Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
As of June 2023, evening service is in the 2nd floor Lobby Lounge, and breakfast is served in The Cafe - main hotel restaurant - for all Plat+ Elite guests.
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2016, 4:37 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Ok. I have stayed at a hotel before where that wasn't possible... and I was sharing the room with a co-worker... That's why I asked.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Ok. I have stayed at a hotel before where that wasn't possible... and I was sharing the room with a co-worker... That's why I asked.
That certainly makes one interesting / awkward stay. Did you ask for a different room or did you tipped the FD not to change the room.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 5:12 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I don't think there was anything else available... That was a team-building trip and pretty much everything else was sold out because of some conference or such.
Luckily we didn't use the room much...
Old Jan 18, 2016, 9:43 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
I stay in the Sheraton Towers about once a year and I can verify there is shade that can be pulled down in the bathroom.

In terms if the Towers would be worth it, it depends on what you value. For me, if staying for one night, it would depend on if I planned enough time to have a drink in the lounge early evening. If not, I would probably recommend the main hotel (but I personally always opt for the Towers on any length of stay).

The trickier issue may be bedding. I believe king beds are only available in the first two Tower room categories - city/garden and regular harbour. If you want two single beds, you'll need deluxe harbour, which can be quite a bit more than the entry level rooms.

I have stayed many times as a gold, and I wouldn't expect an upgrade above and beyond what you pay for. I did once get upgraded to a suite due to the Towers being overbooked during one stay. Otherwise, the best I have ever gotten was partial harbour view with the room above Nathan Road, which I think was essentially the city/garden view I booked. It's at the platinum level where you would be more likely to receive an upgrade.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 9:44 am

Thank you very much!

Isn't breakfast also included in the Tower rate?
Wouldn't breakfast by itself be worth the extra?
Or can you get cheap and good breakfast on the street nearby anyway?
Old Jan 18, 2016, 10:22 am

Yes, breakfast is included and it is pretty good. But a Towers room is also usually around US$60 per night more than a standard room in the main hotel. If the only Towers amenity you use is the breakfast, is that worth the US$30 or so per person additional charge? There are certainly cheap options nearby in Tsim Sha Tsui too.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 10:29 am

It's actually not much of difference when you compare it to a regular harbor room (and from what I've read, you really should book the harbor view)?

Harbor view room (2 beds): 240 US$
Deluxe harbor view room (2 beds): 262 US$
Deluxe Tower harbor view room (2 beds): 287 US$

Ok, it's a 47 dollars difference to the regular harbor view room, but then again, you get more space. It's only 25 dollars more than the deluxe harbor view room...
That's the prepaid rate btw.

Or is harbor view not worth it when you just stay one night?
The cheapest room is "only" 196 US$...
Old Jan 18, 2016, 10:37 am

Personally, I think the Hong Kong skyline is the best in the world and I wouldn't quibble with anyone looking to pay extra for that view. Heck, to be honest, if you have only one night, I would be more likely to pay the extra premium for the shorter stay.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 10:55 am

Thanks, we'll go for a Tower room then.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 9:28 am

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Just booking this hotel and get this message:

SPECIAL CONDITIONS

Land Redevelopment Project Nearby

Until further notice, there is a land redevelopment project taking place near the hotel. Please contact the hotel for further information.
does any one have any info on this and how much of a nuisance it is?

-and a general question, I've made one booking and was given an option for 6000 miles + cash, I'm trying to book another stay there (1 night) for a little later, and its only giving me the 16000 rate, no points + cash options, is that normal?
Old Jan 26, 2016, 11:53 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Perfectly normal. Cash & Points is only available on some dates, depending on occupancy.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 5:07 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
I'm booking this hotel for the night before a 9am departure ex-HKG. Is there any point in paying the points to upgrade to a Towers level room if I'll be spending most of the day in Hong Kong proper and leaving early in the morning?
Old Feb 21, 2016, 5:10 pm

My advice is to not book the Sheraton.
I had booked a Towers room and I was completely shocked by how bad it was.
Very dirty, old, very ugly design (an orange carpet, are you kidding me?).
I have stayed at nicer 1 or 2 star hotels. That was definitely not 5 stars.
The lounge didn't even have real coffee, it was made in a machine.
Thinking about that hotel still gives me the creeps, especially at that price.

Luckily we didn't have to stay there as the friendly manager gave us a refund when we refused the room.
We went to the W instead, which was absolutely fantastic. Loved it.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 8:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by pewpew
I'm booking this hotel for the night before a 9am departure ex-HKG. Is there any point in paying the points to upgrade to a Towers level room if I'll be spending most of the day in Hong Kong proper and leaving early in the morning?
Yes, book the Towers room. The lounge itself for the towers may save you a meal or two.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 9:14 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Yes, book the Towers room. The lounge itself for the towers may save you a meal or two.
It's a leisure trip. You eat at hotels instead of local restaurants?

(Actually, my last trip to HK, I did have trouble finding a good local restaurant, so your point isn't without merit)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.