Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Cerritos Hotel, CA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Cerritos Hotel, CA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2010, 9:49 pm

Honestly tho, the only difference at this hotel is the club room have free bottle of water in it while regular rooms do not have it for free. A phone call will solve the problem.

Since the hotel only have 2 guest elevators, I sometimes prefer rooms on the lower floor so I can get to lobby quicker.

Other than that, my only disappointment is that they recently cut back on the breakfast offering..There's no longer Omelette station so you will have to order it but they will not inform you they have omelette as part of the breakfast unless you bought it up.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by Motion122
I bet you checked in today. I was trying to book this property a few days ago, it was already full then. They often hold big conventions and weddings there, that may be why.

Nevertheless, if you booked a club floor, I would demand a club floor. I am sure not everyone staying on the club floor booked a club floor room, otherwise the system would should show zero ability, right?

Did you at least ask for the difference in rate back? And some points for compensation.

I will be there tomorrow...As a returning Platinum(I am there at least 3-4 times a month) guest I usually score a jr. suite.
My demand for the club floor (or an upgrade to suite) fell on deaf ears. There's a wedding downstairs, but that shouldn't be a reason for not honoring a club floor rate. Compensation in the form of the difference in rate, but that doesn't really matter to me. Would have much preferred some points (again, requested to no avail).

Originally Posted by anchor79
Honestly tho, the only difference at this hotel is the club room have free bottle of water in it while regular rooms do not have it for free. A phone call will solve the problem.

Since the hotel only have 2 guest elevators, I sometimes prefer rooms on the lower floor so I can get to lobby quicker.

Other than that, my only disappointment is that they recently cut back on the breakfast offering..There's no longer Omelette station so you will have to order it but they will not inform you they have omelette as part of the breakfast unless you bought it up.
A little reassuring that there's not much difference. The GSA said that the club floor rooms were a little bigger. But this standard room is a decent size (a bit larger than the Sheraton Garden Grove which I stayed at last night, and had a great stay), so I'm not sure how much larger a club floor room is.

One of the elevators are out, but they're allowing guest access to the service elevator. Not sure how much this helps, as you have to push both buttons. So having everyone push two separate call buttons for elevators probably makes for longer wait times for guests.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 11:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by slippahs
My demand for the club floor (or an upgrade to suite) fell on deaf ears. There's a wedding downstairs, but that shouldn't be a reason for not honoring a club floor rate. Compensation in the form of the difference in rate, but that doesn't really matter to me. Would have much preferred some points (again, requested to no avail).

A little reassuring that there's not much difference. The GSA said that the club floor rooms were a little bigger. But this standard room is a decent size (a bit larger than the Sheraton Garden Grove which I stayed at last night, and had a great stay), so I'm not sure how much larger a club floor room is.

One of the elevators are out, but they're allowing guest access to the service elevator. Not sure how much this helps, as you have to push both buttons. So having everyone push two separate call buttons for elevators probably makes for longer wait times for guests.
This is unacceptable, in more ways than one. On my last visit to this hotel, after a streak of consistently good service and almost assured upgrades to either an exec suite (99%) or a Club Floor room (rare), I received no upgrade - and - BOTH elevators were broken.

Staff seemed completely clueless as to what to do about the elevators, refused to allow use of the service elevator, and basically said "just go up the stairs and we'll bring your bag later". I'm like ...?

It was late, there were tons of wedding party people hanging around for the elevator, noisy and drunk, the staff just stood around useless and I finally had enough and told the manager I wanted to be walked to a hotel with proper functioning infrastructure. The manager was clueless about what to do, and while fuddling around, one of the elevators came back to life, so up we went.

I was given 5k pts for my 'trouble' (we waited over 30 min for that elevator to show up), but ironically, they would not give me my 500 Plat pts - I guess they felt the 5k was enough

The buffet breakfast has most certainly lost it's previous lustre - first to go was the smoked salmon, and now the omelet station is gone as well - and the quality of the food on the buffet is poor.

This used to be a stellar hotel - the phenomenal service and great breakfast (free for Plats) made up for the dark and dreary rooms and un-renovated bathrooms - now with service declining and apparently major infrastructure problems, it might be time to find an alternative, or send the GM a note that he needs to get his team back in gear.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Those elevators are pretty bad and need an overhaul. Both were out of service on my last stay so it was the service elevator or the stairs.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 10:17 pm

A bit disappointed with this hotel. Had a Club Level room booked on a corp rate. Get to the hotel and find the hotel booked solid and me in a regular room on the 4th floor. No apologies from the guest service agent.
I had a similar experience at this hotel. I booked a Jr Suite and was given a key to a club room. After entering the club room I called down and they told me I didn't book a suite! I went back to the check-in desk and they admitted their error and offered to lower the rate. Gee, how generous of them to offer not to overcharge me. Finally a manger appeared and she offered 500 points as compensation. Eventually she offered 2,500 points. I felt the compensation should have been more substantial but she disagreed. I will not be back to this property.

Last edited by audio-nut; Jul 31, 2010 at 10:59 pm
Old Jul 31, 2010, 11:51 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Recovery is not a strong point of this hotel...
Old Jul 31, 2010, 11:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Thumbs down

Not only no Platinum upgrade what so ever and was assigned a handicap room Will not return.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 4:28 am

We all need to write to GM to mentioned all the problems. Can someone give me the e mail address to the GM of this property for reference?
Old Aug 1, 2010, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
I am very surprised at all the comments about this hotel. Admittedly, it's been a while since I have stayed at this hotel. But, just a few months ago, I was a regular at this hotel.

I had about at least 20 stays over the last few months. I was upgraded to a junior suite every single time. They also knew that I hated one of the junior suite locations behind an elevator. And during one stay, they told me they were booked solid and that's the only one they had, but was willing to put me in a corner room on another floor and told me to take anything I wanted from their gift shop for the inconvenience ^ Also, free internet every single time (this was before the Plat benefit), free buffet breakfast at the restaurant for 2 every time, as well as a free appetizer from room service everytime plus they also delivered 2 chilled bottled water along with my appetizer order.

All the front desk agent knew me by name. They couldn't have been nicer.

Last year, they had a mistake rate for one of their "Presidential Suites." After emailing the hotel, the manager apologized and honor their mistake.

This is one of the few Sheratons that I really enjoyed staying on a regular basis and I thought their customer service was excellent.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 2:12 pm

Programs: AC SE, SPG P
Wow. I had to check that these posts were from 2010.

We stayed there at the end of July. As a P, I did not get an upgraded room (nothing new as we needed 2Q beds as we were on a family vacation). Was told about the free internet (was charged a fee when trying to log in and it was removed without hesitation at checkout). Was provided with two coupons for the buffet breakfast (the omlette station was working) and had a disproportionate share of the offerings.

As reported, one of the elevators was not in service but our wait was not longer than at other elevator banks where they are all in service. There is a lot of free parking around the hotel.

We did not observe any wedding guests (we were there mid-week) but did observe a guy sitting in the same chair outside the meeting rooms working on his laptop late in the evening and again early the following morning.

How could so many of us have such different experiences during the same time period?
Old Aug 10, 2010, 2:25 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Has anyone talked to the GM about the recent service and infrastructure lapses? I booked here again for September, and I'll have that conversation if no one else will, but if there are problems at the hotel, the sooner someone lets them know these issues are being noticed, the better.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 9:56 am

An update...

Here for stay 2 of 3 in the past week. Both elevators are stable and operational, 2/2 on suite upgrades as Plat, and front desk service delivery seems improved.

Renovations are underway, as the Club and second-from-the-top floors are closed for upgrades right now. There is a display in the lobby showing the new decor choices - not exactly what I would have selected for the hotel at all, but A) it's not my hotel, and B) it's still an improvement over the current state of this property.

Club Floor should open in a few weeks or the end of January.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 9:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, HH Silver
Any recent updates?

Any news on how this property is after the remodel (and if it is complete)? I'm considering staying there at the end of the month and was wondering if I should take a chance that it has improved from some of feedback in mid-2010.

Thanks.
Norm
Old Mar 1, 2011, 9:28 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Originally Posted by TriNorm
Any news on how this property is after the remodel (and if it is complete)? I'm considering staying there at the end of the month and was wondering if I should take a chance that it has improved from some of feedback in mid-2010.

Thanks.
Norm
I am very happy with this property as half of the agents know me by name as I come walking up. The elevator issues seem to have been fixed. I was there once that only the service elevator was working and I end up using the staircase most of the time from the 8th floor!

I was there for a couple of stays in Jan. and Feb. The club floor was nearly done when and they were just putting on the final touches. A few rooms were still being worked on as I can hear the contractors inside, but never did hear any noise when I was in my jr. suite. I must say I like to old decor better, it's too dark now with the dark color carpet. Will I stay here again? Of course, it's the best propery within 10 mile radius of Cerritos.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 7:45 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
As the old carpet was pretty dark to start with I am guessing they went with a very dark brown then?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.