Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton LaGuardia East (Flushing), NY [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton LaGuardia East (Flushing), NY [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2005, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Motion122
If you walk another block, there is also a train to Penn Station I believe for $5.00 and a quick 15-20 minute ride.
Long Island Railroad (LIRR) $7 from Flushing Main Street to New York Penn Station during rush hour. That's only 5 dollars more than the subway. The LIRR train station is on 41 Av and Main St. LIRR has a train every 30 minutes. Also the 7 express train only runs during rush hours (morning to Manhattan, evening to Flushing)

LIRR Flushing Main Street Station http://mta.info/lirr/html/ttn/flushing.htm

Last edited by money_opp; Jun 9, 2005 at 8:17 pm
Old Jun 4, 2005, 10:17 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Originally Posted by money_opp
Long Island Railroad (LIRR) $2.25 from Flushing Main Street to New York Penn Station. That's only 25 cents more than the subway. The LIRR train station is on 41 Av and Main St. LIRR has a train every 30 minutes. Also the 7 express train only runs during rush hours (morning to Manhattan, evening to Flushing)

LIRR Flushing Main Street Station http://mta.info/lirr/html/ttn/flushing.htm
I apologize for the error in train fare, I was only told by a local in Flushing that it is $5. Perhaps that person has never taken it himself.
Old Jun 4, 2005, 9:14 pm

Programs: UA 2MM Lifetime Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I'm here tonight and although I'm not thrilled with this place, I'll give you my views on the good and the bad:

Good - Free Airport transportation. You have to call and it is a 10-15 drive, but its a plus.
Good - Subway is 1/2 block away. Go out the back, turn left, and there it is.
Good - Free wireless Internet.
Bad - All the nearby doors you can hear inside your room fairly loud (I guess it is the door closers they use make them all close hard enough to be heard).
Good/Bad - Depending on what you like, if you want to eat around there it is pretty much all Asian. When you go outside you would think you were in Asia.

I have stayed here before and walked around looking for a Bar (which I never did find one, and the one in the Hotel other than the Lobby Bar was closed). I was not afraid to walk around at 11pm. I never went more than 3 blocks or so, but within the main business district it seemed fine to me.

I am on the 15th floor (I have a Sweet Sleeper Bed) which I don't think is the Club level (at least it doesn't say it is) but I was given access (a key) to the Club Lounge on the 16th floor. But I never used it, so I have no idea what they have there other than they have it.

I'd much prefer Manhattan, but I'm flying out of LGA early so it is very convenient for that. It isn't the lap of luxury, but it is functional if you get a reasonable rate. IMO the main value it has is access to the airport, and the Subway.
Old Jun 4, 2005, 10:20 pm

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
Thanks for the update. Sounds like it will meet my needs just fine. For $45 plus 2800 a night it will serve my needs. Still have to find a cheap car rental for Sunday of my trip to get out to New Rochelle.
Old Jun 4, 2005, 11:00 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Originally Posted by 1K_From_SNA
Bad - All the nearby doors you can hear inside your room fairly loud (I guess it is the door closers they use make them all close hard enough to be heard).
I will second that. I was on the 16th, the club floor and I can hear everyone on that floor closing their doors and people going in and out of the club lounge in the morning. However, if you are an early riser that wouldn't be a real issue.
Old Jul 10, 2005, 6:16 pm

500 Platinum amenity points never posted. Contacted SPG twice by email without a response.
Old Jul 10, 2005, 7:56 pm

Programs: UA 2MM Lifetime Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Motion122
500 Platinum amenity points never posted. Contacted SPG twice by email without a response.
Mine never posted automatically either. I'll PM you the email for the General Manager and hopefully he will fix it for you. Personally I think he is worthless, when I spoke with him he told me he sells out all the time so his "desire to please" in less than satisfactory IMO.
Old Jul 10, 2005, 8:05 pm

Thank you! ^
Old Sep 28, 2005, 3:53 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL Gold, UAL Premier, SPG Plat, HH Gold
I stayed there last night and was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is new and in good condition. I was given a suite on the 11th floor with a giant plasma TV and windows that opened. The restaurant next store (called Hu Wa, apparently there is no English translation for this) is open until 4am, I got excellent eel with chives and bitter melon soup. The LIRR is indeed close by, but the entrance is on a side street; the rush hour fare for a ticket bought on the train is $12. Not much food in the club lounge breakfast, but it is OK for cereal, juice, and coffee.

Overall, I found it was a very pleasant experience, not too much trouble to get to Manhattan, so I'd definitely stay there again if flying in to LGA.
Old Sep 28, 2005, 9:11 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Good food too

This property is a bit quirky but well run.

The hotel restaurant is one of the best hotel restaurants in the US. Excellent chinese food and the breakfasts are wonderful with great traditional selections as well as asian fare.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 2:24 pm

Sheraton LaGuardia (Flushing) Master Thread

Would people recommend staying there?

thanks... ks
Old Oct 31, 2006, 2:34 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Nice hotel as it is pretty new (circa 3 years old). But it is not really at LGA, located miles away in Flushing (so maybe 20 min from LGA, vs. 40 min from LGA for the manhattan properties). Priced high for what it is, but then so is the rest of NYC. Overall I would recommend it, but only because everything closer to LGA is worse, and everything of similar quality in manhattan costs twice as much.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL Gold, UAL Premier, SPG Plat, HH Gold
There are many great, very authentic Chinese restaurants in the area
Old Oct 31, 2006, 2:47 pm

Programs: aa exp and ck, spg plat, hz pc, dl life gld, marriott life plat, others
I stay there often.

Always upgraded to club floor level.

Definitely a misnomer as it is not near LGA. The area is pretty congested, but can be walked to many local restaurants. Driving a bit more of a pain.

Erratic on posting Plat Amenity points, but then so are a majority of the SPG properties
Old Oct 31, 2006, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Does the hotel offer a free shuttle from LGA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.