FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Merigot Santa Monica, CA (former JW) [Master Thread]
Old Jul 4, 2011, 3:13 pm
ellie_nz

Programs: MR Platinum, Aer Lingus GC, BA Bronze, Turkish Classic Plus
This thread reminded me about my stay at the hotel a while ago. It will make me feel better to share
  • No plat arrival gift - then insisted they had offered but I had taken points. Which was totally untrue. Manager eventually took 100$ off the bill as a good will gesture - eh no it was my entitlement for you not offering the plat welcome gift
  • Requested a room with no connecting door as we had issues before with noise - got a room with a connecting door. When we asked to be moved there were no other rooms available. Eventually found one, both were road view so we weren't pushing for an upgrade or anything. Thought the least they could do was meet a simple request for a plat
  • Charged us for a half bottle of red wine from the mini bar - neither of us were drinking and it wasn't there when we arrived. No big deal if they'd just removed it but no, this took a 30 minute discussion. Honestly, after 100 nights in marriotts this year, I don't need to take a half bottle of red wine, I would pay for it if I took it!

I wouldn't stay in the hotel again unless it was totally necessary - I thought the Renaissance Hollywood was so much nicer. We continued our trip with a month in Asia where every Marriott we stayed in was outstanding and I forgot all about Le Merigot