Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Cerritos Hotel, CA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Cerritos Hotel, CA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2008, 1:10 am

have they finish renovating this property yet?
Old Apr 14, 2008, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by anchor79
When were they supposed to start?
Old Apr 14, 2008, 1:37 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor

What renovation? I was just there 2 weekends ago and the hotel itself and the room has been the same.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 1:40 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Originally Posted by bocastephen
The hotel is great and they take care of Plats - but it seems the experience received is pretty much up to the agent. I had a great agent during my last stay who offered all the benefits up front. Your bad agent produced a completely different experience for a Plat customer - and perception is everything.

More fuel for your other thread - Starwood really needs to work on service consistency. One hotel. Two Plats. Two totally opposite experiences. It shouldn't be that way.
I agree. some agents there did not know Platinums are supposed to get the breakfast coupons and room uprades if available.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 4:25 am

so most plats at this hotel gets jr. suite but the coupon u have to ask for it ? how's the buffet there?
Old Apr 14, 2008, 8:10 am

so most plats at this hotel gets jr. suite but the coupon u have to ask for it ? how's the buffet there?
If a suite is available, a Plat should be able to get it.

Some with agents you do. I think out of my dozen stays there, only once I had to ask about the breakfast coupons.

The breakfast is decent, there was an omelet station during my last stay, something new they just added?

The waiter there is excellent!
Old Apr 14, 2008, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Don't forget the free appetizer for Platinums as well
Old Apr 14, 2008, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I'm liking this property more and more. I feel like they are really trying ^

Well, the 5K per stay bonus certainly helps
Old Apr 14, 2008, 9:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
I'm liking this property more and more. I feel like they are really trying ^

Well, the 5K per stay bonus certainly helps

I booked a few 5000 bonus points reservations a few months back also. Did your 5000 bonus points posted with your stay credit?
Old Apr 14, 2008, 10:09 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Compare to most sheraton, the breakfast at this place ranks up there. In fact, I rather have the breakfast coupons than a club lounge if all breakfast was like this.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jlcchien
I booked a few 5000 bonus points reservations a few months back also. Did your 5000 bonus points posted with your stay credit?
yup, right on time ^

Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Compare to most sheraton, the breakfast at this place ranks up there. In fact, I rather have the breakfast coupons than a club lounge if all breakfast was like this.
The Platinum appetizer is also a nice touch. I usually get the $13 crabtini delivered to my room, for free of course
Old Jun 29, 2008, 2:18 am

Programs: A few
Nice Staff, Nice Rooms, Plenty of Upgrades

Stays: 9 separate stays, from March 2008 - May 2008

Room: Deluxe Room, Junior Suite

Upgrades: Room Upgrades, Breakfast Buffet

Comments: I stayed here for 9 separate stays over the course of several months and was pleasantly surprised. The location is very nice, across from the Cerritos Performing Arts Center and several restaurants. The staff is very nice, I received a room upgrade 2/3 of the time, without asking, once to a Junior Suite. The breakfast buffet is nice. The rooms are all recently renovated and are all very well done with plasma TV's and updated bathrooms. For the price, very good property.

Cheers,

Adrian
Old Aug 4, 2008, 10:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Another great stay at what I consider one of the best Sheraton locations in the US - by far.

At check-in, they had me already upgraded to one of the suites - I didn't even have to ask. How many other Sheratons do this?

Given my breakfast coupons for the daily buffet - again, without being asked.

Front desk staff was personable, aware of SPG benefits and pretty much followed the key points of the post-stay survey many of us receive.

After gorging myself almost unconscious at one of LA's top Korean BBQs, I had no room to try my complimentary appetizer, but I know it was available to me if I wanted it. The buffet was missing the smoked salmon tray - which I was looking forward to, but I didn't want to overdo it there anyway, as we had plans for lobster at an incomparable Viet-Chinese seafood place in Westminster.

Another visit to the Sheraton Cerritos - another great stay!
Old Aug 4, 2008, 10:47 am

which Korean BBQ did u go to ? is it in Cerritos?
Old Aug 4, 2008, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bocastephen
At check-in, they had me already upgraded to one of the suites - I didn't even have to ask. How many other Sheratons do this?
Personally, very many

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.