Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
As of June 2023, evening service is in the 2nd floor Lobby Lounge, and breakfast is served in The Cafe - main hotel restaurant - for all Plat+ Elite guests.
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2022, 4:56 am

Programs: HHonor Diamond, SPG Plat100, HGP Plat, AF Plat, *A G (A3)
Any recent stay experience at this under-renovation property?
Want to know how bad the noise is, especially in the morning? (I'll be working European time zone so don't want to be waked up in the morning...)

Yes, I'm tempted by the cheap monthly rate so just want to check the only knock-out factor (I'm already expecting a worn-out 4-star Sheraton).
Thanks!
Old Jun 20, 2022, 10:21 am

Programs: SQ PPS, OZ Gold, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by accidental_tourist
Any recent stay experience at this under-renovation property?
Want to know how bad the noise is, especially in the morning? (I'll be working European time zone so don't want to be waked up in the morning...)

Yes, I'm tempted by the cheap monthly rate so just want to check the only knock-out factor (I'm already expecting a worn-out 4-star Sheraton).
Thanks!
Yes I managed to get a 60-days long stay rate at Sheraton HK before (the rate was cheap). The noise level could be bad sometimes from 9am to 5pm HK time on weekdays as it is a major renovation. And the gym and swimming pool are currently closed as it was franchised out to a third party chain gym but it went bankrupt
Old Sep 2, 2022, 7:26 pm

Just completed a one night stay in one of the newly renovated rooms.

- At check-in, asked about suite availability and was offered a non-view suite - which we declined and took the pre-assigned harbour view room.
- Disappointingly, the said pre-assigned room was NOT ready when we checked-in around 2.30pm. Was eventually switched to another room on the same floor after a half-hour wait in the (still unrenovated) lobby "Club lounge". At 3.00pm+, housekeeping was still actively servicing multiple rooms on Level 14 when we walked past.
- Speaking of housekeeping, there was a vacuum cleaner and empty room service table left in the corridor during our entire 24 hour stay.
- The renovated room itself smelled brand new. Would describe the first impressions as inoffensive and very generic. Reminds me of the Courtyard Marriott in Phnom Penh where I have spent many nights, pre-Covid.
- Room flaws:
- Surprisingly small TV (prob no larger than 24 inches) which looks even smaller on the big wall expanse;
- Shower basin drains at a MUCH lower rate than the flow from the shower head. One can barely keep the water on for a couple of minutes without it overflowing;
- Still using manual curtains, post-renovation. (Even the Courtyard SYP where I have recently been "imprisoned" has automatic blinds.)
- Airconditioning noise is noticeable. Still borderline acceptable for an old hotel, but would have hoped that the renovation would have addressed this.
- The bathroom had one tiny bottle each of amenities - definitely insufficient for 2 guests.
- There was still intermittent renovation noise thru the day, but not overly intrusive.
- Received a fruit plate, but neither a personal nor generic Elite welcome note. It's not a big deal, but after great stays at multiple properties as a Gold and Plat, it is noticeable when no one in the front office bothers to make an effort.
- Common areas remain unrenovated for the time being. Actually don't mind the 1990s chic while it's still around.
- We parked our car overnight at the H Zentral next door. Was disappointed to discover that the hotel offers F&B guests preferential parking rates at H Zentral, but not staying guests. What gives?

Overall not an especially impressive test stay at this partially renovated property. 5/10 at best.
friedablass and SQ88 like this.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 9:04 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by cy1978hk
Yes I managed to get a 60-days long stay rate at Sheraton HK before (the rate was cheap). The noise level could be bad sometimes from 9am to 5pm HK time on weekdays as it is a major renovation. And the gym and swimming pool are currently closed as it was franchised out to a third party chain gym but it went bankrupt
What's the 60 day rate?
Old Sep 3, 2022, 6:53 am

It was HKD14800/30 nights, with min commitment of 60 nights in one go... but the good days were gone! :'(
Old Sep 3, 2022, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by Isochronous
What's the 60 day rate?
It was HKD14800/30 nights, with min commitment of 60 nights in one go... but the good days were gone! :'(
Old Sep 3, 2022, 8:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
.I got an email from Marriott offering 15% off four or more nights through the end of October. It seemed to be promoting this for a quarantine stay. The same deal applies to another Sheraton and the JW.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 6:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
.I got an email from Marriott offering 15% off four or more nights through the end of October. It seemed to be promoting this for a quarantine stay. The same deal applies to another Sheraton and the JW.
A bit off topic, but on check out from the W quarantine stay I was given a "special" voucher for 15% off another 4 days at the Ritz Carlton at the BAR (Along with other low value "freebies"). As such I feel there are a few discounts of 15% out there, but you'd likely get a better deal booking a package directly on the website as still plenty of specials in HK.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 9:43 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by cy1978hk
I'd ditch my apartment and just live there at that price! When was that being offered?
Old Sep 5, 2022, 7:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
These deals and the member specials are all rubbish. Those packages are better but you’ll notice that prices have gone up by at least 20% recently making it less appealing to do any more Staycations (there are only so many you can do!).
joakgarp likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by Isochronous
I'd ditch my apartment and just live there at that price! When was that being offered?
Back when it was Nov 2021-Mar 2022. Then the room rate inflated fast
Old Dec 19, 2022, 8:35 am

Programs: American Airlines
Hi, I am planning a trip in Feb but from the BONVOY website, how do you choose a Tower Room? It used to be quite easy to distinguish between that and a standard. Apologies in advance if I am being particularly dumb.....
Old Dec 19, 2022, 1:34 pm

Programs: Airpoints
Originally Posted by twscheung
Hi, I am planning a trip in Feb but from the BONVOY website, how do you choose a Tower Room? It used to be quite easy to distinguish between that and a standard. Apologies in advance if I am being particularly dumb.....
I just asked the same thing on Tripadvisor. It seems you book a Club room.
twscheung likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 8:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Unless something changed recently, Tower Rooms are a separate category completely (they are not club rooms) and you would need to search for a "Tower Room" when booking on the website in the room descriptions. If you're having trouble, PM me and we can research it further
Old Dec 20, 2022, 2:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Until recently, they didn’t have any tower rooms or tower lounge. The club lounge (not tower lounge) has been in the main lobby area and was always crowded (local Staycations) and didn’t have a great variety of snacks. Breakfast was in the main restaurant. They have been carrying out extensive renovations (nets covering the windows etc) so you’ll have to email the hotel directly to see if they have any plans for a tower lounge in future. As for club rooms, they are now tower rooms. I hope they’ll just have a better relocated club lounge and concentrate on offering a decent product for all elites and club guests. Hopefully no more of this two-tier tower nonsense!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.