Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton LaGuardia East (Flushing), NY [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton LaGuardia East (Flushing), NY [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2015, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Were the rooms made larger as part of the renovation? When I stayed here, my club floor room was tiny and somewhat cell-like.
No. They only re-did the lounge. The rooms were not renovated - this was between late 2013 and late 2014. I never stay on the Club level as it is to noisy with all the elevator dings.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 8:26 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Stayed here this past Friday and Saturday nights, on points, as room rates were in the high $300's. Hadn't stayed here in about 10 years, but remember good experience last time and we were not disappointed.

Were warmly greeted at 11AM on our early arrival with seemingly sincere apologies that they couldn't give us a room that early, but did give us lounge access (and said they give that to all Golds!), so we were able to get some cold drinks to head us on our way. Got back around 4PM and our room on the Club floor was ready. Nice big room, at least compared to Manhattan. Two upholstered chairs plus a desk chair. Big TV, comfortable bed, great view of incoming planes heading towards the airport, but so well soundproofed you couldn't hear any noise coming from them.

Green choice offered at checkin (and accepted). Late checkout announced at checkin (not accepted, we had to leave early). Nice not to have to ask or fight for amenities like that.

We were 2 rooms from the elevator, didn't notice any dings, like the prior post. Didn't hear anything from the hallways, in fact.

B'fast was weak (toast, bagel, dry cereal, porridge). Evening hors d'ouevres much better (salad, cheese/crackers, one hot dish (pasta with seafood in a cream sauce one night, pasta with hearty meat sauce the other).

All staff very friendly, desk, bellman, and lounge attendants.
Thunderroad likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 4:53 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum
We just completed our 4th stay here last week and this was by far the most pleasant stay. As we landed at JFK around 7 am, we booked the room for the previous night so as to have a room guaranteed when we checked in at 9. No problems at check in; super friendly FDC and as Plats, we were upgraded to the 15th floor suite. Nice enough room, mini fridge is a nice perk but small closet and bath for 2 people. Oddest thing about the suite is the bedroom is behind the elevator bank! I had to sleep with earlplugs all week. One would think they'd put the suites on the opposite side of the corridor, the side with the view of MANHATTAN. Oh, well.

The neighborhood is definitely a bit funky for the newbies. Very Asian, but the food is fantastic! This trip we enjoyed Korean Fried Chicken at The Coop, dim sum at Asian Jewels, and Malaysian at The Malaysian Restaurant, all within 2 blocks of the hotel. The subway terminal for the 7 train to Manhattan is one block away, so super easy access. A local train got us to Grand Central in 30 minutes; 40 minutes to 42nd St. station. We have family 15 minutes away in Bayside, but like to visit Manhattan when doing the family thing. This is definitely our go-to choice!
Thunderroad likes this.

Last edited by SJChick; Apr 3, 2017 at 4:55 pm Reason: typographic errors
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Thanks for your relatively recent and very useful review, SJChick.

Seeing a good C+P rate at this hotel, plus kind of interested in checking out Flushing and the good Asian restaurants there since I grew up near there. If anyone has any reviews or updates to add, I'd be interested. Thanks.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 7:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Thanks for your relatively recent and very useful review, SJChick.

Seeing a good C+P rate at this hotel, plus kind of interested in checking out Flushing and the good Asian restaurants there since I grew up near there. If anyone has any reviews or updates to add, I'd be interested. Thanks.
I would add that given your interests in Asian food, the Chinese inspired decor in (parts of) the hotel will complement your experience.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 8:50 pm

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Thinking about booking an overnight here for a mid morning LGA departure.

Anyone have recent experiences to share?
Old Jul 30, 2019, 6:05 pm

The website and a several year old post says that parking is only $14. Is that still true? A bargain for the area. We paid much more than that at the Hyatt Place a block away.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 12:09 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mileshound
The website and a several year old post says that parking is only $14. Is that still true? A bargain for the area. We paid much more than that at the Hyatt Place a block away.
Really doesn't matter. Print out the webiste, bring it with you, and, if they try to charge you something more, show them the printout.

Last edited by stc; Jul 31, 2019 at 4:45 am
Old Apr 25, 2021, 1:47 am

Would people recommend this hotel for a 10am JFK flight (domestic) ?

What would be the best option from this hotel to JFK and when should I leave the hotel in the morning on weekday?
Old Jun 20, 2022, 8:08 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Quick update since nobody's posted about this property in a while...

Had a recent 1-night stay. Upgraded to club floor; no suites available as there were two weddings + another event all the same day/night. Check-in was smooth - recognition of status, asked about amenity, informed of club lounge hours, offered late check-out.

Parking: now $18 for hotel guests. Municipal lot across the front entrance, but it's a mad house. (Free parking on Sundays, so if you move your car in there after 10pm Saturday and before it fills up early Sunday AM, it's a convenient/free option.)

Lounge: Open 24-hours a day for coffee and drinks (water, juice, soft drinks in the fridge). Breakfast (6-10am) and evening appetizers (5:30-8:00pm-ish) 7 days a week. Breakfast is fairly standard - scrambled and hard-boiled eggs, protein like bacon or sausage, tray of carbs (muffins, breads), fruit bowls. Evening apps consist of two warm options (think spring rolls, mini burgers/sandwiches, chicken bites, etc) + some sweets and finger sandwiches. Very small space (seats perhaps 20-25 max...the size of about 1.5 to 2 standard hotel rooms).

Location: If you're looking to be in the middle of Flushing Chinatown, it's a great location, as it's a few minutes walk from all the major markets and restaurants. Free parking on the residential side streets is possible, but be prepared for a 10-20 min walk to get to your car.

Room: Nothing special, but I will say that it's quite well soundproofed. From the 16th floor, couldn't hear the street noise and traffic at all, nor the planes that were going by constantly. Good water pressure and fast hot water in the shower, which I appreciate.
fly046 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.