Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in New Orleans [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in New Orleans [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2017, 10:59 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
I was there 2 years ago and walked by a SPG 4 Points right on Bourbon St
Old Jun 25, 2017, 7:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by sanfran8080
2 Night weekday stay in NO during early September....what do you recommend?? The Marriott or the JW???
The JW is smaller than the Marriott, the latter being more of a convention hotel. They're across the street from each other give or take. Both have exec lounges which will be open during the week. If rates are basically the same I'd go w/ the JW.

Cheers.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 10:41 am

Programs: DL Gold; Bonvoy Gold; HHonors Diamond; Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
We've stayed at both the JW and the Marriott on Canal a few times (but not in the past couple of years) and enjoyed them both. Edge to the JW though.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 5:03 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
http://www.hotelmanagement.net/opera...-fairfield-inn

This hotel gets very dire reviews, but unfortunately we are arriving during a big festival and I can spend our late arrival first night here using a Chase 1-5 certificate before moving to the FQ.

Can anyone with more business savvy than me tell me if this might mean good news for a stay next May? When a new management team takes over do they usually try to improve things, or can I expect even further deterioration over the next several months.

Crystal balls anyone?
Old Jul 30, 2017, 12:25 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
renaissance warehouse district new orleans. i'm a marriott gold. booked exec room. what you think my odds are for an upgrade to a 1br suite? staying on a friday saturday night in aug.

also does anyone know if harrahs still has the free 24hr parking for 30min of 1 credit penny slot play?

Last edited by cur; Jul 30, 2017 at 4:55 pm
Old Aug 11, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: United Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
I was planning on staying at the Renaissance Pere Marquette next weekend, but that hotel flooded over last weekend. They want to re-accommodate me at the Marriott Canal Street, I am proposing to my longtime girlfriend and don't know if the Marriott is where I want to be. Does anyone have any thoughts on the other New Orleans Marriotts or suggestions on what I should do? I'm Marriott Gold.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by plc44
I was planning on staying at the Renaissance Pere Marquette next weekend, but that hotel flooded over last weekend. They want to re-accommodate me at the Marriott Canal Street, I am proposing to my longtime girlfriend and don't know if the Marriott is where I want to be. Does anyone have any thoughts on the other New Orleans Marriotts or suggestions on what I should do? I'm Marriott Gold.
It is big and old. I was would ask for the JW Marriott. How did it flood? Internal problem or rain?
Old Aug 11, 2017, 9:19 am

I believe it was the rain and it caused their basement to flood.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 9:39 am

Louisiana Governor Declares State of Emergency Over New Orleans Flooding Issues
https://weather.com/news/news/new-or...t-2017-impacts

I'd ask for the JW as well, but if they stick w/ the regular Marriott contact them in advance & let them know of the proposal/see if they can give an upgrade or do something nice (same w/ JW).

Cheers.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 10:01 am

The hotel said they couldn't place me anywhere but the Marriott, so based on y'alls recommendations I went ahead and cancelled my reservation and booked the JW. I shot an e-mail to the manager as well. Thanks for your help!
Old Sep 8, 2017, 12:57 pm
Suspended

Staying at the Renaissance Pere Marquette next week. I was going to stay at the JW on Monday but given I can't leave FLA this weekend I was forced to move my trip to the following week. I was disappointed to see the JW had a higher rate next week......I'm not a big fan of the Autograph locations and didn't want the Courtyard in the FQ either....What your thoughts???? I'm a LT platinum elite.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 6:09 am

Programs: MR Plat Premier, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Southwest CP
Hey all - my family (wife and 2 tweens) have never been to New Orleans and we are planning to go for a few nights sandwiched between Christmas and New Years (12/26-12/29). I've stayed for work at the CY Iberville a few times and when going to book that with points, found that not only are the hotels fairly cheap that week but that there are lots of other Marriott options to consider (ex: the JW would be actually cheaper).

No car and planning to do the typical tourist stuff. Garden District, French Quarter, Preservation Hall, Jackson Square, Frenchman Street, etc. Kids are small enough to share either a pull out or can also do a Full/Queen bed.

Thoughts on what hotel would work best for my family? I'm a Platinum member, so lounge access would be great and save us money each day for at least breakfast...this is why I would consider the JW over the Iberville. Thanks!
Old Oct 18, 2017, 6:15 am

I'd go w/ either the JW or the Marriott, as they both have lounges & are well suited for tourist stuff.

Cheers.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat
Hey all - my family (wife and 2 tweens) have never been to New Orleans and we are planning to go for a few nights sandwiched between Christmas and New Years (12/26-12/29). I've stayed for work at the CY Iberville a few times and when going to book that with points, found that not only are the hotels fairly cheap that week but that there are lots of other Marriott options to consider (ex: the JW would be actually cheaper).

No car and planning to do the typical tourist stuff. Garden District, French Quarter, Preservation Hall, Jackson Square, Frenchman Street, etc. Kids are small enough to share either a pull out or can also do a Full/Queen bed.

Thoughts on what hotel would work best for my family? I'm a Platinum member, so lounge access would be great and save us money each day for at least breakfast...this is why I would consider the JW over the Iberville. Thanks!
I would suggest either the JW or the Marriott as well, I've been in both. They are within a few blocks of each other so walking to the Quarter, the Riverwalk, or going up to catch the street cars to get up town is easy to do.

There is a shuttle service at the airport but with four people a private taxi may be cheaper and quicker as you will go direct to your hotel instead of making drops along your way. I use to rent but found that to be more of a hassle than it's worth. If you want to venture out and need a car for a day, there are places to pick one up near the hotels.

Enjoy your trip.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 7:19 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
If space and "cost" isn't an issue, the JW would be where I would stay. But if you could make use of more room, the RI which is closer to the convention center might be an option. It is in the Warehouse district. It will also get you a free breakfast. Getting a 1-bedroom suite shouldn't be an issue and as a Plat you might even be able to talk them into a 2-bedroom suite upgrade. It is closer to the WWII museum and things around there, but it will be a few blocks off of Canal St. (but still walkable to Bourbon St and the French Quarter.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.