Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Merigot Santa Monica, CA (former JW) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Merigot Santa Monica, CA (former JW) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2007, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Message to Chris

Chris; I have no doubt that you are reporting to us what you were told, but if Marriott considers Le Merigot a resort, then why is it not included in Marriott's website listing of all Marriott resorts?

http://marriott.com/resorts/directory.mi#California

Last edited by ohmark; May 10, 2007 at 10:07 pm
Old May 10, 2007, 3:37 pm

Conversely The Del Monte Lodge, A Renaissance Hotel & Spa considers itself a hotel, recognizes Golds and Plats, provides the benefits due them without any prompting whatsoever.

Their front desk assocates accept B1G1 EEOs without blinking an eye and process them correctly. (Twice I've tendered one and both times the folio that was placed under my door was correct.)
Old May 10, 2007, 9:11 pm

Programs: MR Platinum
Interesting...I stayed at this property within the past several months, and as a platinum member, was provided breakfast vouchers for each morning of my stay. I was under the impression that Marriott "resorts" did not provide this benefit to members.
Old May 11, 2007, 6:51 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
Originally Posted by AZJake14
Interesting...I stayed at this property within the past several months, and as a platinum member, was provided breakfast vouchers for each morning of my stay. I was under the impression that Marriott "resorts" did not provide this benefit to members.
I have been given breakfast at some resorts, but it is not a stated benefit and is at the discretion of the property. What your point brings us back to is that Le Merigot is NOT on the list of resorts on marriott.com, and is therefore not a resort. The answer that Chris got sounds like a blow-off answer, IMHO.

Last edited by LPCJr; May 12, 2007 at 3:11 pm Reason: Corrected typo
Old May 12, 2007, 12:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Maybe someone can PM him to take a look at this thread again & address ohmark's point. Cheers.
Old May 14, 2007, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Hi Chris; I noticed you posted a further response to the gift card thread. Perhaps you could also respond to my above question as to the resort status of Le Merigot? I asked about your response that Marriott considered Le Merigot a resort, when Le Merigot is nowhere to be found at Marriott's website listing of all resorts.

Thanks.
Old May 14, 2007, 12:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
Originally Posted by ohmark
Chris; I have no doubt that you are reporting to us what you were told, but if Marriott considers Le Merigot a resort, then why is it not included in Marriott's website listing of all Marriott resorts?

http://marriott.com/resorts/directory.mi#California
My son (also a plat) & his wife went through this with Le Merigot five years ago on their honeymoon. I'll spare the gory details, but he also pointed out that nowhere in any Marriott published materials was Le Merigot listed as a resort. Not to mention that the hotel doesn't name itself as such, nor was it on the list excluded for EEO use.

He called guest services 800# on his cell from the lobby....got agreement with his position, handed the phone to the desk clerk, who still refused to budge. He then used his cell phone to book a different hotel. It was worth it to him to pay more elsewhere than to be "jerked around".

He was pretty sure that the hotel was oversold both nights of his planned stay, and hence couldn't care less about taking care of him....plat or no plat.

It was the only bad experience using several Marriott Properties on his California Honeymoon. He later got an apology (from Marriott, not the hotel) and 60K points added to his MR account if memory serves.

Perhaps arrogance just goes with the neighborhood in Santa Monica. Whatever, it sounds like my son and his wife simply ran into "business as usual". The bottom line point to me is Le Merigot can label itself whatever it wants (I personally would be hard pressed to describe it as a "resort"), but the ambiguity should stop.

Last edited by cyberdad; May 14, 2007 at 12:10 pm
Old May 14, 2007, 1:24 pm
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

All of our resort properties have “Resort” designated in the name. Le Merigot, A JW Marriott Beach Hotel & Spa is not classified as a resort. I apologize that I had the incorrect information previously.

I have forwarded this issue to the department that oversees the Elite Exclusive Offers. They will contact the Le Merigot JW about the issue. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. I am also sorry for the inconveniences and difficulties regarding this hotel.

For a complete list of non-participating hotels for the Elite Exclusive Offers, please visit: http://marriott.com/specials/mesOffe...splayLink=true
Old May 14, 2007, 3:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
Chris...

Although the problems at Le Merigot did not affect me personally, let me be the first to thank you for your attention to the matter.

As a postscript to my son's honeymoon experience, he has stayed subsequently at the hotel and reported no significant issues.
Old May 16, 2007, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cyberdad
As a postscript to my son's honeymoon experience, he has stayed subsequently at the hotel and reported no significant issues.
Does this include usage of EEO's?
Old May 17, 2007, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by ohmark
Does this include usage of EEO's?
I'm pretty sure it does....he usually tries to go that route when he and his wife travel.
Old May 21, 2007, 4:59 pm

Programs: United 1K (GS Refugee), Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Avis Chairman's Club
No issues recently

I used an EEO about a month ago on a Southern California trip with my family with no issue at checkin. Seems very inconsistently applied by hotel from other's feedback.
Old Oct 3, 2007, 11:49 am

Programs: AA Plat (1 MM), Marriott Liftetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver
Not allowed to use EEO

I called marriott reservations last night and tried booking using the EEO at Le Merigot and was told I could not use it.
Old Oct 3, 2007, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by Jigster
I called marriott reservations last night and tried booking using the EEO at Le Merigot and was told I could not use it.
I'm assuming you are trying to use the Marriott & JW Marriott Hotels free second night EEO that is valid through January 13, 2008?

This offer is valid at all Marriott and JW Marriott hotels except:
- Le Merigot, A JW Spa
https://www.marriott.com/specials/me...splayLink=true
Old Oct 3, 2007, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA Plat (1 MM), Marriott Liftetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver
I have one that expires October 7, 2007, but after visiting the site on the back of the certificate, Le Merigot is specifically excluded from the promo. Oh well.

Last edited by Jigster; Oct 3, 2007 at 2:55 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.