Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton LaGuardia East (Flushing), NY [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton LaGuardia East (Flushing), NY [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2010, 7:21 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Don't count on my opinion alone, but it was fine for us after US Open games let out after midnight back in Sept. I think that you have to use the hotel's front door that late, IIRC, but I'm not certain of that. I think that the back door on Roosevelt is closed late at night.

The subway entrance is on the corner of the same block that the hotel is on.
Map
Old May 7, 2010, 8:09 am

Programs: Starwood, AA
3rd opinion - it's fine. it's a lively area and there are people around - not shady people ,but regular people. some restaurants will still be open and it's a normal commercial-type area.
Old May 7, 2010, 9:01 am
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
I walked to a Korean restaurant about 10 minutes away from the hotel one night for some late night (4AM) drunken food and did not feel unsafe in the least.
Old May 7, 2010, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, AA LT Gold, Radisson Gold, Hertz PC, HP Masters emeritus (sigh)
I went out to eat at 1 a.m. no problem. Kind of like being in Asia.
Old May 7, 2010, 3:55 pm

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Its a combination of "Main Street" / "China Town" like atmosphere.. take your usual precautions at night but otherwise its fine.
Old May 7, 2010, 4:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
Yes it is safe
Old May 7, 2010, 10:58 pm

The restaurants around the hotel block open till very late or early morning^
It is safe area.
Old May 7, 2010, 11:05 pm

How long is the train ride from the hotel to grand central. Looks like its one train (#7)

Jay
Old May 7, 2010, 11:18 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I had no problem either during the week very early in the morning.
Old May 8, 2010, 5:10 am

Programs: UA, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jay23
How long is the train ride from the hotel to grand central. Looks like its one train (#7)

Jay
I've done Grand Central to Shea (Citi Field) for Mets game a number of times. It is ~25 to ~30 minutes. Try to get the 7-Express (diamond), it takes a number of stops off the trip.

http://www.mta.info/nyct/

From Grand Central you can get to just about anywhere in NYC via Subway connections.
Old May 8, 2010, 1:12 pm

I've walked around the area at night and felt safe. Of course, take the usual precautions you would normallytake when in a city. Also, the subway stop is very close to the hotel.

As far as the 7 train, the express will take ~35 mins to Grand Central. Depending on the time of day, the express may or may not be running Manhattan-bound. Obviously, a local train will take longer. (I've never ridden the 7 local from Main St. to Grand Central, so I can't give you a time).
Old May 11, 2010, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Miler, Bonvoy Titanium, occasional AA Gold
Not impressed

Positives: Very cool that it's in the heart of Chinatown in Queens. Hotel seemed to be packed with Chinese tour groups. I saw almost no other westerners in the hotel. Even the newspapers and half the cable channels are in Chinese. Many good restaurants within walking distance.

Negatives: No Plat upgrade, plain room, beat up old furniture, really bad odor (think taxicab air freshener) coming through A/C vents. I had a room on the floor below the top floor near the end of hall. VERY noisy room. As another commenter noted, doors are very thin and I could hear *EVERYTHING* even though I was almost at the end of the hall.

The Club Lounge had a breakfast consisting of pre-packaged food and sliced fruit. It was not one of the better breakfasts I've ever seen.

I would stay there again, but I have to say I've seen much nicer Sheratons.
Old May 11, 2010, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Fairmont PC Plat
Stayed here as SPG Gold, and received a upgrade to a suite, as well as Club Lounge access (on a ~$100/night rate)! Absolutely fantastic service from beginning to end - I love the unique decor, and will definitely be back when I find myself in Queens.
Old May 11, 2010, 8:53 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
I've had a number of good experiences at this hotel. Each stay seems to result in a suite upgrade (all the suites I've been given seem the same, but are quite nice). I've found the front desk staff to be very friendly and accommodating. Can't really comment on lounges, restaurants, etc., as all of my stays have been brief overnights between flights. Below are some photos of a suite I was given on a recent stay:

Work Desk

Living Room

Bedroom

Bathroom
I agree they are all the same. Even the one on the smoking floor.
Old May 18, 2010, 6:20 am

Post a woman raped in an alley in Flushing, Queens

at 9pm Sunday evening, a few blocks from Sheraton LGA East..

http://www.wpix.com/news/local/wpix-...,2472572.story
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/q...1ADZVkzNdtmDfL

Last edited by money_opp; May 18, 2010 at 6:46 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.