Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Milan, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Milan, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2022, 10:18 am

I stayed here in October 2021. I am very disappointed with this hotel over the years. I know they are doing construction but it an old hotel with stinky rooms and old furniture. I keep going back here on my business trips but every time I have the worst stay. I hope I do not go back here. Do NOT recommend.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 2:48 pm

Milan Marriott

Has anyone stayed at any of the Marriott hotels in Milan? I have a free night's stay courtesy of the Bonvoy card and would like to make the most of it since I have a 24 hour layover there. Which one did you stay at and would you recommend it?
Old Mar 30, 2023, 5:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
I stayed the Milan Marriot on Washington. When I was there 10 months ago, it was going thru renovation. Rooms were a bit dated. Not a fancy hotel
samoyeddillpickle likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 6:12 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
I've stayed at Milan Marriott, AC, Sheraton San Siro and Four Points.
As many other state, the Marriott is going through renovations, and these will not be done before 2024 (as per information given in December) - until then don't bother. Location is not bad but also not top notch.
Four Points is quite fine for what it is, not being a full service, but the neighborhood around the Central Station can be unpleasant in the dark hours.
AC is close (as in 10 mins walk) to Corso Como and hence both shopping and eating out. Its location close to Porta Garibaldi also makes it a good option, if you don't have a car. Porta Garibaldi is a massive hub for (regional) trains, metro and busses. I stayed here while it was still hit by lockdown restrictions, so can't speak much about hotel services.
Sheraton San Siro I was positively surprised with in terms of hotel services and offerings, BUT the location is off the beaten path.

Since you only have 24 hours, I would go for the AC and make use of the good location both for food and shopping in nearby area, as well as the swift metro ride into downtown (take the green line to Cadorna).

EDIT; there are of course many luxury properties in Milan. If your one night cert allow for it, see if you can get into one of those (Westin, Bulgari etc)
Old Apr 3, 2023, 8:30 am

Definitely avoid the Marriott.

The Straf (Design Hotels) is another option, and location-wise you can't get much more central. I was able to get it last summer on a 35k FNA.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by Milkman
I've stayed at Milan Marriott, AC, Sheraton San Siro and Four Points.
As many other state, the Marriott is going through renovations, and these will not be done before 2024 (as per information given in December) - until then don't bother. Location is not bad but also not top notch.
Four Points is quite fine for what it is, not being a full service, but the neighborhood around the Central Station can be unpleasant in the dark hours.
AC is close (as in 10 mins walk) to Corso Como and hence both shopping and eating out. Its location close to Porta Garibaldi also makes it a good option, if you don't have a car. Porta Garibaldi is a massive hub for (regional) trains, metro and busses. I stayed here while it was still hit by lockdown restrictions, so can't speak much about hotel services.
Sheraton San Siro I was positively surprised with in terms of hotel services and offerings, BUT the location is off the beaten path.

Since you only have 24 hours, I would go for the AC and make use of the good location both for food and shopping in nearby area, as well as the swift metro ride into downtown (take the green line to Cadorna).

EDIT; there are of course many luxury properties in Milan. If your one night cert allow for it, see if you can get into one of those (Westin, Bulgari etc)
Amazing! I'll definitely check out AC. I was looking into Westin but I'm not sure that the cert will allow for it.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by laner
Definitely avoid the Marriott.

The Straf (Design Hotels) is another option, and location-wise you can't get much more central. I was able to get it last summer on a 35k FNA.
I was looking into this one since the location is pretty amazing. However, after reading some less than stellar reviews I was hoping to find a better option. Still going to consider it since we'll only be staying for 24 hours and won't be spending too much time at the hotel anyways. Thank you for the recommendation!
Old Sep 1, 2023, 5:30 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA GS; Marriott Titanium / LT Plat
I'm looking at a 2 night stay in Milan, coming in for AC Milan Match at San Siro. I'll be arriving by Train from Zurich (probably the Milano Central Railway Station) on a Saturday, match on Sunday, return to Zurich on Monday morning.,I'm trying to figure out which hotel to stay at.

At first, the Sheraton San Siro seemed like a no-brainer, but it's actually not as close to the stadium as I thought it would be - I figured walking distance, but it seems like a 25 minute walk. Given I'll probably still need a cab or something, it opens up my options for where to stay. I'm not much of a tourist or nightlife person, so I don't really care that the Sheraton is off the beaten path. I worry more that there is literally nothing to do around the hotel and I'll be forced to eat at the hotel.

Wondering if anyone has any suggestions for an alternate hotel when going to see a match at San Siro?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Sep 1, 2023 at 6:18 am Reason: Merge into previous thread
Old Mar 26, 2024, 1:09 am

Any recent stays at Milan Marriott, is the renovation completed at the property (website still shows old pictures)?

Thinking about doing either the AC or Marriott while we are in Milan for 2 days? Marriott will be nice as we will get free breakfast but would prefer to be closer to transit to get back and forth from Airport and other areas in Milan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.