Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Cerritos Hotel, CA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Cerritos Hotel, CA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2015, 8:08 am

My stay here was very typical. I didn't like this location (for my travel needs) compared to the Sheraton in Anaheim. The Anaheim hotel was a newer hotel compared to this.

I had to take 91, which was never fun. I agree that this hotel is just a typical business hotel. Not really for a leisure traveler.

Originally Posted by bcrdukes
I just completed a 5-night stay at the Sheraton Cerritos.

Pros
- Good freeway access
- Very quiet city and location
- Access to restaurants and shops nearby

Cons
- The staff here need better training. Most were very unprofessional.
- Front desk staff here did not recognize SPG status and benefits. They forgot my breakfast voucher (included in my booking rate) and gave me a hard time about it.
- Confirmed: There is no Sheraton Club Lounge at this property. They have a Club floor (8th floor) but that's it.
- The internet here is wonky. Speeds were variable and unreliable at times.
- Breakfast buffet was nothing particularly special. Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, pastries, fruits, cereals. That's about it. I ended up passing on it altogether.
- Lobby for socializing is almost non-existent. This property is more of a conference centre than anything.
- Walls are thin. I heard my neighbours next door getting it on. Maybe this is a pro if this is your kind of thing?
- The fountains in the lobby were pretty annoying.

Considering the price paid, it wasn't bad, and I was here on business. I would not recommend coming for leisure, unless you're getting a great deal. I requested a room upgrade, and it was honoured, but the description of the room matched the exact one I booked, so...yeah. I've been to this property a number of years ago and got a suite as SPG Gold, but not this time around. Nothing has changed much here.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 4:00 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta Skymiles, SPG
Originally Posted by factory81
My stay here was very typical. I didn't like this location (for my travel needs) compared to the Sheraton in Anaheim. The Anaheim hotel was a newer hotel compared to this.

I had to take 91, which was never fun. I agree that this hotel is just a typical business hotel. Not really for a leisure traveler.
I'll keep the Sheraton Anaheim in mind for next time. I was reluctant to stay there based on where I needed to be and to avoid taking the freeways during rush hour, but I will highly consider it again next month when I'm back. Thanks!
Old Dec 16, 2015, 5:29 pm

I definitely loved the Anaheim Sheraton over it. Newer property (or refreshed compared to the other Sheraton), there is a lounge. The highway was much easier, I just took highway 22 to the 405. Much easier.

Originally Posted by bcrdukes
I'll keep the Sheraton Anaheim in mind for next time. I was reluctant to stay there based on where I needed to be and to avoid taking the freeways during rush hour, but I will highly consider it again next month when I'm back. Thanks!
Old Sep 2, 2021, 9:08 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
First post in ~7 years here

If you get upgraded to a Jr. Suite, make sure it's not an "X28" room- the left bedroom wall is right next to the elevator bank. Good thing I'm a sound sleeper
Old Jul 17, 2022, 11:23 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Another good stay. Upgraded to a high floor deluxe room even though the hotel was fully booked. Received both the breakfast voucher and bonus points. 4PM late checkout given, again on a fully booked hotel.
Old Jun 27, 2023, 8:47 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Any recent experiences in this hotel?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.