Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton LaGuardia East (Flushing), NY [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton LaGuardia East (Flushing), NY [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2006, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
Does the hotel offer a free shuttle from LGA?
Yes
Old Oct 31, 2006, 4:53 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Stayed about a year and a half ago on a AAA rate of ~$139 for Club level room. Had to remind them that I was supposed to get club access. Was put in an accessible room with wet carpet and bathroom floor (presumably a toilet overflow of some sort--hey, it is Flushing). Called downstairs and was moved to another room sans safety bars and water on floor and given 500 points for the trouble. Overall, comfortable room and friendly staff (especially shuttle driver who offered to pick us up from car rental location and bring us back to hotel). Club lounge was comfy with huge TV that had mediocre reception. I remember the hallway doors looked sloppily painted, but the hotel was in pretty good shape otherwise. Wouldn't choose this property except for in/out of La Guardia (which is why we were there) or if I had other business in the immediate area.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 8:20 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
I stay their often. It is maybe 4 miles from LGA. Traffic around dinner time is a bear, but at night it is an easy drive. I am upgraded to a suite often, but normally I only stay one night either when flying in or out? Also the rates are a lot better then downtown NYC.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 9:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat; Air Canada E75K; Westjet Platinum
I had consider staying here given NYC is so expensive. The subway seems very accessible but would involve a 35 min commute to midtown. Next time I will give it a try if I am only doing a 1 nighter.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 10:57 am

Update?

Any recent update regarding parking, room, shuttle to LGA? I am considering staying there for 3 nights in Dec.
Help appreciated!
Old Nov 8, 2006, 11:19 am

Programs: aa exp and ck, spg plat, hz pc, dl life gld, marriott life plat, others
back in August they were in the midst of rebuilding part of the parking garage, which left only a single lane to drive down or up from the street that elongated getting in and out of your car. I assume that is all finished by now but perhaps a call to the hotel (or a post by someone who stayed there more recently) will clear it up.
Old Jan 9, 2007, 6:33 am

Finished my stay. The room was good, except the blanket and the bathroom. I don't understand why do they still have those blankets instead of down comforter. The bathroom was small but good water pressure even on the top floor. Wireless was spotty in the room Two bottles of water provided which is always nice^ \
We are entitled to 4 pm late check out but the hotel said the latest we could have was 2 pm Airport shuttle is NOT run on schedule despite what the front desk told me at checkin. One have to inform the hotel when you want the shuttle and after that, the shuttle only departs hotel at the half hour mark. The reception service was okay trying to help me regarding the shuttle issue.

Overall, I would stay again because of its location and the good room.
Old Jan 11, 2007, 12:35 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
I will be staying there this evening. Can anyone comment on how long the shuttle ride to LGA would be during the morning, say at 7 or 8?
Old Jan 11, 2007, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by davesfolhr
I will be staying there this evening. Can anyone comment on how long the shuttle ride to LGA would be during the morning, say at 7 or 8?
This post does not mention how long it takes to get to LGA but does mention that the shuttle does not run on schedule. On that basis plus typical rush hour traffic, it would behoove you to budget quite a bit of time to get to the airport.
Old Jan 11, 2007, 6:58 pm

My Christmas supposedly 3:30pm departure shuttle (actually departure time was 3:45pm since the hotel had to scramble a driver after I complained) took less than 10 minutes to LGA.
Old Jan 11, 2007, 10:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
Knowing NYC, and particularly the LI traffic, from years of living there, the 7am shuttle is likely to take half as long as the 8am.

I stayed there in October. Great staff (I needed to go over to Queens College for something, and they couldn't get me a car service fast enough so one of the employees drove me in the shuttle). The 530am shuttle had me at the gate at LGA (UA) before boarding started for a 630am flight.
Old Jan 12, 2007, 2:24 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LifetimeTitanium, UA Plat 2MM, LHW LeadersClub, IHGPlat, HiltonDiamnd, ASMVPG100K, WyndDiamnd
Was considering staying there tonight, as I have an early flight out, but it is $209 per night which is amazingly more than the W New York, Le Parker Méridien New York, the Sheraton Manhattan or the Sheraton NY and the same price as the W New York - The Tuscany. Guess I will just wake up early.
Old Jan 14, 2007, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
Originally Posted by Nevsky
Was considering staying there tonight, as I have an early flight out, but it is $209 per night which is amazingly more than the W New York, Le Parker Méridien New York, the Sheraton Manhattan or the Sheraton NY and the same price as the W New York - The Tuscany. Guess I will just wake up early.
I wonder if that's due to the weather in the central region, and an expectation that many flights will be cancelled (leading to airline referrals and crews getting stuck an extra night)?
Old Mar 7, 2007, 8:32 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by TimMeineke
There are many great, very authentic Chinese restaurants in the area
Could anyone make a specific recommendation, particularly within a safe walk (don't mind walking far--I'm a walker--but want sidewalks)?

Thanks.
Old Mar 8, 2007, 12:17 am

Programs: AGR WOH
You might find yourself walking in the streets sometimes -- not because there aren't sidewalks, but because they're thronged (and often displaced for construction these days).

Restaurant turnover in Flushing is pretty high, but one consistently entertaining choice is East Buffet, 4207 Main St. It has a smaller, a la carte restaurant and several takeout stands (bakery, bubble tea/coffee, and "deli," if that's what you call takeout meat) downstairs with a giant buffet and dim sum banquet hall upstairs. I've had much better food at the restaurant than in the dim sum; have never tried the buffet. To get there, find the LIRR station (not hard), walk to the other side, cross Main Street toward the shiny library, and keep going another block and a half up Main.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.