Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Merigot Santa Monica, CA (former JW) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Merigot Santa Monica, CA (former JW) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2010, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
That was a very well-written letter, cwcFlyer. I hope you get some satisfaction.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 4:56 pm

Programs: CO Gold
TY...

Marriott cust service pawned me off back on the Hotel and the Hotel manager send me an e-mail saying he used my letter as a "case study" for an managers meeting for all the depts in the hotel. Later that week I got a call from the manger of housekeeping about leaving the door open, but he just LVM.

They then sent me a Gift Cert for 2 nights "invited guest" at the hotel again... I would have preferred a Marriott cert or partial point refund I could use anywhere because I really don't want to go back to the JWLM, Santa Monica... I don't think I am even heading back that way anytime soon.

anyone want to buy it?? haha
Old Aug 22, 2010, 11:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by cwcFlyer
TY...

Marriott cust service pawned me off back on the Hotel and the Hotel manager send me an e-mail saying he used my letter as a "case study" for an managers meeting for all the depts in the hotel. Later that week I got a call from the manger of housekeeping about leaving the door open, but he just LVM.

They then sent me a Gift Cert for 2 nights "invited guest" at the hotel again... I would have preferred a Marriott cert or partial point refund I could use anywhere because I really don't want to go back to the JWLM, Santa Monica... I don't think I am even heading back that way anytime soon.

anyone want to buy it?? haha
Well to get the obvious out of the way - selling isn't allowed on FT

Actually I'm giving the hotel manager kudos for addressing part of your concerns & using it as a 'case study' & housekeeping calling you as well. A lot of times people just get generic responses.

And I think the 2-nights is also a good gesture, and I'm going to take a wild guess that the hotel will really try to make sure that your next stay is a great one.

I suppose you could try to get it exchanged, but you might want to go back & enjoy yourself, or if it's transferable, give it to a relative or good friend.

Cheers.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 8:32 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
I'll take it!
Old Mar 25, 2011, 5:35 am

Programs: UA 1K, QF Gold
Any updates on the breakfast situation here? Do they still give out 15 dollar vouchers here for elites? (and can it still be used for room service-a nice touch I thought)
Old Jul 4, 2011, 8:11 am
iwc

Originally Posted by simong
Any updates on the breakfast situation here? Do they still give out 15 dollar vouchers here for elites? (and can it still be used for room service-a nice touch I thought)
Any update?
Old Jul 4, 2011, 8:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by iwc
Any update?
Someone had a thread about SoCal properties in the last month or so & stayed there/reported on what they received. I'm too lazy to do a search for you, but I think it might have Newport Beach in the title as they were thinking of staying there if you want to check. Or just do a search on LeMerigot & it should pop up in a # of threads & you might be able to find it that way.

Cheers.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, QF Gold
Yes they still give out the 15 dollar brekkie voucher (as of April) (on the weekend as well as weekday) The voucher no longer stated it could be used for room service but we didn't confirm that as we preferred to eat in the restaurant this trip.

A great room upgrade (as a gold on a LNF rate) to a large corner room with beach/pier view.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 3:13 pm

Programs: MR Platinum, Aer Lingus GC, BA Bronze, Turkish Classic Plus
This thread reminded me about my stay at the hotel a while ago. It will make me feel better to share
  • No plat arrival gift - then insisted they had offered but I had taken points. Which was totally untrue. Manager eventually took 100$ off the bill as a good will gesture - eh no it was my entitlement for you not offering the plat welcome gift
  • Requested a room with no connecting door as we had issues before with noise - got a room with a connecting door. When we asked to be moved there were no other rooms available. Eventually found one, both were road view so we weren't pushing for an upgrade or anything. Thought the least they could do was meet a simple request for a plat
  • Charged us for a half bottle of red wine from the mini bar - neither of us were drinking and it wasn't there when we arrived. No big deal if they'd just removed it but no, this took a 30 minute discussion. Honestly, after 100 nights in marriotts this year, I don't need to take a half bottle of red wine, I would pay for it if I took it!

I wouldn't stay in the hotel again unless it was totally necessary - I thought the Renaissance Hollywood was so much nicer. We continued our trip with a month in Asia where every Marriott we stayed in was outstanding and I forgot all about Le Merigot
Old Jul 4, 2011, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by ellie_nz
I thought the Renaissance Hollywood was so much nicer.
+1

The only thing Merigot has going for it is location, location, location (and that it's affiliated with Marriott and better than the other major chain properties in the area). Though to be fair I think the RC Marina del Rey is quite serviceable.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by Boraxo
+1

it's affiliated with Marriott and better than the other major chain properties in the area
The Loews folks might disagree with this, as would I.

Last edited by ohmark; Jul 5, 2011 at 6:43 am
Old Jul 5, 2011, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by ohmark
The Loews folks might disagree with this, as would I.
Sorry, I don't consider Loews a major chain - IMO the big 5 are SPG, Priority Club, Marriott, Hyatt and Hilton. I focus my earn and spend in these brands.

I certainly wouldn't disagree if someone said Loews and Shutters have better rooms and better locations (though I haven't stayed at either). But they don't count towards MR and I can't spend my MR points there. And as noted above, the other major chain properties are inferior.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 3:46 pm

Programs: RA, UA MM 1k, AA EXP, Marriott LTP, Hyatt Plat, SPG100
JW Le Margiot or Ritz Marina Del Rey?

I've got a long weekend trip coming up to LA-area and trying to decide between these two properties. Anyone have any opinions regarding the two, specifically location and amenities?

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 9:05 pm

What do you like to do? They are both fairly close to the Santa Monica pier (5-10mins) so in terms of locations it could be a wash.

Regarding amenities, I'm not familiar with the JW Lemerigot but did stay at the Ritz and it was excellent. A little older, more classic look but excellent non the less.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by Bachovas
They are both fairly close to the Santa Monica pier (5-10mins)
Le Merigot is a 5-10 minute walk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.