Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton LaGuardia East (Flushing), NY [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton LaGuardia East (Flushing), NY [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2008, 7:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
I have an early morning arrival into LGA on a friday morning.
What is the chance of an early(10-11 am)check in at this property?
Or should I just dump my bags and head into the city(hitting MoMa for most of the day)and then going back to check in-freshen up-head back to town to meet friends.
I had no trouble a few weeks ago checking in here about that time on a Friday.
Old Sep 1, 2008, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Originally Posted by marcus613
This property is a bit quirky but well run.

The hotel restaurant is one of the best hotel restaurants in the US. Excellent chinese food and the breakfasts are wonderful with great traditional selections as well as asian fare.
Is this still the case?
Is there a great dim sum place real close by?
Old Sep 1, 2008, 9:10 pm

Walk across Main St. on 39th Ave. A place called Ming Restaurant (not sure the name) right on the intersection at 138th St and 39th Ave is pretty good for Dim Sum.

Got 4pm late check out despite sold out night due to US open^
Old Jan 13, 2009, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is there a concierge lounge that is open on weekends...and how late. Free wifi throughout the hotel?
Old Mar 2, 2009, 11:21 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Anyone have any recent comments about this hotel?
Old Mar 2, 2009, 12:45 pm

Programs: aa exp and ck, spg plat, hz pc, dl life gld, marriott life plat, others
I was just there Wednesday.

The hotel is doing major renovations which leaves multiple floors closed. As I arrived late and left early, I have no idea if there is any noise to content with.

The major consequence is that upgrades become quite a bit more limited. Shame, as this property has been really good with upgrades, giving me the suites for the majority of my stays, but it is a temporary issue.

They expect all the renovations to end in April.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 8:59 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by eightmillionmiler
They expect all the renovations to end in April.

I hope they replace the doors as that was a major noise issue with this hotel - thin doors.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 8:00 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Just stayed here this week on a 1 night stay. Given huge suite without prompting. Bath newly remodeled and front desk even told me they are giving extra 500 points because counter wasnt installed yet (pedestal sink was fine for me, but happily took the 500).

Main downside was that the suite seemed to wrap around the elevator shaft so there was an annoying elevator noise in the room that didnt stop til early morning. Had 6am flight out of LGA so not so great sleep that night. But suite was really nice, 2 huge LCDs, hardwood floor for most and new bathroom.
Old Jun 13, 2009, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Platinum, others
I'm there now. Checked in for a 1 night pre-flight stay. Gold upgrade to a Executive King room... pretty nice, overall. Plus, a point bonus because of the pedestal-sink issue.(500? 1000? we'll see). Great for the price...
Old Jun 18, 2009, 6:25 am

Lounge is changing!

No more snacks and fruits. Breakfast voucher is provided instead. No more package juices and bottle waters. Soda is still there but they are rarely replenish once they run out. I still have to thank the hotel for giving lounge access (and breakfast voucher) to gold and above^
Old Feb 24, 2010, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
I've had a number of good experiences at this hotel. Each stay seems to result in a suite upgrade (all the suites I've been given seem the same, but are quite nice). I've found the front desk staff to be very friendly and accommodating. Can't really comment on lounges, restaurants, etc., as all of my stays have been brief overnights between flights. Below are some photos of a suite I was given on a recent stay:

Work Desk

Living Room

Bedroom

Bathroom
Old Mar 15, 2010, 4:58 pm

Programs: Star Alliance - AC
Just had a great stay last night.

Upgraded to a suite and nothing but a great experience,
Staff went out of the way, lending us his umbrella during a rain storm.

We were not expecting much since it was in Flushing but we were totally blown away.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 10:28 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
C&P availability is still there for Labor Day weekend during US Open tennis events. Best cash rate is showing as $399. Also available for the finals weekend and most other days during the tournament.
Old May 7, 2010, 7:08 am

Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel , Safe to walk around at night ?

I need to take the subway to work and it looks like only few hundred yards from the hotel. Is that area safe say around 11 PM at night ?

Jay
Old May 7, 2010, 7:21 am

Programs: Mile-High Club, Marriott Plt, SPG P-75, PC Plt, Hyatt Dia, Carlson Gold, BW Dia
I wouldn't worry about it. While many of the shops will be closed/closing around 10pm, the streets stay quite busy. It's a very short walk to the hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.