Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton LaGuardia East (Flushing), NY [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton LaGuardia East (Flushing), NY [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2007, 12:59 pm

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Do they charge for parking?
Old Mar 14, 2007, 12:08 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by PrivatePilot
The Sheraton LaGuardia East? $9 for guests; $17 for non-guests from what I can tell from here.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Mar 14, 2007, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by PrivatePilot
William is right. Valet parking in the basement with in and out privileges cost $9 per night for guest.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL Gold, UAL Premier, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy
Could anyone make a specific recommendation, particularly within a safe walk (don't mind walking far--I'm a walker--but want sidewalks)?

Thanks.
There is a restaurant on the same block, essentially in the same building. If you're facing the hotel, it's to your right. It's open very late, I think until 3 am. The people at the front desk recommended it to me, and it was delicious - I had bitter melon soup and fried eel. Apparently its doesnt readily translate into English.

If you're talking about walking around during the day, you are perfectly safe (probably at night as well, but you might be uncomfortable). If you want more selections, do a search on NYTimes for Main Street Flushing. It seems they do an article about every six months and give good detail to make choices
Old Mar 14, 2007, 6:28 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
I know the parking lot was closed to build a pool and gym, has any one used them?
Old May 24, 2007, 8:40 pm

Programs: DL/PM, *Wood Platinum
Is there a lounge at this hotel?
Old May 24, 2007, 9:00 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA PE, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Yes, there is a lounge on 17th floor opposite to the elevators if my memory serves me right.
Old May 25, 2007, 10:13 pm

Programs: spg-plat, aa-1mm and exp,hh-Diamond,hyatt-gld
sheraton LGA

Originally Posted by aaac
Yes, there is a lounge on 17th floor opposite to the elevators if my memory serves me right.

Very informal setting- almost intimate. Accessible by your room key. I spent the last week in and out of the hotel. They have tv, computer printer, refrigerator which was stocked with soft drinks and water. 6PM opens with cheese/crackers/fruit and during the day can get fruit, potato chips, pretzels etc. Usually is staffed at night by an employee but not stationed in the lounge. Think drinks(the stronger stuff) are available for a fee.
Old May 28, 2007, 6:31 pm

Programs: starwood plat, delta plat
Highly recommend exploring

As a nyc native I have not stayed at the Sheraton LGA but I have heard it is better then one would expect.

I HIGHLY recommend exploring the neighborhood as it is the largest China town in the US and has amazing authentic cuisine from almost every region in China.

Check out Spicey & Tastey, one of my favorites. Regarding traffic into LGA it should never be more then 10 or 15 minutes, its really close and easy to do on the back roads. Count on the 7 train always being much much faster into midtown then a cab.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 2:48 pm

Programs: DL/PM, *Wood Platinum
Originally Posted by prosen
As a nyc native I have not stayed at the Sheraton LGA but I have heard it is better then one would expect.

I HIGHLY recommend exploring the neighborhood as it is the largest China town in the US and has amazing authentic cuisine from almost every region in China.

Check out Spicey & Tastey, one of my favorites. Regarding traffic into LGA it should never be more then 10 or 15 minutes, its really close and easy to do on the back roads. Count on the 7 train always being much much faster into midtown then a cab.
Thanks for the recommendation (if you have any others, please pass them along!) ^
I was interested in your comment about cab vs. 7 train into midtown. On Monday my wife will be finishing a meeting at around 5pm in Midtown and has to be back out to LGA by 6:15. Do you recommend cabbing it at this time to LGA or should she take the 7 out to a station near LGA and then take a cab (and if so, what station would you recommend?).
Old Dec 3, 2007, 1:14 pm

Thumbs up Good stay at Sheraton LaGuardia

Stayed here on Dec. 1. Pleasantly surprised. Picked up quickly at the airport. Was upgraded to 16th floor. Was a little surprised that the only newspaper in the Executive Lounge was in Chinese. Thought the staff was excellent. Our room was quiet and comfortable. There are many, many restaurants within walking distance--All Asian I believe. We were the only non-Chinese in the corner restaurant and had a very good meal. Would definitely stay here again.^
Old Jul 19, 2008, 6:37 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
I have an early morning arrival into LGA on a friday morning.
What is the chance of an early(10-11 am)check in at this property?
Or should I just dump my bags and head into the city(hitting MoMa for most of the day)and then going back to check in-freshen up-head back to town to meet friends.
Old Jul 19, 2008, 7:26 am

The earliest I was able to get a room in Sheraton LGA is about 12pm, if you don't mind your bed preference. Again, I never try anything earlier. Once , I was told to come back at checkin time when I showed up at 2pm. So, you may get lucky if the hotel is not full the night before. I believe SPG Plat will give you a slight edge.
As a gold, I always got lounge access there (but the lounge is nothing to write home about).
Old Jul 19, 2008, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
I have an early morning arrival into LGA on a friday morning.
What is the chance of an early(10-11 am)check in at this property?
Or should I just dump my bags and head into the city(hitting MoMa for most of the day)and then going back to check in-freshen up-head back to town to meet friends.
AFAICT: this hotel is frequented by lots of LGA flight crews, so I'd think there are a lot of odd hour check-out/check-ins.
Old Jul 19, 2008, 5:49 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nroscoe
AFAICT: this hotel is frequented by lots of LGA flight crews, so I'd think there are a lot of odd hour check-out/check-ins.
I know I always see the ANA crew in the lobby around 4:30 am waiting for the shuttle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.