Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
As of June 2023, evening service is in the 2nd floor Lobby Lounge, and breakfast is served in The Cafe - main hotel restaurant - for all Plat+ Elite guests.
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2016, 7:33 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium
I was upgraded to an Executive Suite and offered the Harbor View suite for HK$800 IMO is worth it for first time visitors or anyone who enjoys the nighttime skyline views..
Old Jun 29, 2016, 2:46 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Any idea what cash upgrade offers available at check in right now at HK Sheraton for the basic room reservation? I have no status with SPG and I booked a superior room.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 2:49 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Any idea what cash upgrade offers available at check in right now at HK Sheraton for the basic room reservation? I have no status with SPG and I booked a superior room.
I will be back there coming July 4th, if that's not too late for you- please feel free to pm me as a reminder and I'd be happy to find all the details you like while there
Old Aug 4, 2016, 12:53 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by abk
Actually if you use your points to book a Towers room you will not miss not having status as you will receive everything that status would bring you and more except for a room upgrade.
This is one of the best uses of the room category upgrades I've ever redeemed. We stayed one night, and got lots of use out of the lounge -- including being invited to use it after check-out while waiting to leave for our flight. The club staff was great, even offering us extra cocktails at the end of service so we'd have enough to get through the light show. The breakfast in the restaurant upstairs was also significantly better than most club breakfasts, and came with a great view.

We had a room on the club level but did not have the bathroom others are describing -- ours had a separate tub and shower in opposite corners of the room, and no window. I'm guessing it was an un-upgraded room -- it faced the courtyard/construction site.

The free phone is a nice idea, though I had already bought a SIM card for US$12 and didn't need it.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 4:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
One night stay late last week - upgraded pre-arrival to an Exec/Jr suite, but when I asked (for giggles) for a regular Towers room instead so I could try it out, the front desk clerk reacted like I was conducting a bank robbery - not a chance without paying.

Are the Towers rooms that much different? I still prefer to eat downstairs in the restaurant for breakfast, so the lounge is not really important to me.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 7:21 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by bocastephen
One night stay late last week - upgraded pre-arrival to an Exec/Jr suite, but when I asked (for giggles) for a regular Towers room instead so I could try it out, the front desk clerk reacted like I was conducting a bank robbery - not a chance without paying.

Are the Towers rooms that much different? I still prefer to eat downstairs in the restaurant for breakfast, so the lounge is not really important to me.
The rooms are exactly the same. The Towers breakfast is not in the lounge but in the restaurant on the top floor.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 6:02 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by kamchatsky
I have finally stayed at Sheraton HK, and here is my review.

We stayed here for 4 nights at late March, originally booked the Towers Room which required 58000 Starpoints. I booked the Towers Room based on the earlier feedback here. I booked it by calling the SPG service desk. Which I asked how much is the non-Towers Suites, they said 80000 points which is too many points for us.

Initially i asked for the Harbour View Room by contacting Sheraton HK directly a few month prior to stay, they offered it as 200HKD + 10% service charge per night which I accepted. However, when we checked in at the separate Towers check in at 16 floor, the staff made an offered to us to upgrade to Towers Suite rooms for 600HKD + 10% per night. She showed us the Suite as well as the Harbour View Room before we made our decision to take upgrade. The suite has partial Harbour view, and MUCH ROOMIER than the Harbour View Room

She said that the offering is this: for standard Towers Room booking, upgrade to Harbour View Towers Room (per night) is 200HKD + 10%, Deluxe Harbour View Towers Room is 400HKD + 10%, Towers Suites is 600HKD + 10%. I didn't ask for SPG points upgrade policy because I didn't have the SPG points anyway.

Really appreciate all of the details in this review. Very helpful as I plan a stay for next year. Comparing the points pricing for each level of upgrade to the rates I can find now is especially interesting.

My trip is 3 nights, mid-week, in early March. Using my corporate code, room rates and the increased cost for each level of room are slightly less than the regular member rates. (not as "cheap" as pre-paid rates though). Extra 255HKD for a Tower Harbour View vs a regular Harbour View. And an extra 170HKD for a Tower Harbour View vs Tower Deluxe. (Same 170HKD to go from Tower Harbour to Tower Deluxe Harbour).

Being Gold and not wanting to rely on any (improbable) upgrade, I'm thinking of just booking the Tower Harbour View. Would rather pay the increased 255HKD each night in my rate for the Tower rather than 2500 points per night.

Thanks to everyone in this thread for the insightful observations and honest reviews.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by kamchatsky
I just stayed at Sheraton with 2 kids, admittedly one is 5 months old and one is 3 years old. The rooms would be quite small for 6-8 yos. We were offered cash upgrade to Towers Suite for 600HKD + 10% per night at arrival which we took because it is so much roomier than the standard Towers Room. Have a look at my previous post for review.
My recollection is that u are only two "good" Towers partial harbour view suites, one on each floor, an easy basic Towers suites have views of t back wall of the building next door.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 11:37 am

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
When we stayed on both occasions we were Gold. Access to the Towers Lounge and breakfast is well worth the extra IMHO.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 12:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Has anyone successfully accessed the club lounge at this hotel using the US SPG Business AmEx card benefit?

Sadly I am only SPG Gold, not Plat, so otherwise, I'm out of luck accessing this lounge.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 3:16 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

I don't think that's very likely. The hotel doesn't even grant access to its proper lounge to Platinums, claiming that it's in the Tower's section, which essentially operates as a separate hotel. I can't imagine that the credit card would get you access to that lounge. The hotel also has a lounge specifically for Platinum guests (of which there are dozens); that lounge isn't worth going to if you have access, which I assume in all likelihood the credit card won't get you anyway.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Yikes. Maybe I'll stay at the Intercon across the street then.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by ralphs
The IC usually charges for club access. It is expensive, but well worth it, if you can take advantage of both the breakfast and the cocktail hour. We find that the cocktail hour is too early if we've already had lunch and too late if we're planning on a nice dinner and don't want to get there full already. So, we normally skip lounge access.

You'll probably find that the IC is more expensive even without lounge access than the towers section of the Sheraton. Of course, if you can find a good rate ...
Old Sep 20, 2016, 3:17 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by ralphs
The option to upgrade a standard room to a "Towers" room at the Sheraton for 2,500 Starpoints a night can be a great option -- there's more discussion of it further up the thread, but it gets you access to the nice lounge (which not even SPG Plats are given access to at this property) and an extensive full breakfast served with harbour views.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by bgriff
The option to upgrade a standard room to a "Towers" room at the Sheraton for 2,500 Starpoints a night can be a great option -- there's more discussion of it further up the thread, but it gets you access to the nice lounge (which not even SPG Plats are given access to at this property) and an extensive full breakfast served with harbour views.
Your suggestion sounds like a good one. Forgive my ignorance--how can I check for upgrade availability during my desired hotel dates?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.