Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Cerritos Hotel, CA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Cerritos Hotel, CA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2008, 11:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by anchor79
which Korean BBQ did u go to ? is it in Cerritos?
Not in Cerritos - Cham Sut Gol on Olympic (3700) near La Brea. Best BBQ I've ever had. Unfortunately, not the best place to go by yourself (as I ended up doing that night) - the combos are for 2-3 people and if you want to try more than one type of meat, you need to order multiple plates as they won't mix and match.

I had the unseasoned sliced beef with a dipping sauce of sesame oil, pepper, salt and seasonings (unbelievably good) - don't overcook this. On Yelp, everyone raved about spicy pork belly so I just had to have it and it was sooooo delicious. I was probably somewhere around 7,000 calories for the dinner - and with all that spice, I needed something sweet to cool it down, so that required a stop at SK Donuts. Needless to say, upon return to the hotel, the last thing on my mind was ordering an appetizer, comped or not - and I should have skipped the breakfast the next morning too, although I just grazed a bit after finding the smoked salmon was AWOL.

Since we've gone way off topic already, the lobster place is Newport Seafood on W 1st on the border of Westminster and Santa Ana. Their signature 'Newport Lobster' is the most divine non-traditional lobster dish you may ever have. Policy is cash only, but they will accept credit cards from confused looking 'gwyloh' - my Chinese friends just give me their card and I had it over so they will accept it
Old Aug 4, 2008, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
I usually go to Sam Woo BBQ on South Street@ Pioneer.
1/2 roast duck and BBQ pork pan fried noodles with vegetables-a feast for under $20.
And this one is nicer than the one close to me in Monterey Park.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 8:09 pm

Stayed there a couple of times. Never received a suite upgrade, but they have a nice property so no complaints from me. I booked my mother-in-law there for a night after her house got broken into and my father-in-law was out-of-town they treated her very well even though she speaks very little english and I know the communication was difficult, because they had to call me to get something with the reservation fixed.

I think it is a pretty good location.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Quick Update:

This hotel has now become one of my favorite hotels in the Starwood System: consistent Platinum recognition, great benefits, and friendly staff.

All of their club floor rooms and suites (perhaps even regular rooms) now have 46-50 LCD TV with brand spanking new Sheraton beddings and pillows---much like the Westin with white comforter covers.

They recently added an an omlette station to their breakfast buffet, which is fantastic considering they give those free to Platinums.

A few of the Front desk agent now personally recognize me ^ When I arrived last time, a new agent was helping me with my check in, as soon as I told him my name (maybe they have cameras in the front desk manager's office ), the agent who knows me dashed out of the office and literally pushed the new agent aside and welcomed me personally. Before I opened my mouth, she apologized for having a suite near the elevator (she knows I don't like them) and told me that she had already put notes in my account so the room assigning person would know to give me another suite, so she was puzzled as to why I still got that suite. She apologized profusely and said they were pretty booked that night so they didn't have another one available. She then took out the floor plans, asked me if I still wanted the suite, if not, which floor and which room I would like ^ She also knew that I liked the appetizers and even though they have recently stopped giving out Platinum appetizers (I believe), she told me I could have it anytime I want. I told her what I wanted and she sent it up in no time with bottles of water ^ Now that's great customer service for repeated guest! ^

One of the check out agents also now recognizes me and whenever I approach her, before I open my mouth, she greets me by name.

They have really turned around from a property that needed serious training to a fantastic property. Bravo! ^

I highly recommend it.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
Quick Update:

This hotel has now become one of my favorite hotels in the Starwood System: consistent Platinum recognition, great benefits, and friendly staff.

All of their club floor rooms and suites (perhaps even regular rooms) now have 46-50 LCD TV with brand spanking new Sheraton beddings and pillows---much like the Westin with white comforter covers.

They recently added an an omlette station to their breakfast buffet, which is fantastic considering they give those free to Platinums.

A few of the Front desk agent now personally recognize me ^ When I arrived last time, a new agent was helping me with my check in, as soon as I told him my name (maybe they have cameras in the front desk manager's office ), the agent who knows me dashed out of the office and literally pushed the new agent aside and welcomed me personally. Before I opened my mouth, she apologized for having a suite near the elevator (she knows I don't like them) and told me that she had already put notes in my account so the room assigning person would know to give me another suite, so she was puzzled as to why I still got that suite. She apologized profusely and said they were pretty booked that night so they didn't have another one available. She then took out the floor plans, asked me if I still wanted the suite, if not, which floor and which room I would like ^ She also knew that I liked the appetizers and even though they have recently stopped giving out Platinum appetizers (I believe), she told me I could have it anytime I want. I told her what I wanted and she sent it up in no time with bottles of water ^ Now that's great customer service for repeated guest! ^

One of the check out agents also now recognizes me and whenever I approach her, before I open my mouth, she greets me by name.

They have really turned around from a property that needed serious training to a fantastic property. Bravo! ^

I highly recommend it.
Sounds like something I would say about this property. I was there 3-4 weekends a month for about 3 months straight and still stay there once a month or so.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 9:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
If they brought back the smoked salmon tray to the breakfast buffet, I'd declare this hotel 'Sheraton Perfection'.
Old Oct 17, 2008, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Just checked in-great front desk personel.
Upgraded to one of the V shaped suites-very nice!
Love the new TV's BlissWorld mentioned above
The Bedding looks like the Westin Bedding-looking forward to trying it out.

I really like the"link"area here-with the waterfall in the background it is really nice.

They are offering a "Shared Holiday Party"which is a fantastic concept for smaller groups=offices.$80 per and rooms for $99
Old Oct 18, 2008, 4:43 pm

Programs: Delta PM, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
My project in LA moved and I've started staying here. I'm still waiting on my status match from HH Diamond to Plat (hello SPG? over 2 weeks now...) but I've been using my corporate rate to book on the club floor w/ breakfast and water. One week I booked myself into a Jr. Suite - odd thing about this one was that it didnt' include breakfast. If they had a rate that was the suite + breakfast I would do it.

Anyways - very nice hotel, good rooms. One thing no one has mentioned that I've only seen at the Beverly Hilton is that, yes, they have the large flat screens, but (and as a AV guy this matters), they actually provide HD CHANNELS to watch! Most hotels that have flat screens just provide you with the standard definition channels which look awful on the big screens. I've really enjoyed watching MNF in HD after a long travel Monday from ATL. Almost like being at home. The food is reasonably priced. The bar area is small and strange with the constant noise of the waterfall sort of thing going on but on Monday's they offer cheap drinks and 1/2 priced appetizers.

Breakfast is very good - fruits and such but the cooked to order omelets are really quite nice.

All and all a great hotel and value for the money. My rate varies from $150 to $175 a night without tax.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 12:36 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Lofwyr
My project in LA moved and I've started staying here. I'm still waiting on my status match from HH Diamond to Plat (hello SPG? over 2 weeks now...)...
My apologies for the delay, but due to an overwhelming number of fraud issues surrounding these requests, these are now being reviewed by SPG Accounts Integrity before Platinum Concierge can act on them.

Still, if you have an email address on your SPG profile, you should have gotten an email saying that it can take 30 days, or longer, to complete these requests. I would check the spam/bulk file first and if it isn't there, I would re-send the documentation.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Oct 20, 2008, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
My apologies for the delay, but due to an overwhelming number of fraud issues surrounding these requests, these are now being reviewed by SPG Accounts Integrity before Platinum Concierge can act on them.

Still, if you have an email address on your SPG profile, you should have gotten an email saying that it can take 30 days, or longer, to complete these requests. I would check the spam/bulk file first and if it isn't there, I would re-send the documentation.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

Thanks for the replay - I did receive the email 10/1 saying it could take up to 30 days. I was just hoping it would happen faster as I'm losing points for each stay by not having Gold or Plat.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
I have been here couple of times and the stays have been satisfactory. Nothing bad but nothing exceptionally great either.

It is freezing cold right now in LA and it seems that the heaters at the hotel are not able to keep rooms warm. Also they don't have any portable heaters. I am literally freezing here......
Old Dec 17, 2008, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by holtju2
I have been here couple of times and the stays have been satisfactory. Nothing bad but nothing exceptionally great either.

It is freezing cold right now in LA and it seems that the heaters at the hotel are not able to keep rooms warm. Also they don't have any portable heaters. I am literally freezing here......
I was just there last night (at Westin South Coast Plaza right now) and the room heated up just fine. It isn't really that cold. Maybe for So Cal people but it is colder back in Atlanta where I live.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 12:40 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by holtju2
It is freezing cold right now in LA
<snicker>

Uh, a little rain (or as they like to call it out here, a WINTER STORMMMMMM!!!!) and ~45-degree temps ain't "freezing cold".
Old Apr 10, 2009, 9:21 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I just did two one night stays at the Sheraton Cerritos. I was upgraded to a junior suite, the exact same room, both stays.

As a plat, I was given 2 breakfast coupons each day and free internet access in the room (also part of Club level room benefits). Breakfast buffet in the restaurant was pretty good. They even had small bottles of real maple syrup ^(goes well with peanut butter) for pancakes and French Toast. The TV has to be at least 48" and actually has HD channels. It was nice watching NCAA Men's basketball final on a large HDTV in a hotel room.

This is certainly one of the nicest Sheratons in the US.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 11:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Gold, United MP Premier, Alaska Air, BA, Qantas, ANZ
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
Quick Update:

I highly recommend it.

Cool--I'm going this week. I was there a year ago and got the treatment you describe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.