality/quantity of the buffet selections?
Old Apr 25, 2018, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Are there any changes to the daily breakfast buffet for Platinums in the restaurant, or any changes to the quality/quantity of the buffet selections?
Just came back from this property, the breakfast is on 2nd floor cafe. Quality/quantity of buffet still about the same as last year.
They give 500 starpoint and free breakfast.
Old May 4, 2018, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Towers Stay 25th to 28th April

Hi,

I had booked 2 towers rooms for my mother and I for 3 nights after spending 10 nights in Tokyo before flying back to the UK. A short stay report follows;

Arrival: The Shuttle bus from the Airport Express MTR station at Kowloon dropped us undercover across the road from the taxi entrance and with luggage it was a little bit of a hassle to the hotel entrance where the bell desk took our luggage

Check in: We took the scenic elevators to the 16th floor for towers check in and the elevators offered us a side view of the harbour. Checkin was quick and friendly. I was able to get 1 room until 4pm on the day of departure ( our flight would be after midnight) so I gave that room to my mum. I had to check out of my room by noon but I would move my luggage to my mothers room.

Room : We were given 1685 & 1687 ( interior courtyard rooms -no upgrade) The rooms are relatively large and well appointed ( smaller than the Conrad and the JW marriott). looking out there is construction going on in the interior courtyard so the lower floors will face directly into the scaffolding. Some parts of the outside of the building looked like they could do with a bit of a touch up with paint. They started work abut 8am and finished around 5pm so the noise was not too bad at all. There was a small fruit plate as a welcome amenity. An odd thing was the kettle having to be pulled out on the drawer from the cupbard to boil the kettle thus reducing the space between the drawers and bed. The curtains were very good at blocking out the light. The bed was very comfortable and the a/c was excellent. The bathroom was fine but some of the wall tiles had an odd brownish tint on some of them ( not sure if it is designed that way) The shower pressure was very good but the seal at the bottom of the shower door was not 100% and some water leaked onto the bathroom floor so we had to mop it up to prevent slipping.Room was quiet at night. The room had a smartphone ("handy") for use during the stay but I had problems connecting it up to my google account so that I could upload photos from HKG so did not use it but it was a nice touch- I had my DSLR with me anyway.

The lounge: The Lounge was very good with excellent views over victoria harbour ( it was a little hazy during our stay with the peak not visible at times. They had some fruit and cakes as well as soda and tea/coffee for afternoon tea. The evening snacks were excellent with a variety of hot and cold items which were kept replenished by the staff. There was good range of alcohol available also. During the early evening it did get busy but only 1 night did we have to wait a couple of minutes and the staff were excellent at finding us space.The night time views over the harbour were spectacular. There was also a fridge to take bottles of water with you and a pc station. You can see the museum undergoing renovation and there was a large floating barge/crane in the harbour in front of the intercontinental hotel.

Breakfast: We had breakfast at the oyster and wine bar on the 18th floor which was excellent with a wide variety of hot and cold items in the buffet and a good selection from the menu ( I had the cinnamon french toast which was excellent and there was also waffles and pancakes to order). afterwards you could also get a coffee to go from the lounge.For non tower guests the charge is HKG$275pp

fitness centre: Open from around 6am to 10pm. Reasonable range of equipment with a studio for classes also. On the treadmills you had a side view of the harbour-wonderful
Pool :same hours as the fitness centre, Smallish pool but surprisingly deep ( 8ft 4 at the deepest part). Three hot tubs and great views also. On Saturday afternoon you could see helicopters moving away from the Peninsula hotel helipad and whislt walking on the waterfront you saw them land and take off.

Lounge Staff: Thery were all excellent. They were very friendly and chatty if you wanted to ie describing your day or plans and calling you by name when you passed by.

Check out: Quick friendly and efficient.

Location: For TST the location is pretty hard to beat being across the road from the water front to the Star Ferry terminal, close to TST MTR station and Nathan Road ( with its various markets)and just across the road from the peninsula hotel. On saturday we saw several helicopters taking off and landing on the helipad.

Taxi: With our luggage we took a taxi to the Kowloon MTR ( aroud HKG $ 73 ( of which HKG $36 was for our luggage ( 6 pieces for us including our carry ons)

Towers guests get 20% off the hotel laundry.

Overall: The location in TST is hard to beat. Looking out at the construction from your interior window is a little let down ( Don't know what is being built) and the rooms are not quite as nice as the JW Marriott or the Conrad ( but is generally cheaper) and the views from the lounge is fantastic. The fantastic lounge staff also make a great difference and had a great time here.

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; May 5, 2018 at 3:30 am
Old May 5, 2018, 8:02 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
I've stayed here a few times but I don't remember - is there a mini-fridge that guests can use in the non-towers rooms? Or is it one of those auto-charge minibars? The Towers room I got last time had a mini-fridge I could use..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.