Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Milan, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Milan, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2011, 4:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
+1

Yet another dissatisfied guest (see earlier post #5) --- things at this place haven't, and more then likely will not, improve as they could just care less!

Originally Posted by designy
If you are a Marriott Rewards person, avoid this place..........................
Stay at this place if you are a glutton for punishment.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 5:32 pm

Programs: United, USAIR, Marriott, Hilton
Milan Marriott

I stayed there a few years ago. I agree that the Executive Lounge was a poor experience. However, as a Platinum guest, I was invited to eat breakfast in the restaurant -- which was excellent.

Perhaps it's also worth mentioning that there was a large supermarket across the street. I don't need a free drink from the Executive Lounge when I can buy alcohol at the supermarket.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 5:33 pm

I have stayed at this prop a few times and have not had a bad experience to date, it is in a quiet neighborhood and the restaurant is actually fairly good for a hotel.

The staff as long as you are polite and say Chao are actually pretty nice, generally better than their counterparts at the much more prestigious Rome Marriott Grande Flora.

Dan
Old Aug 8, 2011, 1:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Granted we stayed there two years ago but it was one of the poorer experiences at a Marriott property in Europe. In fact we were there twice over a two week period, having checked out to drive down to Monaco and saw no improvement after coming back a few days later.

No ug for a Plat Prem.

Additionally, I had booked about 20 people in the hotel as part of a meeting I had organized.

Ditto on the air conditioning. Very odd rattles coming from it.

The concierge, while we were there, actually was very helpful, so no complaint there.

Location, if I wasn't a Marriott Elite there is no way I would have selected this property. Not really near anything, business or pleasure.

I'd put the Milan and Lisbon Marriott's on the 'avoid' list for Europe. You might as well be staying at a Hilton or Sheraton with no status.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I did not beat the timer.

has anyone seen a hotel return to the promotion after initially selling out?
Old Aug 20, 2011, 1:50 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by skrosvik
Thanks

Yeap, the Westin was actually cheaper than both Sheraton and Four Points when using Beat the Timer. And, the 118 EUR rate was for a room with king bed (double occupancy), which usually are more expensive in Milan since many hotels offers rooms with a single bed.

The 118 EUR rate seems to be available on all dates in October, so hurry!!
Stay fairly regularly in Milan and have to say that although the Westin is a "better" hotel the 4 points is just fine

If you have a car far easier to park by 4 points than by Westin (when there are fairs and heavy traffic in Milan)

Anything under 120€ is great value^

Outside of SPG decent hotels are in "NH" hotels (especially one on Via Tortona) or the Melia

Marriott OK too with very good breaky

If anybody needs any info feel free to PM me
Old Sep 5, 2011, 7:15 am

Programs: M&M,UA MP Silver, MR LT Titanium, HH Gold
Had two stays here end of august and first september WE.

Price -

great LNF rates came out to € 67/night/room

Accessibility -
Easiest way to get to the hotel from Milano Centrale is to take a cab. Cost was 11,40 €, took 18min on a Saturday afternoon. Tried Metro too, but with baggage, summer heat and two 700m strolls (to LIMA and from WAGNER) it seems a waste of time (metro was 6 €/4 ppl).

Rooms -
booked 2 standard rooms for 2 persons each; one with two beds, one was a queen. Nice bathroom, dual-head shower, bidet. Was upgraded to an "Executive" room, no suite. Nice enough, no complains here.

Restaurant -
brekkie for all four of us very good and free as plat! Great italian cappucino. Well worth the price

Service -
absolutely no experience of crappy customer service. Front desk was nice at check in and check out. Breakfast staff a little slow with coffee service one morning, but no big deal.

Location -
30min by feet to Duomo, nice walk. Would not take metro to save time.

Overall an average Marriott experience. Would stay there again considering the value I got.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 1:07 pm

I checking there later in the week. I'll post a quick review in a week.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 8:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Info on exec lounge on weekend appreciated if you think of it.

Cheers.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 11:47 pm

Programs: M&M,UA MP Silver, MR LT Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Info on exec lounge on weekend appreciated if you think of it.

Cheers.
"Exec lounge" is open on weekends but provides very basic offerings only. Kids got some soft drinks and peanuts, coffee was barely drinkable.

Last edited by Exdon; Sep 5, 2011 at 11:47 pm Reason: typo
Old Sep 6, 2011, 2:00 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
Was just there this weekend

Stayed there Saturday night coming in from Lake Como and flying out of Milan Sunday morning.

Check-in was great. Front Desk agent asked if we had planned to see the sights for our stay, gave directions to The Duomo, with instructions for walking, a cab, or the metro. After we returned, we were looking for a restaurant, and another desk agent walked us and another couple out to the street, giving directions to four or five different locations in walking distance with options for the types of food at each place. When we returned from dinner, the person asked where we went and if we liked it. Checkout was equally smooth.

Certainly no issues with customer service in any interaction I had.

We used points for the stay, so no idea of the cost. I think she said we were on the executive floor, and the room was as good as a normal Marriott room anywhere. Flat screen, mini-bar, good bathroom and decent closet space. To an earlier post, I do not think there was an iron in the room, but we didn’t need it. I commented to my wife that the bed made me feel like I was at home because it felt like the good-quality Marriott beds I normally have when traveling in the US. She gently pointed out that traveling in the US is not HOME.

It was Saturday night, and the executive lounge was not open, but you could get water and nuts or such. There were no sodas in there, but that may have been because they had been taken and not re-stocked. There is a super-market across the street. Much better prices on everything than you will find near the tourist stuff.

The hotel location is not in the middle of the tourist stuff, so you will need a good walk, the metro, or a cab for sight-seeing.

All in all, my experience was of a high-end, but relatively standard Marriott, much like what I would expect in any big city in the US.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
How long does it take to walk from the hotel to the nearest metro station? Are most tourist spots easily accesible by Metro?
Old Sep 7, 2011, 6:46 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
Originally Posted by Time traveller
How long does it take to walk from the hotel to the nearest metro station? Are most tourist spots easily accesible by Metro?
Front desk said the metro was a 5 minute walk, and it took you directly to the tourist areas.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 7:45 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
more like 15-minutes...............

Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant
Front desk said the metro was a 5 minute walk, and it took you directly to the tourist areas.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 1:59 am
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
Is Milan worth checking out if <24 hours on a layover (award travel - should I book a layover? Is it tough, costly, and/or time consuming to get to town from the airport and back?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.